Running in the morning

Options
124»

Replies

• arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I have to have my coffee and a bm or I do not feel good! then straight out the door after that!

I believe the technical term is "pre-run dump..."
  • moonbaby12
    moonbaby12 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    For those of you who run in the morning, do you eat something first? Drink water?

i think the bottom line is you have to try and see what works best for you!
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Good Heaven, am I the only one who needs a decent breakfast before working out in the am? I would faint if I ran on an empty stomach.

If you saw my Arsch, you would know that my body has plenty of fuel to tap into. Someday, I will have a true runner's body like yours :smile:
  • marita_mimi
    marita_mimi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    nope, just black coffee
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    i just go...maybe a few sips of water, but if i eat, i get sick
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    If I have any at home, I'll eat a banana. If I don't, I usually just have a bit of water.
  • ChrisR0se
    ChrisR0se Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    I don't eat till 11 and try to get my workout on before that. ♡
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    If I am running 7 or more miles then I chomp some oat meal, otherwise I get the grub on when I get home.
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I get stomach cramps if I eat before running, so I just get up and go. I won't even drink water because I hate feeling like I need to pee. I will survive a 30 min. run without water. Heck, I can survive a 90 min. run without water. When I get home I make tea/coffee and slurp down a glass of water with my vitamins and take a shower.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Depends on how far you are going. If it is less than 6 miles, I prefer an empty stomache. As for long runs, I do something small; yogurt, banana, toast or milk.

^^This^^ I don't do anything over 6 miles in the morning so it's up, few glugs of water and go. I do a longer 8 miles+ on the weekend so I have a slice of toast & peanut butter with a banana at least an hour before I go.
  • prism1119
    prism1119 Posts: 2
    Options
    I eat a very light meal, 1/2 of a plain bagel or a piece of toast. Coffee is a must so this keeps everything settled.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have found that I run up to 5 miles much better on an empty stomach. I usually have at least one cup of water before I go, but that's it. If it's going to be a few hours before I run, then I might eat a piece of toast with peanut butter, or banana & peanut butter, etc, but I prefer an empty tummy and running within an hour of waking.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have to eat and let food settle and go to the bathroom and go to the bathroom again and go back for water and stretch and them have decaf coffee and then go to the bathroom. THEN, my heart usually feels stable enough for a run. And it's 10AM or later. PSVT. Gotta love it.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I too just roll out of bed and go. I may have a sip of water beforehand. On Saturdays & Sundays though I'll enjoy a cup of coffee first since I'm not crunched for time.

Coffee before a run? Are you crazy?!?! :tongue:

^^^ This coming from a guy who claimed to have done a 10K w/ a cup of coffee in hand! :wink: