What was your food addiction?

Options

Replies

• Sophiad16
    Sophiad16 Posts: 23
    Options
    I don't know why, but Hostess Honey Buns. The gross ones that are loaded with tons of preservatives. I could eat 2 in one sitting, easily, and probably gained about 10 pounds from Honey Buns alone during my 4th year of college. I still won't eat a honey bun to this day since losing weight because it just brings back too many bad memories! :grumble:
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything edible in portions large enough for two. But my big thing has always been savory things. Cheese, fried things, doughy things, salty things. Or salty/sweet like chocolate covered pretzels. Oh man, so good. But also ice cream and chocolate. I still have all of these things but in smaller portions and much less frequency than I used to. It takes a little while to get there, but when you do it's great!
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I think mine were peanut butter and cheese. I could eat a whole jar of peanut butter or a whole 8oz of cheese.

There was this shake at Sonic that I used to eat too, an extra large, with dough in it. It was so good. I still like it but don't eat it anymore.

I made a very rich homemade chocolate cake too that was so good. I would eat most of it. I have not made that in a very long time.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Junk food in general.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    For me, it always has and always will be anything containing a combination of sugar and fat, so cake, chocolate, ice cream...you get the picture. Fortunately, I have never become overweight as a result, not in my genes apparently. But yep, I cannot walk into a café selling cake, without wanting a slice...or two.
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I am constantly battling my addiction to fatty foods- cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, mayonnaise and the such. Also have had my sodium levels way too high on a few occasions. I really like salty foods. Always have. I was raised on them so it's harder to break. But watching my daily intakes of sodium has helped me realize where all the salt is coming from. I just have to learn to eat less of those foods or only indulge once in a while.
  • Charlottesmama
    Charlottesmama Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wine, skittles, sugar free red bull 16oz
  • WonTaunTaun
    WonTaunTaun Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Nachos! Hands down. Just typing this makes me miss the cheesy, jalapeno goodness.
  • Lissa_M
    Lissa_M Posts: 131
    Options
    Fast food anything. Chocolate anything. Pizza. This list could go on for days...
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter
    Trader Joe's dark chocolate peanut butter cups
    Cheese
    Avocados

They still are my addiction. Luckily the closest TJs is 4 hours away. I now buy PB2 so I have to make it before I eat it. I allow myself 1/2 avocado a day (if that), and only one serving of dairy a day (which makes me decide between cheese and the greek yogurt I put in my breakfast smoothie.)
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Potato chips! any kind of potato chips! I LOVE potato chips!!!!
  • ProphetOfDoom
    Options
    Chinese food. The girlfriend and i always end up eating a lot more than we should when we order in.
  • agentkate
    agentkate Posts: 10
    Options
    I had a serious addiction to Peanut Butter Snickers. I was a mystery shopper last year and I had to buy something to prove I was at the store... and I always bought 1 or 2 bars with a Diet Coke. (I had a serious Diet Coke addiction, too... have since kicked that habit). Can't even imagine eating like that now!!! I felt so gross...
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Used to be Hooter's boneless wings and curly fries. Now, I'm pleased to say, "no mas!" Losing 54 pounds and getting active again curd that craving.
  • aprell423
    aprell423 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    TAKIS Chile And Lime Rolled Tortilla Chips! YUM!!!!!
  • pateyface
    pateyface Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Anything from McDonald's. Was so addicted. Now that I've started cutting calories back and cut out pop, I find I don't even crave it anymore, which is AWESOME! :)
  • ghayes1954
    ghayes1954 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    SUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Crackers.. Any, really, but specifically cheez its and I wouldn't turn down goldfish. Had some goldfish a few weeks ago and they were just gross.
  • laurabelle2013
    Options
    A large fresh almond twist pastry with a full fat latte from the coffee shop. Almost everyday! Now I earn half a twist with a 2% latte when I kill it at the gym! :)
  • tarameow1
    tarameow1 Posts: 4
    Options
    I would say pasta and cheese. I still eat a cup or two of pasta sometimes now but I realized I must have ate like 5cups before! That and French fries :love: