Black Team- A Team of Champions!

Options

Replies

• familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    hey there....Oatmeal cake, lets just say oooommmgggg!!

Thats all...

Baseball game lost again so biggie my baby pitched pretty good although he is not a pitcher he is a catcher a third base man first baseman and second basebman..Game over 730 I was like yeah I am so sleepy,

Met up with some friends and they were like lets go to mexician, I told my husband its already 730 he said we never socialize anymore I said ok I would go and try my hardest not to eat anything. I didnt eat one chips my friends, so I am pretty stoked about that, got home around ten..which is late..I am not a night owl..

Up at 330 eating my french toast and coffee, it is so yummy I know I am a broken record.

Next gonna make my lunch do the dishes and head out to work out..Work until 2 then head to the gym and get my last minute workout in...Usually I do a 6 mile run for my last minute workout, but we dont have practice tonight so will get it in in the gym..

Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Lori-- don't feel so bad. I never showered after my run this morning, either. I've been going nonstop today. Just had a killer workout with the weights, too-- ugh.

I usually neglect a shower after my long runs on Sat. DH thinks I'm crazy but it's my slack off day (unless we go out Sat night:wink: )

Also had a terrible eating day yesterday. Chocolate, cookies, ice cream...anything that got in my way... Whew! Thank God that is over. Like Rafiki says! It's in the past!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykbx-yzFgBo

Good run this morning. Zumba tonight! Good eating choices. jealous of Tamara's attitude! Jumping on the band Wagon!
    :heart: to all!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,757 Member
    Options
    I have entered into my 'I have things on my mind and things to do and once I'm awake forget it' phase. Up at 4:30 today. I spent yesterday starting to get the house extra cleaned up for my sister's arrival on Saturday. I still have a million things I want/need to do. I need to figure out groceries and get food. Today is the last day of school for the kids, I was thinking about doing something fun with them after school, not sure. They will probably be happy to come home and do nothing.

I realized last night that I still have pictures of my sister and her ex husband around the house. Since she's coming here with the man she's now seeing, that may be inappropriate, huh? That was one of the thoughts going through my head at 4:30 AM. The other, sad as is it, is that I got a 30% off Kohl's coupon yesterday and I want to use it! LOL I was trying to figure out when I can get to Kohl's.

A few of the kids need some shorts and 30% is a good deal. See! I'm not always thinking about myself when shopping is on the brain! :wink: Kids and clothes, neverending process around here. The 2 older boys wear pretty much the same size although they are built totally different. The oldest is a PITA with clothes. He's very plain and boring and will have 2 things that look the same (to me) and one will get worn and the other won't. Yesterday morning Nathan felt the need to steal his brother's shorts from the laundry room to wear to school. Ian knew his shorts were in there because he folded them the night before and couldnt' find them..... probably cause they were on N's *kitten*! N tried to tell me I ONLY bought him 3 pair of new shorts this year and that none of them were anywhere in this house. I found 2 pair (clean) in the laundry room and 2 pair in his closet. I wanted to pop him. It's amazing what you find when you open your eyes. Needless to say, I made him give the shorts back and proceeeded to have a 'discussion' with an almost 15 year old about just taking stuff that didn't belong to you and how that is wrong. Didn't I teach that years ago?

Anyway, I'm sure our situation is easy compared to the Brown household. I can't even imagine how you deal with clothes, laundry and the logistics of getting every body back what is theres. I mess up and can't figure out what goes to who and there are only 4 of them! Jordan is the only girl and that seems easy enough, however, the bigger she's gotten and the smaller I've gotten, the boys get some of stuff confused now- which is sort of cool in a way. Over xmas my dad was folding laundry when we were visiting and asked me if a shirt was Jordan's and it was mine. Kinda makes me feel good cause there's not much to that girl!

Alrighty, almost time to wake up Alex. I was almost debating not going to the gym so I can get stuff done around here when I remembered that I need to make time for me. The house isn't going anywhere. The dirt will be here later and furthermore, the second my sister and her crew hit the door, it won't matter! Not to mention, 4 extra people in the house all week long, it will be a nightmare very shortly again!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Lori-- don't feel so bad. I never showered after my run this morning, either. I've been going nonstop today. Just had a killer workout with the weights, too-- ugh.

I usually neglect a shower after my long runs on Sat. DH thinks I'm crazy but it's my slack off day (unless we go out Sat night:wink: )

Also had a terrible eating day yesterday. Chocolate, cookies, ice cream...anything that got in my way... Whew! Thank God that is over. Like Rafiki says! It's in the past!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykbx-yzFgBo

Good run this morning. Zumba tonight! Good eating choices. jealous of Tamara's attitude! Jumping on the band Wagon!
    :heart: to all!

You can either run from it, or learn from it! Love Rafiki!!
  • Marla64
    Options

Anyway, I'm sure our situation is easy compared to the Brown household. I can't even imagine how you deal with clothes, laundry and the logistics of getting every body back what is theres. I mess up and can't figure out what goes to who and there are only 4 of them! Jordan is the only girl and that seems easy enough, however, the bigger she's gotten and the smaller I've gotten, the boys get some of stuff confused now- which is sort of cool in a way. Over xmas my dad was folding laundry when we were visiting and asked me if a shirt was Jordan's and it was mine. Kinda makes me feel good cause there's not much to that girl!

I'm loving that my clothes get confused with the girls', too-- they never used to have ANY confusion who Ralph Kramden's pants belonged to. However, I try and do my laundry totally separately from theirs, 'cause once anything goes into the abyss that is my children's rooms, {{{shudder}}}

David, my eldest, was a stinker about sharing clothes. He'd throw a hissy fit if something of his turned up on Aaron-- who, although a very giving person usually, adopted the tone back to David-- it was hell while David was here. Sarah and Faith, my teen girls are absolutely lovely about sharing with each other, however Faith is about 3 sizes bigger than Sarah. So the sharing is usually nothing more than Faith trying to squeeze occasionally into something nice Sarah has.

Rebekah and Hope are positively witchy towards each other about it-- and are in trouble repeatedly. I swear, the words, "Ladies, people are more important than things-- SHARE WITH YOUR SISTER," should be carved on my tombstone. Those middle two girls truly are nightmares these days. I even tried the "Parent Trap" punishment.... "you'll do everything together, sleep together, eat together, you'll find a way to get along with each other or you'll punish yourself FAR better than I ever could." For a week they were told they had to be attached at the hip. Didn't work. Sighhhhh--

Anyway-- family dynamics gotta love it.

I'm hoping to have a houseguest next week, too, but not sure if it's gonna work out. My former sister-in-law, who finally divorced my totally evil, abusive brother may be coming for a couple days. Haven't seen her since 2001. However, he's supposed to have their kids next week, and forgot that he has to provide daycare for them while he works-- so, she may not be able to come-- he's such an *kitten*. He's one of the people in your life that you truly hope God will punish quickly, and severely. Grrrrr.

Oh well-- need to get to work-- yapping time over-- hope everyone has a great day.

Awfully quiet around here again-- hmmmmmmm--

Later.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    you all are so funny :laugh:

I remember doing laundry and putting Kels pants in my pile. They were on the kitchen table and Ernies said "Ooops, I think those are Kelly's!"

I looked at him sideways and said "Hand them to me" he said he thought I better leave well enough alone, and that she would freak out if we were the same size!!

I slipped those babies on and they were too BIG! WOOT WOOT!!

Things like that are what spurred me on to losing 35 pounds. Kelly later told me they were her baggy jeans, no worries.

But now we are the exact same weight and she borrowed my work clothes for an interview.:drinker:
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Marla- I was actually thinking that ya'll had been chatty since I logged on this morning and posted...

Great workout in 5.6 miles on machine and 2.6 mile run on treadmil...and weights for a total of 863 calories burned and I am riunning with a friend after work whoe needs some motivation..we are gonna run 6 miles and then that will be my kast minute workout and weigh in in the morning. I am in such a freaking good mood...I will make awesome money.

As I was walking out of the gym this morning a guy who I have never seen before walked up to me and asked me how much weight have you lost? I said me, he said yes you. I said 136 pounds, he said wow thats awesome, have a good day..

That my friend make me feel good..Welp off to do my make up and off to work,

have a awesome day my friends..Love to all!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    000200DA.gif

Y'all make me feel normal!
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    Have just done 27 mins on the bike and unfortunately won't get to the shower for another 5 hours :laugh: :laugh: , as I am going out with hubby and my best mate this evening for a bite to eat, and as so far today I have picked and eaten what I shouldn't of I am putting in extra workouts to make up for it :laugh: :laugh:

I don't have any girls to gets the clothes confused with, but I have enough fun trying to sort out the boys :wink: , and I don't think Samuel would be too impressed if I tried to borrow his clothes :tongue:

I have 3 out of the 4 children in the house asleep, and the wide awake one (my John) is pretending to swim on the laminate floor - noisily. So have to keep reminding him that the others are asleep and that he can play but needs to be a little quiet. I think I am going to try to have a cuddle on the sofa with him, while the green eyed monster is asleep (Christopher :laugh: ).

