30th time I have caught my husband stealing my pain meds!

Options

Replies

• Anthonyjmcgirr
    Options
    If the worst he does is steal pain meds and lies about it...then that's not divorce-worthy in my opinion. Marriages these days are just stupid. They set bad examples especially for the kids!! You shouldn't be able to get married and then divorced over something petty. And yes, taking some pain meds is petty. Maybe he has a problem. You're his wife...talk to him about it and try to find help. Maybe he's in pain and doesn't want to admit it?? I used to have an addiction to Vicodin as well and got off of them, so it's very easy to get addicted. Try to be a little more understanding.

But if it's much worse than taking some pills and he's also abusive, etc, then yeah, get divorced. But not over this.
  • Michelle2W
    Michelle2W Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Is this real?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Assuming you aren't trolling...

Your husband has an addiction issue, not a lying/stealing issue. Stop being a whining brat and try to get him some help ffs.

This is why I lose faith in humanity. People can't seem to deal with real life issues.

Seriously. He's your husband. You have children. I hope you have more than this in your pocket to file for a divorce.
  • jessicasarle
    jessicasarle Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Do you still love your husband? Is it possible that before jumping to divorce, you could sit down and discuss the possibility of him going to therapy for his addiction?

Maybe it's just me, but I would want to exhaust every option possible before getting a divorce. You said you had kids, right? That's really hard on them. You will do whatever works for you in the end!

I agree, you should look for help for your husband and try to fix your other problems in your marriage first. It seems though that if your wanting to divorce so easily that there are underlying problems. A strong marriage, when you truly love your partner, you can weather any storm. This can be an obstacle that requires both of you to work at it. Help you husband, don't just through him to the wolves. Good luck and keep us updated. Hoping for the best for both of you!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    She might not have deleted because of thin skin. She may have had anxiety about sharing personal info online.
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    BreeNJesse has deactivated their account.

tumblr_m6ha2uyfh71rwcc6bo1_400.gif

Are you terribly surprised after some of the mean, rude and downright judgmental replies she got. People please remember just cause you can't see someones face doesn't mean you aren't talking to a real person with real feelings.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    Hide the pain pills somewhere safe so you can take them. Replace the pain pills with laxatives. Proceed by giggling as he is getting up and racing to the restroom over and over again. Problem solved.
  • alexadarielle21
    Options
    You shouldn't divorce over pills. Try getting help 1st!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    She might not have deleted because of thin skin. She may have had anxiety about sharing personal info online.

You think OP would have thought about that before sharing this personal info online.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Your husband has an addiction issue, not a lying/stealing issue. Stop being a whining brat and try to get him some help ffs.

This is why I lose faith in humanity. People can't seem to deal with real life issues.

Dealing with "real life issues" in the moment is hard for everyone. Lying and stealing is just as much of an issue as the addiction, they are symptoms that put strain on the marriage and make it impossible to maintain trust-- a key component of any successful relationship.

Not really sure how her feelings of upset and helplessness in a time of personal trial makes you "lose faith in humanity".

She's finally realized that there is a huge problem in her relationship, and awareness is the first step to solving any problem. Whatever choices she makes are hers, and "right" and "wrong" are too subjective of words for what happens to bad relationships, but I'd say she's on the right track here.

The lying and stealing may sting a bit, but as you said, they are merely the symptoms god the larger problem, which is the addiction. She is focusing on the symptoms instead of the root cause, which is the lack of faith part. Let's say he was honest about his addiction and bought the pills off the street, does that make things better? He's being honest and not stealing, right? Bandaid solution applied!

The OP considered divorce before exploring other options.
  • IamBlackMamba
    IamBlackMamba Posts: 229
    Options
    BreeNJesse has deactivated their account.

tumblr_m6ha2uyfh71rwcc6bo1_400.gif

Are you terribly surprised after some of the mean, rude and downright judgmental replies she got. People please remember just cause you can't see someones face doesn't mean you aren't talking to a real person with real feelings.

You're new here I'm guessing.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options

This. What ever happened to "...in sickness and in health..."???
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I think you both may have a drug problem. Get help.

This!!!
  • btoeps74
    btoeps74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm hooked on hugs, not drugs...
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    You're a drug addict and so is your husband. Get yourself help and then get him help. No amount of dieting and exercise will make you healthy if you're drug dependent. If you have LEGITIMATE need, try alternatives to drugs, i.e. acupuncture
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    share hugs not drugs
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Is it not ok to vent about things not weightloss/fitness related here? I know I would be better off going online with a set of strangers venting my frustrations then telling my crap to family/friends when it is about my husband. I stay with him, so venting to them is just making them hate him worse. Not a good idea. Anyways, I am pretty new to posting. I haven't been around in a while so I am just trying to get the feel of the board trying to figure out how NOT to run to the fridge when he is being an *kitten*. :laugh: If it is looked down upon here, I will definitely take note.

PS, I don't really think she is an addict, if she was, she would always have her pills on her.
  • FeleciaMiller
    FeleciaMiller Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    [And lying about it! I started counting my pills because I was running out of them quicker than I could get them prescribed and honestly thought it was me. I am at the end of my rope with the lying and stealing. Who does that? There is no trust! I know this is supposed to be all happy cheery crap all the time but I'm having a WAY heavy day. I think I'm divorcing him.

Oh my, he definitely needs some help. I'm glad that you are seeing it for what it is. I strongly suggest you talk to him about getting some help. Only you know how long you have been dealing with this, in the end im all for making a marriage work however if the other party isn't wanting to fix what's broken (drug issue and whatever else the root of the problem is) then you must do what's best for you and your children. Try and talk with him and see about getting some help then go from there.}
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I live this life of good karma and want to raise my kids the same. What does that say about me staying with someone who lies and steals?

Get him help. In the meantime, keep the pills hidden and/or locked away.

After a full page of responses, it seems odd I'd be the first person to suggest this. ^^ Seems pretty obvious to me...

^I know right?!
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    30th time. lol.
This discussion has been closed.