Random thoughts...

Options

Replies

• immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I am also fascinated by the pschology behind the sticks you put between orders at the grocery store and other places. Many times, I don't put the stick between my order and the person in front of me to see what they will do. I could leave 3 feet of empty belt between their food and mine, doesn't matter...

They will undoubtedly look at the empty space with a slightly panicked expression and -- 9 times of out 10 -- will put that stick between our purchases. Even when there is no doubt that our stuff is not together.

It's like a compulsion.

I could go on with random stuff for days...

Even better when the cashier comes to the end of the person in front of you's stuff... picks up the stick... slides the stick into the little slot... and then asks the person if that's the end of their stuff.... :noway:
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Or how about when you are in a waiting room and no one sits in the chair next to a stranger. They would rather stand if needs be than to sit in a chair next to a stranger. I love to see how uncomfortable people get when you sit down next to them. Sometimes they even get up and walk away. :laugh:
  • vinjama
    vinjama Posts: 52
    Options
    Ok, how bout this one.. I'm getting closer to becoming a millionare each time I play the lotto. Each week, another number I pick comes up in the draw. Last night, I got 3 numbers out of 6!!! I won $11

So pretty much at this rate, in 3 weeks I will be wealthy rich and then will kick myself in the *kitten* for not playing sooner.
  • MiniRose2B
    MiniRose2B Posts: 53
    Options
    Ok, how bout this one.. I'm getting closer to becoming a millionare each time I play the lotto. Each week, another number I pick comes up in the draw. Last night, I got 3 numbers out of 6!!! I won $11

So pretty much at this rate, in 3 weeks I will be wealthy rich and then will kick myself in the *kitten* for not playing sooner.

Vin if you think you have a lot of female friends now just wait and see what it looks like in 3 weeks.. lol
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I hate that too. Especially when someone sees that you have pressed it and immediately presses it again. Do they think I didn't press it correctly? Did they take a special button-pressing course that makes them so much more effective at pressing buttons than the rest of us?

Especially when it is lit!
  • MiniRose2B
    MiniRose2B Posts: 53
    Options
    The one thing that always made me feel stupid is when I'm at the Doctor's office and he walks in and asks "how are you doing today?' "Well I'm doing wonderful Doctor that's why I had to take a day off work and come in here and tell you" duh...
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I hate having a name at the beginning of the alphabet... the main line for my office simply has a dial by name feature (no operator LOL)... and guess who telemarketers always pick to dial... the ONE person who is ALWAYS at the beginning of the list. :explode: :explode: :explode:

If you are a telemarketer - please scroll down the list to someone else once in awhile. :grumble:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe that Dog the Bounty Hunter and his wife are doing so much better than I am financially. I mean, she says "drug attic" and he has to be the absolute KING of malapropisms. They are stupid. I am not. They are wealthy. I am not.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I can't beleive that popping out abnormal amounts of kids can get you a tv show and make you famous.
  • Heather75
    Options
    How did anyone not know that Freddie Mercury was gay? It's so obvious, in retrospect...
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    When someone is driving under the speed limit in the left hand lane, why do they give me a dirty look when I'm forced to pass them on the right?

^^ THIS ^^ wine.gif
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    How did anyone not know that Freddie Mercury was gay? It's so obvious, in retrospect...

I didn't know. And...my brother was gay and he is the one that I saw Queen with for the first time. I also saw Queen a couple years ago with Paul Rodgers singing. Not the same, but great nonetheless.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

I remember going through Tiger Beat magazines with my friends trying to decide which "Village People" we'd want to marry. :laugh:
  • 365healthchallenge
    Options
    Not really a random thought, but still random...

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and they kept me waiting alone in the room for almost an hour, the XM radio started playing "Sara" (which just happens to be my name) and the second the song ended the doctor came in. So random...
  • Heather75
    Options
    Dave Navarro is really creepy.
  • Heather75
    Options
    I don't care for spiders. It's nothing personal - they just have too many legs for my liking. There is a spider that lives on my balcony and he is one of those jumping spiders. Unfortunately, they freak me out. Because I live on the 21st floor, I can't just flick him off, because he might die if he isn't able to attach himself with a web on the way down, and I don't kill anything if I can avoid it. I generally try to peacefully co-exist with all the creatures.

Anyway, because I can't kill him or flick him out of my life, I now have a pet spider. His name is Carl.
  • Heather75
    Options
    According to 1950s and 60s sci-fi, we are supposed to have flying cars by now. I feel a bit ripped off.
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I don't care for spiders. It's nothing personal - they just have too many legs for my liking. There is a spider that lives on my balcony and he is one of those jumping spiders. Unfortunately, they freak me out. Because I live on the 21st floor, I can't just flick him off, because he might die if he isn't able to attach himself with a web on the way down, and I don't kill anything if I can avoid it. I generally try to peacefully co-exist with all the creatures.

Anyway, because I can't kill him or flick him out of my life, I now have a pet spider. His name is Carl.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So funny that you even named it!
  • fightthesunrise
    Options
    Why is there a frickin' Mongolian BBQ place next to my gym? Seriously. I had just busted my butt and upon walking out found myself salivating. Not cool.
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options

I would love to be in the Vet's waiting room, when you bring Carl in for his first check-up and shots.