eating 1200 burining 4-800

Options
124»

Replies

• MarizMommie
    MarizMommie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I dont appreciate the negativity! MOTIVATION AND SUPPORT. I OBVISOULY DONT KNOW WHAT I AM DOING! THESITE TOLD ME TO EAT 1200 CALORIES A DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I GAINED THIS WEIGHT FROM MY PREGNANCY! I AM INSECURE AND TRYING TO LOOSE WEIGHT. THANKS FOR NOTHING BUT MORE CRITICISM. IF ANY OF YOU CAN STOP AND READ INSTEAD OF TRYING TO BE THE "POST CLOWN" YOU WOULD SEE IT SAYS " I DONT UNDERSTAND THE RESTING CALORIE EQUATION!!" THAT WAS THE QUESTION.NOT YOUR OPINION ON THE NUMBERS I AM INSERTING INTO IT.

how is it that you don't know what you're doing? have you ever been on a diet before? it sounds like you want to quickly loose weight which in the end is just going to hurt you because as WE ALL KNOW to loose that kind of weight that fast means you are NOT eating correctly and you are overdoing it on exercise so once you stop this cycle and go back to healthy eating habits you'll gain the weight back. WE'VE ALL DONE THIS!

what is the reason for wanting to drop 10lbs so fast/so soon? in the grand scheme of things 10lbs is not enough weight for someone to notice a significant change in you so if you're doing this because of an upcoming event/party/etc it really will not make a bit of difference.

if you are serious about loosing weight/becoming healthy then slow down. it's not a sprint it's a marathon. what exactly are you doing for exercise that you are burning 800 calories? if you seriously are burning this amount then you need to eat enough food to sustain this type of exercise (or else you'll wind up fainting or in the hospital due to fatigue). eating between 1200-1500 GOOD calories NET will give you the energy you need to keep up with your child.

so if you burn 800 calories and this site tells you to eat 1200 calories then you need to eat 1200 AFTER you factor in your 800 burned (you do not eat 1200 calories then BURN 800 and leave it at that).

almonds, peanut butter, cheese, eggs (the entire egg), chicken, fish, veggies, beans, hummus, potatoes all this is good for you.

No, I have not been on a diet before. I have always been active. I had a child, started staying at home with her and eating. Now Summers here again, and I find myself bigger now then when I first had her, SHES ALMOST A YEAR AND A HALF OLD! BEYONCE HAD HER BABY THE DAY AFTER ME...AND SHES GOT LIKE A 12 PACK,WHILE I HAVE A DARN KEG!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    This will sound stupid: but here it goes

Why do I eat the calories back that I worked so hard to burn?

MFP is a NEAT method calculator (Non Exercise Activity Thermogenesis). NEAT method calculators assume NO exercise in your daily activity, even if you say you're going to do it, the calculator doesn't believe you. So the calculator, in this case, MFP gives you a calorie goal with a big old fat deficit for weight loss built in just based on your day to day activity without any exercise.

The 1200 calorie goal is net of exercise because it is a NEAT method calculator. That 1200 calorie goal is about 1000 calories per day below what your maintenance level of calories is just living your day to day without exercise. When you exercise, you are inserting an additional activity that isn't accounted for in your activity level setting...thus, you need to fuel that extra activity. This is why when you log exercise, your calorie GOAL is increased. It is a GOAL...a GOAL is something to be achieved.

When you burn off 800 calories and only gross 1200 calories, that means your net intake for the day is 400 calories. This is less than an anorexic individual would consume in a day. The average healthy female who is just generally active consumes roughly 2,000 gross calories per day just to maintain. The average female who gets in some gym time eats around 2300 gross calories to maintain...just to give you a snap shot of how few calories you're netting.

Also, you don't need to burn 800 calories when you go to the gym...you don't have to workout like that. Set some fitness goals that go beyond calorie burn. Your calorie deficit is already built into your diet remember? I'd say on average I burn about 300 calories per day exercising...I do some light aerobic cardio for my heart health and endurance and I lift heavy weights...that's it, and I'm pretty fit these days. It is completely unnecessary to kill yourself at the gym.

Go out there and start eating...be a good example to your child and do this right. Weight loss is slow...have patience...focus on the process of being healthier, getting better nutrition from your food and being a more fit individual...the rest will fall into place.
  • MarizMommie
    MarizMommie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    / PLEASE help. Im confused with the resting.calorie burning thing. So if my resting is 1520 and i eat 1200 and burn an additional 500 a day...how much weight should i loose a week? / I aiming for 1lb a day at least 5lbs a week. im 5'3 170 23 yr female

EDIT

IM ONLY TRYING TO LOOSE 5 LBS FOR THE FIRST WEEK AND THEN 2 AFTER(. Im trying to loose 10 lbs in 1 month), I GOT THE 1200 CALORIE INTAKE GOAL FORM THE SITE...WHAT SHOULD I BE EATING IF NOT 1200

EDIT

so i upped my calorie goal to 1500.Which will be the minimum i eat daily... I did NOT read anything when I signed up. Stupid now.But thought It was simple .I thought I eat the "goal",whch they gave me 1200... and then exercise as much as possible..Anywho,so thanks for the support and patience for those who took tie to answer with positive feedback.Please add me if you would like,i need all the support I can get,and im more than willing to return it now that i understand "calorie" language

-
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I lost 23 pounds in 2 months on a 1200 calories per day diet. My advice to you is that you MUST exercise. Cardio, Cardio and weight lifting.I still eat regular foods and lost the weight because I pushed myself to: 1) Box- that burns 1000 calories per hour plus 2) Elliptical you can burn between 800-1100 calories per hour. I workout 6 days a week and have Sunday as my day to stretch and rest. Best wishes to you.

For the love of all things sane, please do NOT follow this advice. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. ALL KINDS OF FREAKING WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    michael_no_stop_zps4b9bd70a.gif

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    / PLEASE help. Im confused with the resting.calorie burning thing. So if my resting is 1520 and i eat 1200 and burn an additional 500 a day...how much weight should i loose a week? / I aiming for 1lb a day at least 5lbs a week. im 5'3 170 23 yr female

EDIT

IM ONLY TRYING TO LOOSE 5 LBS FOR THE FIRST WEEK AND THEN 2 AFTER(. Im trying to loose 10 lbs in 1 month), I GOT THE 1200 CALORIE INTAKE GOAL FORM THE SITE...WHAT SHOULD I BE EATING IF NOT 1200

EDIT

so i upped my calorie goal to 1500.Which will be the minimum i eat daily... I did NOT read anything when I signed up. Stupid now.But thought It was simple .I thought I eat the "goal",whch they gave me 1200... and then exercise as much as possible..Anywho,so thanks for the support and patience for those who took tie to answer with positive feedback.Please add me if you would like,i need all the support I can get,and im more than willing to return it now that i understand "calorie" language

-

Good luck, and remember, that weight lost slowly is more likely to be a permanent change. Build your self confidence from doing the best you can for your body, not from losing weight as quickly as possible. Oh, and look into doing some strength training, so that you retain your muscle. Strength training can really transform you and it is highly likely that this is what Beyoncé did as well, to get her abs showing. And just keep reading the forums here, as you will learn a lot that way. And check out the group, 'eat more to weigh less'. Link is below.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less
  • cindybpitts
    cindybpitts Posts: 213 Member
    Options

EDIT

EDIT

-
    Dont feel stupid..I didnt read anything at 1st either and lots of others dont too. I still would`nt have understood if I had of read it. There are people on here that are willing to answer and help so good luck to you!:happy:
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I dont appreciate the negativity! MOTIVATION AND SUPPORT. I OBVISOULY DONT KNOW WHAT I AM DOING! THESITE TOLD ME TO EAT 1200 CALORIES A DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I GAINED THIS WEIGHT FROM MY PREGNANCY! I AM INSECURE AND TRYING TO LOOSE WEIGHT. THANKS FOR NOTHING BUT MORE CRITICISM. IF ANY OF YOU CAN STOP AND READ INSTEAD OF TRYING TO BE THE "POST CLOWN" YOU WOULD SEE IT SAYS " I DONT UNDERSTAND THE RESTING CALORIE EQUATION!!" THAT WAS THE QUESTION.NOT YOUR OPINION ON THE NUMBERS I AM INSERTING INTO IT.

how is it that you don't know what you're doing? have you ever been on a diet before? it sounds like you want to quickly loose weight which in the end is just going to hurt you because as WE ALL KNOW to loose that kind of weight that fast means you are NOT eating correctly and you are overdoing it on exercise so once you stop this cycle and go back to healthy eating habits you'll gain the weight back. WE'VE ALL DONE THIS!

what is the reason for wanting to drop 10lbs so fast/so soon? in the grand scheme of things 10lbs is not enough weight for someone to notice a significant change in you so if you're doing this because of an upcoming event/party/etc it really will not make a bit of difference.

if you are serious about loosing weight/becoming healthy then slow down. it's not a sprint it's a marathon. what exactly are you doing for exercise that you are burning 800 calories? if you seriously are burning this amount then you need to eat enough food to sustain this type of exercise (or else you'll wind up fainting or in the hospital due to fatigue). eating between 1200-1500 GOOD calories NET will give you the energy you need to keep up with your child.

so if you burn 800 calories and this site tells you to eat 1200 calories then you need to eat 1200 AFTER you factor in your 800 burned (you do not eat 1200 calories then BURN 800 and leave it at that).

almonds, peanut butter, cheese, eggs (the entire egg), chicken, fish, veggies, beans, hummus, potatoes all this is good for you.

No, I have not been on a diet before. I have always been active. I had a child, started staying at home with her and eating. Now Summers here again, and I find myself bigger now then when I first had her, SHES ALMOST A YEAR AND A HALF OLD! BEYONCE HAD HER BABY THE DAY AFTER ME...AND SHES GOT LIKE A 12 PACK,WHILE I HAVE A DARN KEG!

Beyonce also has a bazilliondy dollars, access to a personal chef, and personal trainer if she desires it. Most people are not Beyonce.