Black Team- A Team of Champions!

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hello golf fans--

Just a quick howdy doody-- we're back, about 18 holes quicker than we'd hoped. While it was a simply breathtaking, beautiful day on the course, my beloved son played some butt ugly golf, bless his heart, and did not advance to the afternoon round.

I mean, wow, did he play bad! I mean, like, Whoa, did he play bad! I mean, like, oh em gee, did this child play bad! I felt terrible for him, because he played well in yesterday's practice round and has a good game. But, the lad chokes under pressure. And, hoo-doggie, did he play bad. (are you getting me?)

Got some nice walking in, and Hightstown had a lovely pizzeria-- we had pizza for dinner and lunch, because it was REAL Italian pizza......not the Domino's or Pizza Hut fast food pizza fake crapola.

Way tired...got my kids' cold, and headache. Yuk.

Need to scoot--

Lori-- blech about the oil. Unbelievable.

Tamara-- way to go on the potluck. Nice to be reminded that we're new creatures, sometimes-- I felt that way today walking out of the Dunkin' Donuts again with just black coffee in hand. I had a major sweet tooth, too, but denied it. Wooooot!

Andrew-- good to see you, dear.

Tanya-- great walks, chum. You're doing great.

Love to all-- gotta fly.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Soooooooo-- just when you think MAYBE somebody's starting to figure things out, getting some things through their thick skull, they remind you they're still a little putz in needed of a good *kitten* whuppin'.

My son called me yesterday while I was away with Aaron, asking if he could please use the computer. He needs to find work, trying to figure out his college bills, blah, blah, blah-- so, of course, I agree.

He ends up doing what he needed to do, and then spending an hour going places on the computer where, uh, he should not be, especially on his mother's computer, in his mother's bedroom-- you're all getting my drift, yes?

Unreal.

Told him that I believed him the other day when he told me he had no respect for anything, and that he didn't need to go out of his way to prove it by surfing on over to the bad stuff on his mother's computer. I thanked him for reminding me that I am a fool for extending such courtesies to him, and that he can use the public library from now on.

He apologized, for what it's worth-- I shared a lovely bit of scripture......"Godly sorrow leads to repentance." Told him, as I have from childhood, when he's truly sorry, godly sorry, he'll stop, and change his ways.

:noway: :noway: :noway: unreal.

Later.
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Oh Marla - Glad you enjoyed your day in Hightstown Sorry to hear Aaron didn't do so well. Are you a natural golfer? Where is all the talent in this family? Where is Sarah playing now? Sorry about older son....man they never learn...you are a good momma

Need to get focused Black team! I'm going back to WW next week! While I do feel accountable to all of you, I need to physically go in to report. They are having an AT Works meeting. Pay for 10 weeks. I am a lifer so it was $110.00. Hoping I can report in to you all with any tips to help us. Not that this group needs it. Hopefully I can give some inspiration/motivation to some of you as you have given to me over these past 6 months.

I did run this morning and then Zumba tonight. Feel pretty good right now.

Putz daughter called from Wildwood to report she got a parking ticket! Great start to the summer! Excuuuussseee me. Yellow line means NOOOOOO parking!....it begins!
    :heart: to all
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hey Donna-- do what you need to do. If WW works, go for it, woman! Truly, if I'd had the money I probably would've done that way back when instead of being forced to find the free solution-- namely MFP.

However, my husband forbade me years ago from spending one more dime on fitness because no matter what I did, what I bought, I never stuck to it-- I had a fitness graveyard of everything from thighmasters to aerobic steps, and every fitness video and fad diet that came down the pike.

Thank God I found MFP and proved myself so now the money restriction has been lifted-- ha-- but, now with the exception of a race entry fee now and then, I don't need to spend the money. Go figure.

Get yourself back on track, woman--

Edited-- forgot to answer your question-- no, not a natural golfer, but naturally athletic. I was a tomboy, raised with 3 older brothers. Today I'm just an old spaz, but "in my day" I was very athletic. The golf teaching comes from hubs)
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Donna.........good for you I have always wondered what the ww is all about so do share those tips with us....
    Marla............change comes slowly ..........you are wise and patient, one of these days your sons inner light is going to shine in it's own time. you are a great Mom thanks for sharing.

..I hope everyone has a happy Friday!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    My sister is leaving tomorrow. A week of trying to eat 5 meals while on the beach, boats, waterparks, etc is coming to an end. I'm sad to see her visit end. Not so sad to get back to my routine. I thrive on a routine!

