Fast & Furious 6 Am I alone here?

Options
ryry_
ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
When I tell people at work I love the movies, I get weird blank stares.

IDK, saw the first one in high school, peeled out of the movie theater in my mom's van afterwards, and have loved them all ever since. Even tokyo drift which i did not see originally, went back and watched it and I loved that one too.

And every time I see the preview, i think to myself..."Fast five was over the top, six looks even more over the top..." and then I get a little giddy to see it. Just got done rewatching the first five to "prep".

Maybe it's the 14 year old in me. Any one agree?

Replies

• Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Love the movie... the hot actors are a big bonus.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I like em' enough to watch when they come to the redbox.

I don't see enough movies at the theater to justifying seeing them when they come out.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Being Asian and having a lot of my culture in the "rice burner" cult, I haven't had any interest in watching them since the first one. In the SF Bay Area, there's a lot of BS with guys that own cars like this taking freeways hostage, or thinking they have the same skills as the professional drivers in the movies. Could the movies be influencing them to drive like idiots? Maybe.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • FitnessCharl
    FitnessCharl Posts: 166
    Options
    I would rather rinse my eyeballs with acid than endure them movies
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I would rather rinse my eyeballs with acid than endure them movies

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I will probably catch it on DVD when that comes out just to witness how bad the acting is and laugh.

Some of it unintentionally hilarious.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    In for fast cars, and faster women. Wait. Hot cars. Hotter women?

And bad lines. Lots of bad lines. So bad it's epic.
  • ryry_
    Options
    I will probably catch it on DVD when that comes out just to witness how bad the acting is and laugh.

Some of it unintentionally hilarious.

I know...And thats the crazy thing...I still love it...I don't know why...
  • nekoxvampyx
    nekoxvampyx Posts: 163
    Options
    its boring already..okay the first movie was allright but now there is 6 of them!! and in all of them they do the same thing over and over again..its like come up with something new!
  • ryry_
    Options
    In for fast cars, and faster women. Wait. Hot cars. Hotter women?

And bad lines. Lots of bad lines. So bad it's epic.

IRL..More like Fast fines, furious women
  • ryry_
    Options
    its boring already..okay the first movie was allright but now there is 6 of them!! and in all of them they do the same thing over and over again..its like come up with something new!

I don't remember two souped up Mustangs pulling a safe and demolishing cars in the first four movies
  • TorrizzleWillSizzle
    TorrizzleWillSizzle Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I personally am not a fan of the movies but my husband won't stop talking about them. Im pretty sure he gets.... happy... everytime he sees a fast muscle car lol
  • ryry_
    Options
    Being Asian and having a lot of my culture in the "rice burner" cult, I haven't had any interest in watching them since the first one. In the SF Bay Area, there's a lot of BS with guys that own cars like this taking freeways hostage, or thinking they have the same skills as the professional drivers in the movies. Could the movies be influencing them to drive like idiots? Maybe.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Probably...In high school after the first movie came out in, street racing became a thing that Sheriffs office had to watch out for.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I didn't know they made that many...I saw the first one...meh...entertainment I suppose, but...meh, not really my thing.
  • macjenkins
    macjenkins Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Loved all the Fast movies and 6 looks like a total eye orgasm. Bad a** cars and hotties driving them. Oh yeah, oh yeah! We'll see it this weekend for sure. And the hubs won't even mind that I pretend he's Dom afterwards ;)
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Maybe im crazy but I don't think paul walker is actually that bad of an actor, ok he won't be winning any oscars any time soon but I'm surprised he can't get any other roles.

Vin Deisel however is like me doing a bad sylvester stallone impression after I have been drinking and the guys don't even bother trying to act.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    YOU STAND ALONE.............................
  • TLow97
    TLow97 Posts: 55
    Options
    All I can think of is Scorcher 6...
  • ryry_
    Options
    Maybe im crazy but I don't think paul walker is actually that bad of an actor, ok he won't be winning any oscars any time soon but I'm surprised he can't get any other roles.

Vin Deisel however is like me doing a bad sylvester stallone impression after I have been drinking and the guys don't even bother trying to act.

Agreed...Have you seen him in running scared?
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

I see you havne't watched any of them. They are very much unalike.