Random thoughts...

Options
Heather75
Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
Sometimes I think of things and I would like to post my random thoughts here. Feel free to do the same.

Okay. So today, while walking to the gym, I noticed that the street didn't smell very good - kind of like if someone was drinking urine, suddenly realised it, vomited and then tried to clean it up with a rotting fish they happened to have in their pocket. I thought to myself, I wish it would rain and you know what? IT RAINED. I made it rain. Then I thought to myself again, only this time the thought was what if everyone only gets one wish that comes true and instead of wishing for a pet giraffe or money to buy a pet giraffe or something equally cool, I wasted my wish on stupid rain? Then, I realised that there is no way that kind of power would ever be left in my hands by what or who is in charge of that sort of thing, and I felt better. I'll sleep tonight!

Replies

• sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    now everytime i wish for something im going to add and that i had a pet california kingsnake and a million dollars-ex. i really wish it would rian- and that i had a million dollars and a california kingsnake. thats right- i beat the system! lol jk

oh and some thoughts of my own- whats with all the haters and form trolls? its really bugging me and making me sad :(
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Haha you are a funny one! :laugh:
  • Heather75
    Options
    sexygenius, you only beat the system if the wishes come true like mine did. My wish took about 2 hours. Yours might take longer because of the complexity.

Something else I was thinking - If you ever want to celebrate a skunk's birthday, whatever you do, don't throw them a surprise party. It will be a disaster.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I love this topic!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sexygenius
    Options
    haha! i was totally going to throw my pet skunk a surprize party- im so glad you mentioned that!!!! (<---that joke doesnt really work since pet skunks have there sent glads removed but whatever lol)

if our knees were backwards, how would chairs look?
    how do you throw away a trash can?
    i love that my name is sexygenius-because it makes people constantly compliment me (moowhahaha)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Why do most packages of hot dogs come in 10, but most packages of the hot dog buns come in 8?
  • sexygenius
    Options
    so that the low carb people at the barBQ dont throw a fit! lol jk
  • Heather75
    Options
    Why are cherries so expensive? They are fruit - not gemstones.
  • sexygenius
    Options
    i know right!!! and mangos too!!! have you ever seen how much friut one mango tree produces? they should be cheaper than apples!
  • mspraul
    mspraul Posts: 21
    Options
    Okay, I have a coleslaw theory. (Since this is a general theory, you must eliminate the people that LOVE coleslaw and the people that HATE coleslaw...they don't count for obvious reasons.)

If you are at a restaurant that offers you coleslaw or a variety of other things as a side dish, most people will tend to lean to the "something else." That said, if you are brought coleslaw as an automatic side dish, most people will tend to eat some or all of it.

It's almost like coleslaw is a dish that most people don't really want, but are totally fine with eating if they are presented with it on their plate.

Coleslaw is the Pluto of the food world...you get to count as food, but a bunch of people don't really want you.

Poor coleslaw...
  • mspraul
    Options
    I am also fascinated by the pschology behind the sticks you put between orders at the grocery store and other places. Many times, I don't put the stick between my order and the person in front of me to see what they will do. I could leave 3 feet of empty belt between their food and mine, doesn't matter...

They will undoubtedly look at the empty space with a slightly panicked expression and -- 9 times of out 10 -- will put that stick between our purchases. Even when there is no doubt that our stuff is not together.

It's like a compulsion.

I could go on with random stuff for days...
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    I am also fascinated by the pschology behind the sticks you put between orders at the grocery store and other places. Many times, I don't put the stick between my order and the person in front of me to see what they will do. I could leave 3 feet of empty belt between their food and mine, doesn't matter...

They will undoubtedly look at the empty space with a slightly panicked expression and -- 9 times of out 10 -- will put that stick between our purchases. Even when there is no doubt that our stuff is not together.

It's like a compulsion.

I could go on with random stuff for days...

The reason for putting the stick in between is because not all cashiers are smart ones! LOL!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have a coleslaw theory. (Since this is a general theory, you must eliminate the people that LOVE coleslaw and the people that HATE coleslaw...they don't count for obvious reasons.)

If you are at a restaurant that offers you coleslaw or a variety of other things as a side dish, most people will tend to lean to the "something else." That said, if you are brought coleslaw as an automatic side dish, most people will tend to eat some or all of it.

It's almost like coleslaw is a dish that most people don't really want, but are totally fine with eating if they are presented with it on their plate.

Coleslaw is the Pluto of the food world...you get to count as food, but a bunch of people don't really want you.

Poor coleslaw...

That is unless you live in the south then they put the coleslaw on hamburger and hotdogs. I was so confused when I was at a potluck and they offered it to me.
  • Heather75
    Options
    Another thing - Do you think that homo erectus, for example, or any of our ancestors kept their fingernails smooth? I ask because when we have a catch in a nail, it's really, really irritating - almost like an itch in that you are compelled to do something about it. I challenge you to go for an entire day with a jagged fingernail. It will make you crazy, and not only because it will catch on everything.

I agree about poor coleslaw. It's a C-list side-dish that nobody took to the side-dish prom. Boiled potatoes would have gone with coleslaw, but they were to shy to ask...
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    When someone is driving under the speed limit in the left hand lane, why do they give me a dirty look when I'm forced to pass them on the right?
  • NWgardener
    NWgardener Posts: 28
    Options
    Sometimes I think of things and I would like to post my random thoughts here. Feel free to do the same.

Okay. So today, while walking to the gym, I noticed that the street didn't smell very good - kind of like if someone was drinking urine, suddenly realised it, vomited and then tried to clean it up with a rotting fish they happened to have in their pocket. I thought to myself, I wish it would rain and you know what? IT RAINED. I made it rain. Then I thought to myself again, only this time the thought was what if everyone only gets one wish that comes true and instead of wishing for a pet giraffe or money to buy a pet giraffe or something equally cool, I wasted my wish on stupid rain? Then, I realised that there is no way that kind of power would ever be left in my hands by what or who is in charge of that sort of thing, and I felt better. I'll sleep tonight!
    I hope I am doing this correctly--I haven't quite figured out this posting stuff...
    Please do not wish for rain anymore--I want to go out and do some gardening here in Oregon. Right now I would trade all this rain for TWO pet giraffes!
  • Heather75
    Options
    I don't have to wish for it anymore because it already rained. I'll happily take the 2 giraffes you offered, though...
  • mspraul
    Options
    Why -- when waiting for an elevator or at a corner to cross the street -- do people feel the need to push the button several times because things aren't happening fast enough? Especially when they see the button has already been pushed. No, the speed of the thing is not in direct proportion to how many times the button was pushed.

This is obviously people that need to fill the time with something, as standing there waiting is just too difficult.

Mel

PS I'm in Los Angeles -- there must be no one wishing for rain here or the prayers are just going unheard. And the always-fabulous 100+ degree "it's a dry heat" weather will soon be upon us.
  • Heather75
    Options
    I hate that too. Especially when someone sees that you have pressed it and immediately presses it again. Do they think I didn't press it correctly? Did they take a special button-pressing course that makes them so much more effective at pressing buttons than the rest of us?

I wonder why refrigerators are magnetic.