Have a great day all, ladies you certainly make me smile - thanks
  • Marla64
    Options
    My husband, Mr. Surly, who thinks facebook and all social media is a colossal waste of a person's time, is now getting friend requests daily from old school chums. He's like a kid in a candy store-- it is to laugh!

I tell you, the man has changed sooooooooo much since shaving his beard. Truly, he wore it as a barrier to keep people out, keep people from hurting him-- he's so warm and fuzzy-- go freaking figure.

Oh well-- more typing to do-- way behind the 8ball today.

Later.
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Have just done 27 mins on the bike and unfortunately won't get to the shower for another 5 hours :laugh: :laugh: , as I am going out with hubby and my best mate this evening for a bite to eat, and as so far today I have picked and eaten what I shouldn't of I am putting in extra workouts to make up for it :laugh: :laugh:

I don't have any girls to gets the clothes confused with, but I have enough fun trying to sort out the boys :wink: , and I don't think Samuel would be too impressed if I tried to borrow his clothes :tongue:

I have 3 out of the 4 children in the house asleep, and the wide awake one (my John) is pretending to swim on the laminate floor - noisily. So have to keep reminding him that the others are asleep and that he can play but needs to be a little quiet. I think I am going to try to have a cuddle on the sofa with him, while the green eyed monster is asleep (Christopher :laugh: ).

Have a great day all, ladies you certainly make me smile - thanks

Tanya - Your house must be a hoot!
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    Donna - my house is usually in utter chaos and can be at times really entertaining - but at the moment all I seem to get from my boys is their type of cat fighting and it is really grating on my nerves :devil:

Marla - my hubby was exactly the same about facebook but now he's on it more than me :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Donna - my house is usually in utter chaos and can be at times really entertaining - but at the moment all I seem to get from my boys is their type of cat fighting and it is really grating on my nerves :devil:

Marla - my hubby was exactly the same about facebook but now he's on it more than me :laugh:

Tanya, I'm ready to skin my kids alive. I'm surprised you all didn't hear me from there today-- I blasted the little beasts. Sniping at each other all day long. I told 'em I'd really LOVE to just ENJOY them this month while Daddy's gone, but they really need to just cut the crap.

Got the natural peanut butter today-- eating has been pretty good. Kids made egg salad, which is so hard for me to avoid. But, I've measured what I've eaten-- I think I need to stay away from it today, though-- just to be safe.

Found out today that my sister-in-law won't be visiting next week, but tomorrow, Lord willing, she'll be buying plane tickets for the first week in July-- my goodness, my friends, if I could sit you all down and cry over coffee with me about what this woman's life has been like married to my brother-- yeesh-- and what he's put all our family through--

Soooo happy that she and I were able to FINALLY forge a relationship now that he's out of the picture.

Anyway-- off to be mama again-- later.
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    hey black team!

i'm still trying to get myself back on track with logging and exercise. the school bus just won't let me get to the Y in the morning, and we've had a lot of rainy days lately keeping us in the house. yesterday was nice weather-wise, but my MIL was on the way to visit, so i spent the day going crazy cleaning the house.(i'm sure that burned at least a few calories). had an ultrasound on monday, and this little guy was so squirmy the tech was having a lot of trouble getting the pictures she needed. i was on the table for an hour and a half! i didn't mind much, though, aside from getting a stiff neck from staring at the screen for so long. i just love seeing what he's up to in there. i had a dr. appointment today, and she got on my case about the exercise. i haven't gained too much (only 10 for the whole pregnancy so far), but she wasn't letting me give any excuses. so i guess i gotta get my butt back to the Y, start doing some walking, or get a better prenatal workout video. i saw one that looks good on netflix, now i just have to send the other stuff back. time to get ready to get aiden from the bus stop and wake up my munchkin sleeping on the couch. have a great day, everyone! :heart:
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Now ya'll are being quiet..

No kids again tonight..yippee..My friends love me!! They are keeping both of my kids again for the second night in a row...I have a service call to go on with my honey at 6 pm so I guess I better head to the gym right now to get my last minute workout in, hope everyone has a great evening and I will let you know about my weigh in in the morning. I hope its alright, I have a feeling I am good, but never know, if I gain its not because I ate bad, its other reason..Swelling my muscle from working out, tom coming, but who knows we will see..

BBYBYYEEE ya'll
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Hey black team-

Qucik check in to let you know that I am still on the wagon as they say. Work is running me ragged this week but I am staying withing my calories so at least I am winning the battle. I'll try to read and get caught up later. Keep up the good work guys.

P.S. Kati
    Glad the knee is feeling better.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey Team-

Just popping in to say hi. Having a mandatory rest day, as I donated blood this morning and am fairly exhausted. Not normally this tired afterwards, so I'm not sure what I did differently...but I'm resting and drinking lots of fluids to get my energy back up.

Be well, my friends--
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hey Team-

Just popping in to say hi. Having a mandatory rest day, as I donated blood this morning and am fairly exhausted. Not normally this tired afterwards, so I'm not sure what I did differently...but I'm resting and drinking lots of fluids to get my energy back up.

Be well, my friends--

Hope everything's okay, Shuntae-- you're not yourself. Hope it's just engagement excitement-- don't make me worry, now!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,757 Member
    Options
    Hey gang, popping in while I sit to eat my dinner. Been busy all day. Caught up on the chatter from earlier in the day.

I realized while out on my run this AM that I was insane for waiting to take the kids to Kohls with me. That coupon arrived yesterday, just in time for my last day of freedom, translation- school. So I got in a 30 minute cardio workout, took them to school, waved goodbye and off I went. After that I went for groceries, so thankfully that job is done. I sort of planned to do it tomorrow when I take Ian to his eye appointment, but I'm better off going alone. I can't think what I need when people are talking to me.

I have been having a hard time motivating myself to clean. I clean a little here, a little there, never really finishing a whole room. The floors- well, I can do them now, but I'll be doing them again before she gets here anyway, so I'm holding out til tomorrow I think. Since I dealt with food today, it opens up some time I wasn't expecting to have tomorrow. I am trying to tackle bathrooms, boy do I hate them! I figure if everything is cleaned up and dusted, floors will be cake.

I have got to, got to, got to workout next week. I will not use company visiting as an excuse. I will get up early and go to the gym, but I am going. That's not rude is it? I won't spend hours in the middle of the day there, but I really dont' plan on skipping. I probably won't do my classes because I will try and get done relatively early. I always enjoy hanging out with my sister early in the morning when it's quiet and we can sit and chat, but I also have to think of me and what I need to do for myself. I have goals to meet!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hey gang, popping in while I sit to eat my dinner. Been busy all day. Caught up on the chatter from earlier in the day.

I realized while out on my run this AM that I was insane for waiting to take the kids to Kohls with me. That coupon arrived yesterday, just in time for my last day of freedom, translation- school. So I got in a 30 minute cardio workout, took them to school, waved goodbye and off I went. After that I went for groceries, so thankfully that job is done. I sort of planned to do it tomorrow when I take Ian to his eye appointment, but I'm better off going alone. I can't think what I need when people are talking to me.

I have been having a hard time motivating myself to clean. I clean a little here, a little there, never really finishing a whole room. The floors- well, I can do them now, but I'll be doing them again before she gets here anyway, so I'm holding out til tomorrow I think. Since I dealt with food today, it opens up some time I wasn't expecting to have tomorrow. I am trying to tackle bathrooms, boy do I hate them! I figure if everything is cleaned up and dusted, floors will be cake.

I have got to, got to, got to workout next week. I will not use company visiting as an excuse. I will get up early and go to the gym, but I am going. That's not rude is it? I won't spend hours in the middle of the day there, but I really dont' plan on skipping. I probably won't do my classes because I will try and get done relatively early. I always enjoy hanging out with my sister early in the morning when it's quiet and we can sit and chat, but I also have to think of me and what I need to do for myself. I have goals to meet!

Absolutely go workout!!! You know how easily things slip back into COMPLACENCY. You can still be hostess with the mostest and take care of your health-- which, remember, this is about. Looking good is a fringe benefit-- this is our health we're talking about.

I plan on doing the same when my sister-in-law visits. She just took off 40 pounds and works out faithfully, so I know she'll understand. (how ironic that she had to lose weight-- she was a total string bean, and was teased mercilessly in school as a teen for being sooooo skinny. Think the lady endured a little stress in her marriage??)