:heart: :flowerforyou:
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    *love!*
  • Robertsollady
    Robertsollady Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Love this!! Very powerful and well stated! Thanks for sharing!!
    :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Robertsollady
    Robertsollady Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    :smile: thank you i needed to hear this
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Fantastic...

not much point in using a forum like this then, so i m having bacon, sausage, mushrooms in butter with fried bread and an egg on top today and am going to enjoy the positive nature of your post ...

So much so it seems pointless aiming for my weight loss goal and i may as well treat myself now and i think i ll get a tattoo of the entire 10 things you posted so everyone knows and can be happy like me - and i reckon with a bit of creative work it will just about fit on my belly !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the help !

I'm sure that's the point. Good job on nailing it.
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Did anyone look at the pictures? They are amazing, http://www.thebodyimages.com/
    They really are
  • NC_Sean
    Options
    You had me at 30 different women in my bed.........

Yep...
  • hauhaut901
    hauhaut901 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    /disagree

I think fat women/men need to acknowledge that excess fat is unhealthy (and ofc estetically unappealing but that isn't the main point , getting fit should be for getting healthier) and use that "hate" for their fat as a motivation to get rid of it , saying "you're beautiful just the way you are" eventually leads to your own defeat.

In life you need to strive to be your very best in every single category and never satisfy for anything less than that
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    A male friend of mine loves larger women. There is a lid for every pot as they say.
  • marionmmm
    Options
    hehehehe - to the part about bucking fashion trends and wearing what you want.... I have $3 Walmart tube tops in every color... and I said DAM, I look pretty good in them... hehehehehe yes, I said tube tops!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    /disagree

I think fat women/men need to acknowledge that excess fat is unhealthy (and ofc estetically unappealing but that isn't the main point , getting fit should be for getting healthier) and use that "hate" for their fat as a motivation to get rid of it , saying "you're beautiful just the way you are" eventually leads to your own defeat.

In life you need to strive to be your very best in every single category and never satisfy for anything less than that

:noway: :noway: :noway:

Seriously get out...really let me open the door for you.

"Fat" people know that excess fat is unhealthy but don't tell me it's unappealing. I was/am overweight when I met my husband (30lbs heavier then I am now) lost some gained it back...for 3 years...he thought and still thinks I am the sexiest most attractive woman everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. He is HOT HOT HOT...by anybodies standards and 9 years younger(he was 26 when we met and I was 37) oh and a mom of a 15 year old brat boy. I am and always will be sexy and beautiful as are all people with self confidence, that is not relegated to fit and healthy people.

My journey into fitness has nothing to do with my self confidence it has to do with my desire to be fit and healthy and this article is trying to get others to that point...hate of oneself (as you say over weight people should feel) leads to defeat and if people who feel that way ever get "slim" they will always see that fat person and always lack self confidence.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    /disagree

Yes and no.

Of course being healthy should be a goal for everyone. Yes more people need to accept and move to change their current health. NO THEY SHOULD NOT HATE THEMSELVES and try to be healthy with hate as any type of motivation.

Your prompt to use hate is kind of telling though.

Best of luck on your journey.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    /disagree

I am sure many, if not all of us, agree with your point of excess fat as unhealthy but really... go post that in another thread so that the rest of us who truly understand the intent of this one, can learn to love ourselves along the way to 'getting rid of it'.

ETA: I :heart: this post so hard... thanks lilRicki!
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I like women of all kinds, personally.

And my balls hang differently. I always assumed one was lower than the other so they didn't knock against eachother while i was running.

LMAO
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    First and foremost, I liked you cuz your a Saints fan.........enough said there.

Great post :)
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. Thank you for posting.