Black Team- A Team of Champions!

Options

Replies

• zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Ya know, so did I-- growing up watching General Hospital-- seeing Bobbi Spencer in her uniform flirting with Dr. Jeff Webber, and Dr. Noah Drake-- whoa, yeah, that's for me, I thought-- told my parents I wanted to be a nurse.

Marla~ you know their sons are now Dr's on the show!! and WOOT WOOT they are nice to look at!!

man we are old..eh em...I will speak for myself. I haven't watch GH since college when we all gathered in the student center to watch Luke and Laura's wedding on TV!!! OMG!!!:laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Ya know, so did I-- growing up watching General Hospital-- seeing Bobbi Spencer in her uniform flirting with Dr. Jeff Webber, and Dr. Noah Drake-- whoa, yeah, that's for me, I thought-- told my parents I wanted to be a nurse.

Marla~ you know their sons are now Dr's on the show!! and WOOT WOOT they are nice to look at!!

man we are old..eh em...I will speak for myself. I haven't watch GH since college when we all gathered in the student center to watch Luke and Laura's wedding on TV!!! OMG!!!:laugh:

Me, too--
  • Marla64
    Options
    OHHHHHHHH!!!!

Forgot to tell you-- has anybody seen that the new season of the Next Food Network Star is beginning on the Food Network I believe this coming Sunday.

Wellllllll-- I transcribed tons of stuff for them.

And I KNOW WHO WINS-- nanny, nanny, nanny!!!!!

I can't tell you, obviously-- confidentiality agreement and all that jazz. But, I transcribed a final interview from one of the contestants today and learned who won-- how cool is that.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Jeannie-What a proud moment for you ! I have to ask, what are you doing in that picture? LOL

I AM not going to do a mile swim 4 days a week. Not enough time but I AM going to do 1/2 mile.

Wiping tears off of my chin............you can see the tear beneath my eye!

Good ol DH snapped the dang shot.........Marla mentioned mushbaby...........it all worked out LOL
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

:laugh: We all took the day off and left the meek girl to work lunch by herself :blushing:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,757 Member
    Options
    I've been reading and keeping up off and on all day my friends, not a lot of time to post but I'm here!

Before my shower I dropped a full 20 some ounce hard platic water bottle, it landed on my toe with the pointed flippy top thing, took out a hunk of skin and the toe turned bright red and pains shot through it when I tried to bend it. The first thought to go through my head...no joke.... OMG, what if I can't workout? No kidding. Who knew my brain would think that? I'm so proud of it! :tongue:

The toe is ok now. Whew! Crisis averted!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Day two in the bag--

confetti.gif

:wink:

Nite-nite!
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

Quarenteen (? spelling) alert in my house - Thomas has an allergy rash (which didn't luckily stop him going away), Samuel is off school with an upset tum and last night John was vomiting everywhere - the bathroom was yucky. Now waiting for little Christopher to get something :grumble:

Am trying to cut some of the carbs out of my diet, so have had a boiled egg with 2 slices of ham for breakfast. This way I can dunk the ham and not miss the bread so much :huh: . Lets see how the rest of the day can go, what can I have with liver and bacon instead of mashed potato???

oh well better go and get the house ready, extra children incoming and dh has offered to take the only little one that needs to go to school today there for me, so that little John can stay in bed.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Just have a minute gotta scoot..

Great work out yesterday 1302 calories burned altogther I think I ate right at 1900, which is great for me, super proud of myself felt like I was eating all day..oh yeah I was had a bunch to eat..

Spent the rest of the day cleaning, bills, business bills., etc etc etc..laundry dishes cooking, caught up on bachlorette. Why is it I get up this morning at 330 am and think boy the house looks really good I am stoked today I get to sleep after working out and behold I walk into the livingroom admiring how pretty the new tv looks on the wall and no mess, since the mess has been there since saturaday and I see a pair of socks in the middle of the floor...are yo fricking kidding me and a bag of mrashmellows next to his recliner..I am gonna shoot him...I asked him yesterday how come you cant be productive like I am when you are off, like I do when I am off..>He just smiled at me and went out to work...

I am leaving his socks there and when he wakes up i am gonna make him go get them.. I will give him credit where credit is due, he did get DD bed clothes outta the dryer and make her bed so she could sleep in it, which I am totally suprised about..

Well everyone , hope everyone has a great weigh in or getta go workout in, I think I am gonna do spin class this morning..whoot whoot, then my weights so hope everyone has a great day!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Tanya-- what about cauliflower? It's white like mashed potatoes, anyway!

Tamara-- good luck with the socks. And with getting him to be productive-- tell me how that works out. :wink:

Well, had a decent 2 mile run this morning, which is all my schedule called for. However, I set out to do 4 since I only managed 2 yesterday. So, in that vein, not so good. Left the house at 7am, overcast skies so there was no sun factor. But, I hit the two mile mark and felt like I ran into a brick wall. Couldn't take another step.

Think there may be some medication timing issues-- I'd begun taking my blood pressure stuff at night, following my runs, because if I took it during the day it was too much in my system during my evening runs and made me very weak-- sorta like today. I never adjusted the time I take the stuff even though I changed the timing of my run. So, we'll try that for tomorrow-- sheesh. You'd a thunk I've never run before!

Goal number whatever, 9? 10? is to wean myself off of this medicine this month. I've already begun. I'm presently prescribed 50 mg and for this next week I'm taking 37.5, will go to 25 for a week, 12.5 for a week and then every other day for a week until it's out of my system. Doctor agrees that I may have just shocked my system by going cold turkey.

Once I'm off, I can just go back to using it for PMS bloating, on an "as needed" basis like I'd done for years.

Waiting to hear from my bosses about the file from hell they sent me last night. Two Indians (like from India, Indians, not American Indians) with heavy accents-- can't understand half of what they're saying. I typed five pages per company protocol last night, and have my fingers crossed that they'll pull it from me and that I won't have to finish this crap. I'll never understand why my company can't screen these files for better quality-- :noway:

Anyway-- blessings be yours this day, my friends--
  • 72lori
    Options
    I am insanely happy that my ticker moved! It's not at 153 anymore... and truth be told, it was higher for quite some time, not a bunch higher, but higher. I am shooting for that little green flower to be covering my dog's nose by the end of summer......
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I promise I will be back to read posts and get caught up:flowerforyou:

Ive been back on track with eating and doing more exercise...just been getting my exercise lately in the form of tennis:tongue: I love playing tennis! Monday was the first day this year that Ive gotten to play and boy my arm is still sore!!:laugh: Oh well, back out there today!:smile::wink:

Later folks:smile:

P.S. Happy belated birthday Marla!:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Ok so have to take credit away from husband I told my daughter to go get her blankets outta the dryer so we could put the rest of the blankets on her bed and she said momma we already made my bed, I said we need to put the rest of the blankets on the bed..I asked her who helped you put your sheets on your bed last night she said bubba did..So yeah I should have known better...

Well making a homemade oatmeal cake with homemade coconut icing for the family I hope they enjoy it..

Now fixin to wash my sons baseball uniform as we have a game tonight..

I got my eyebrows waxed and pedicure today, I am refreshed as soon as this cake is done I am eating lunch and taking a nap..you heard me right a nap!!
  • 72lori
    Options
    I have to share with my friends here how fabulous I feel. 2 weeks of watching what I eat. 2 weeks of no sweets. 2 weeks of hitting exercise hard.

Those 2 weeks allowed the scale to go down 7.2 pounds, my body fat % to go down 1.8%. I can tell a huge difference in my belly bulge AND it's even TOM- started Monday.

I'm not starving myself. I'm eating, close to 1800 if not 1800 daily- my food diary is wide open for all to see. I'm eating every 3 hours. I'm eating healthy, I'm eating clean.

I was like a kid in a candy store when I stepped on the scale this morning! It's wonderful to feel proud of yourself.

What can you accomplish in the next 2 weeks if you really put your mind to it??????????
  • Marla64
    Options
    I have to share with my friends here how fabulous I feel. 2 weeks of watching what I eat. 2 weeks of no sweets. 2 weeks of hitting exercise hard.

Those 2 weeks allowed the scale to go down 7.2 pounds, my body fat % to go down 1.8%. I can tell a huge difference in my belly bulge AND it's even TOM- started Monday.

I'm not starving myself. I'm eating, close to 1800 if not 1800 daily- my food diary is wide open for all to see. I'm eating every 3 hours. I'm eating healthy, I'm eating clean.

I was like a kid in a candy store when I stepped on the scale this morning! It's wonderful to feel proud of yourself.

What can you accomplish in the next 2 weeks if you really put your mind to it??????????

Woooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Great job, Lori!!!!!!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,932 Member
    Options
    Got up and ran this morning. Knee felt great. Wore DH's knee brace and did an 11 minute mile vs. the 14 or 15 from the other day. Woo Hoo.

Emerson has huge, white patches on her tonsils. Almost looks like she has growths coming off of them. Took her to the walk in doctor this morning. He took a look at her throat and figured it was a "positive strep" gimme. Well, the rapid test was negative. Now we wait for the 24 hour culture to come back. Sigh....I was sure hoping she'd be on some antibiotic by this time so that by tomorrow she would be feeling better.
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    hey everyone checking in, hopefully heading to a baseball game but it is thunder and lightening..so probably not..

Make my husband an oatmeal cake with homemade coconut icing, i wished he would cut it already, I would like a tiny bite..

I am ready to go to work tomorrow, we hopefully will be busy due to cma fest and bonneroo, which is about 45 miles away..Keep my fingers crossed..

Goodbye,
  • 72lori
    Options
    Ever have a flipping hungry day? That is today! I've already eaten 2000 good for me calories, but truly, I'm still hungry. Guess there are days like that! I ate a banana with PB on it a few minutes ago, I suppose I should let it hit my stomach before I add something else. :ohwell:

I worked out hard today and have been working hard getting the house cleaned up for my sister's visit, she gets here on Saturday and will be here a week. Funny how when you have guests coming to stay the stuff that has been sitting around for months suddenly needs taken care of, huh? I do usually keep the houe straightened up, but the sewing machine has ben sitting in the corner of my bedroom forever and suddenly I NEED to take care of it... stuff like that.

I hate to say it, but I never showered after the gym, put on clean, dry clothes, dyed my grey roots and got on with my day. I"m so tired right now I don't have the energy, HOWEVER, it's not a choice to skip it. :noway: Some days it's not worth bothering with a shower. As soon as I start working on other stuff, I'm once again sweaty, I'm sure my skin loves me for wearing around crud all day. :laugh:

I finally broke down and bought a new iPod shuffle. Mine was having serious issues and my music is really big for me when I'm working out, especially running. I was happy the price of the new ones was down to $55. I still didn't want to spend the money, but it had to be done. Music is sooooo necessary. Speaking of.... guess I need to put some on it or tomorrow morning my butt will not be running!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Lori-- don't feel so bad. I never showered after my run this morning, either. I've been going nonstop today. Just had a killer workout with the weights, too-- ugh.

We bought a refurbished computer on eBay that didn't work upon receipt. So I had to box it up and ship it back, pick up kids here, take them there, plus my company threw a curveball and wanted an assignment completed that I'd hoped and prayed wouldn't need to be done-- dreadful accents, SOOOOOOOO hard to transcribe. But, they wanted it after all. Totally screwed up my day-- grrr.

But, it's over-- on to typing. Trying to see what I can get done tonight to see about the run tomorrow morning-- have to get sleep into the equation somehow--

2,000 calories eaten here, too, with exercise calories-- we'll see how this zigzag thing goes-- tomorrow it calls for under 1400-- interesting.

Later, cats!
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

Was trying to cut down on the carbs yesterday, and then fell for cheese on toast at lunch time :huh: . The liver and bacon didn't happen, hubby got stuck at work so I used the bacon to make a pretty nice salad for me instead. Routine is all out of wack today, Thomas got home at 11pm last night and the school want them to attend today, so trying to figure out how long I can let him sleep in before we have to leave for school :grumble:

Oh well, will try to pop back later. Hopefully Thomas won't be too hard work today :huh: