Easy Peasy Flatbread Recipe - 90cal per serving

Options

Replies

• faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'd like to share something to try if you're like me and MUST mess with things to make them healthier:

Add a thawed box of frozen spinach to the mix ... and make 7 or 8 instead of 6. Of course you might have to adjust the liquid, depending on the wetness of the spinach. AND you might run into trouble rolling it. I make my batter thin so that they're poured into a non-stick pan like a crepe (then flipped), which works out well.

Adding grated zucchini instead of (or as well as) spinach is another option. Also works well with rice flour for anyone who is gluten intolerant.
  • katinachaos
    katinachaos Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    For later!
  • thinking_thinly
    thinking_thinly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'd like to share something to try if you're like me and MUST mess with things to make them healthier:

Add a thawed box of frozen spinach to the mix ... and make 7 or 8 instead of 6. Of course you might have to adjust the liquid, depending on the wetness of the spinach. AND you might run into trouble rolling it. I make my batter thin so that they're poured into a non-stick pan like a crepe (then flipped), which works out well.

Adding grated zucchini instead of (or as well as) spinach is another option. Also works well with rice flour for anyone who is gluten intolerant.

Great suggestions! I will have to pick up some frozen spinach now!
  • ffhsanfran
    ffhsanfran Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    great suggestions. it should be fun to get some kids into the dough kneading here.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • luann2013
    luann2013 Posts: 13
    Options
    bump sounds good
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • jakkisr
    jakkisr Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    These were great, thank you! I made them with spelt flour and topped them with a little olive oil and grated Parmesan tonight as an alternative to garlic bread ... Yummy!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sunshineanstars
    Options
    Bump
  • Cedarwren
    Cedarwren Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Save!
  • thinking_thinly
    Options
    These were great, thank you! I made them with spelt flour and topped them with a little olive oil and grated Parmesan tonight as an alternative to garlic bread ... Yummy!

ohhhh sounds great!
  • sunnysmile
    sunnysmile Posts: 1,192
    Options
    I just calculated the weight watchers points in case anyone is interested (as I use both sites) and its 2 points per (assuming the 6 flatbread servings). Can't wait to try, husband is very interested too, but have a question please:

When you put them in the oven do you put it on a baking sheet? Directly on the oven rack? Do you use the middle level rack? Do you turn them halfway? I know, I know, a lot of questions, but never made flatbread before!

Thanks in advance!
  • jakkisr
    jakkisr Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I divided the dough into 6 and rolled it out, it's quite wet so you have to put them on a baking sheet (floured, or onto baking parchment so they don't stick). I didn't need to turn them.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Yum! May use this for flatbread pizzas!
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
  • SusanCanBeThin
    SusanCanBeThin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Looks easy enough. My inner breadaholic is rejoicing at the very idea.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK, what volume are you using for "cup"?

250 ml
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    are these bready or pancakey?
  • thinking_thinly
    Options
    They are.... flatbread-y lol. It's more like thin pizza crust like.