Options
    bump!
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Bump !
  • jandthebops
    Options
    They freeze great too, just place a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper between each one so they don't stick together.
    Did you freeze the dough or the baked flatbreads?

I'm going to make these this weekend with a spicy chicken recipe I've also just seen.

Thanks!
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm trying this tonight, but I also wonder if you freeze the dough or the baked breads? Seems to me both are possible I just want to know which way would be better :)
  • MrsGraves1987
    MrsGraves1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • jakkisr
    jakkisr Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    personally, i would freeze them after cooking. The dough is quite wet - i think freezing would make them very very sticky.
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    personally, i would freeze them after cooking. The dough is quite wet - i think freezing would make them very very sticky.

Ok thanks :)
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm new to these message boards, so forgive this question: when you say you "bookmarked" something, do you just mean on your computer, or is there a feature on MFP to do it?
  • hopefloatsup
    hopefloatsup Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    For those using these at pizza crust, do you bake them first then add the toppings and re-bake or do you put the toppings on and bake the entire thing at once?
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lisaann7089
    Options
    Yum! This sounds great. Thanks!
  • ChrystalDutton
    ChrystalDutton Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bump! thanks!
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • nave002
    nave002 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Similar to the "Homemade Flour Tortilla' recipe I use:

2 Cups Flour
    1/2 tsp Salt
    1 Tbsp lard or butter
    3/4 Cup Hot water

Whisk flour, salt and baking powder together in a mixing bowl. Mix in lard [I use butter] with your fingers until flour resembles cornmeal. Add water and mix dough until it comes together. Place on lightly floured surface [I use a silicone mat and brush it lightly with butter - less messy] and knead until smooth and elastic.

Preheat skillet over med-high. Using rolling pin, well floured [once again, I run a little butter over it with my basting brush] and roll into a thin tortilla. Place in hot skillet and cook until bubbly and golden. Usually about 8 - 10 seconds on each side. Yield: 6

I love them... so easy and the dough rolls well; great consistency and texture... thinner the better in my opinion and so cheap!:happy:
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Going to try, would be lovely for lunch with spicy chicken, thanks x
  • thinking_thinly
    thinking_thinly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    They freeze great too, just place a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper between each one so they don't stick together.
    Did you freeze the dough or the baked flatbreads?

I'm going to make these this weekend with a spicy chicken recipe I've also just seen.

Thanks!

I froze the baked version, but I too think that freezing the dough should work.
  • thinking_thinly
    thinking_thinly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    For those using these at pizza crust, do you bake them first then add the toppings and re-bake or do you put the toppings on and bake the entire thing at once?

When I do mine, I bake the dough for 10 minutes, then put the toppings on, and broil until cheese is melted. However, that is just my method.
  • hopefloatsup
    hopefloatsup Posts: 207 Member
    Options

When I do mine, I bake the dough for 10 minutes, then put the toppings on, and broil until cheese is melted. However, that is just my method.

Thanks much! I was thinking that sounded like the best method, but thought I'd ask ;-)
  • JennChew2012
    Options
    mmm sounds good! I'm going to try this for pizzas this weekend!