Plus today I ran out of cooked chicken breast and didn't have the greatest stuff to take with me, ended up eating some kraft cheddar cheese I cut up for the kids and realized when I got home and logged it that there was 20 flipping grams of fat in the tiny amount I ate! Holy cow! I knew it was bad, but not THAT bad. Needless to say... I went over my fat allotment for the day.

What's done is done and no sense in kicking myself for it... but seriously, if I was gonna eat 20 grams of fat in one 'something' I really wish I would have had a piece of cheesecake! LOl

Tomorrow. Get the travelers on the road, fasted cardio, breakfast, gym, after workout meal..... ahhhh, the sweet smell of routine.
  • 72lori
    Options
    I'm back fo a quick second. I know I can share this with all of you becasue you will 'get it'. You will understand. I've shared horrid bathing suit pictures of me in the past, I have years and years worth of them. When my sister is around, I suddenly have pictures of myself, otherwise, I am usually the one behind the camera. Truly, while my bathing suit is not my clothing of choice, for the first time in my adult life, I have looked at pictures of me- in a bathing suit and not cringed, not wanted to delete the picture, not wanted to cry.

That feels so freaking amazing! So amazing it's hard to put in words. It's funny too because not only can I accept what I see in those pictures, the first thing I think is that I want to share it with all of you. So many of you have been part of my journey, the ups and the downs, the good and the bad.

This my friends is WHY we are doing what we are doing. This is WHY we work hard. This is WHY we support one another.

For those of you who haven't witnessed the horror of the past.... the pics on the left are me when I was most likely in the 190's to 200 range, which was for a LONG time... the ones on the right this week at the waterpark.
    Waterpark.jpg

These were taken today....
    DSC_0580.jpg
    This one almost makes me giddy that I can see some muscle in my back.
    DSC_0585.jpg

Thank all of you for being part of me being ok with what I see. Imagine....... Who would have EVER thought?
  • Marla64
    Options
    Lori..... You are beautiful. I love the picture of you standing in the black suit. Looks like a picture from a swimsuit catalog!!

So amazing. So wonderful!!! '

Congratulations, my friend.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Lori you look stunning...I guess we all need to take pictures of ourselves to remind us where we have been...

I gained 4 oz this week..Not gonna worry about it, Tom should be somewhere around the corner and yesterday I felt really crampy, so maybe thats it, dont know just dont like it thats for sure..But its just 4 oz..Off to eat my french toast then the gym!!

Ya'll have agreat day!!
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Morning all, have done 2 walks so far this morning and i am now having a little cuddle time with the kids.

Lori - you look really good.

Marla - sorry to hear about Aaron, and David.

Donna - good luck with the weight watchers, and any tips are always welcome

Richie - how did the biopsy go?

To everyone else, happy friday morning
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Lori- Glad you had a great time with your sister. The pictures are truly amazing. I cannot believe that picture before is you!

off for my morning run...later
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    lori, you look amazing............you could be a model
  • Marla64
    Options
    Just got an e-mail about a Zumba Marathon, Sunday June 27, 1-3 to benefit our local NORWESCAP-- organization that helps low income women and families-- food banks, WIC programs, et cetera.

I've never done it before, but I'm signing up. I benefit from this program, least I can do is try to give back some way. $12 registration and two hours of exercise? Sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

No typing last night or this morning-- not good for our bank account, but very sweet for rest. Cold/sinus infection has me in its grips, so the rest was nice.

Have a great Friday, everyone!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Morning Black Teamers!

Lori-Glad you had a good visit with your sister and I'm also glad you will be able to settle back in. I understand the termiol of not being a routine. Great picks you look wonderful!

Marla-Good golly. sons are nothing but trouble. lol The zumba sounds fun!

Just got back from a fun Run/walk with the boys. We let them ride their bikes so there was alot of daddy running along side the bike riding kids and stopping to pick up the 4 year old who fell of his bike ect.... Not really a very measurable work out, but I got some good sweat and I feel like I ran a marathon. lol

Got a busy day ahead. I'll check in later =)
  • Marla64
    Options
    The immeasurable family time, Batman, is of more value than the measurable exercise time. Squeezing them both together is priceless. Great job.

Quick note-- Sarah had gotten an e-mail out of the blue this week from a man interested in funding her golf, as a private sponsor. No fanfare. No strings. He met last night with Sarah and my husband-- long story short, he has been researching her for the past two years. He's a golf nut. Retired CFO from a pharmaceuticals affiliated company, has more money than God, and looks for people of character who could be "the next great" golfer but is hamstrung by finances.

He bought them dinner last night, and handed Sarah $2,000 cash last night as a show of faith, and said an additional check will be sent shortly.

Folks-- there are angels watching over this girl.

He told her she shouldn't have to worry about "playing to make a cut" with financial worries over her head. And he wants to help take those worries away. And all he wants in return is to see her smile.

Unreal. They had a lovely 2 hour dinner, talked about golf, shared personal stories-- truly an amazing turn of events.

So, she is funded for the rest of this year, and he has committed to all of next year as well, it seems. (if I understood the details correctly-- I was already asleep when hubs called)

How cool is that?

need to scoot-- my old dear friend is visiting tomorrow with her three kids-- Hilary was my very first friend when I moved to New Jersey from Ohio in 1970, and we've been friends ever since. We were in each other's weddings, et cetera-- lots of memories. Haven't seen her in a couple years-- life has bowled us both over. So, tomorrow should be awesome. We're heading to the pool, barbeque in the evening, and heading to our township's local firework display tomorrow night. (I don't know why the towns in my area have their fireworks before July 4th-- you can't even find any in the area on Independence Day-- wth?)

anyway-- I digress-- and ramble-- some things never change.

Later.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Awww. A picture from a swimsuit catalog? Hot dang! I'm making it my new profile pic. LOL. You guys are great.

Tamara- I think it was you that said about before pics and progress....dear, you of all people need to sit down and take a look. 4 oz? Really? That's like one good swig of water. You kill yourself out there. Take a few minutes to look back and see how far you have come.

Routines are great. Unfortunately, it didn't exactly go that way this AM. I decided to cut the dogs nails since he was slipping on the floors. Cut one too short, bled and bled and bled. He was excited everybody was up, wouldn't lay still so I could get it stopped. Him and I were fighting.

Alex always has a hard time with goodbye...or I'll see you soon....and since he was leaving with my sister and I won't see him for 3 weeks there were a lot of tears from him.

By the time I got out of the house to run, it was after 7, already over 90 and humid as heck. I decided to walk and sort of regroup and get my head back together after last week. So I walked 3 miles and then hit the gym for Zumba where I was less than impressed with my calorie burn. All told I got 750 out of everything. I'm greedy, I wanted more. Oh well.

Before guests arrive its' clean, clean, clean.... after guests leave it's clean, clean, clean. I know what I'm doing today. It will be a weird few weeks. 2 kids short, hubs gone on weekends, actually the other 2 kids are gone the last week of the month and I will be alone. ALL ALONE for 4 whole days. It will be glorious!

Have a wonderful day all. By the way, where has Shuntae been? I can't even recall if she's been on Facebook for awhile.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Geez.... the profile pic on here gives you no options... it crops it where it wants to fit... If I use my whole pic I dont' have a head...lol
  • Marla64
    Options
    All alone for 4 days? I will try not to be jealous. I had that last year at the Solheim Cup with Sarah-- she was with her team all the time, I stayed at a separate location in a host house with me, myself and I to worry about. Wanna get a cup of coffee? Just go out and get one. No million requests of, "Mom, can I come, too?" Wow-- lovely stuff.

It's so nice, Lori, that your son can go with your sister-- that relationships are sound enough that you can send him, and you can trust her around him, et cetera. My children miss out on so much because my extended family is psycho-- sex offenders, child abusers-- what you have with your family is special, cherish it.

I gotta tell you, after I looked at your pictures last night, it reminded me to hit the floor and do my abs. You look sooo good in your suit, and my stomach after having 9 kids will never be that, but I'm fighting it just the same. Hopefully my new suit will come in today and I'll be able to wear it tomorrow. Although it's not my best time of the month for swimming, if you read me.

So glad you had a nice week. Glad your sister was there to get you in some pictures!

Later!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Geez.... the profile pic on here gives you no options... it crops it where it wants to fit... If I use my whole pic I dont' have a head...lol

I figured you just wanted to show off the girls.
  • 72lori
    Options

I figured you just wanted to show off the girls.

The girls were hit hard with weight loss. Add gravity and lets just say that swim suit was tied TIGHT around my neck hiking it all up! I still maintain I want a lift for my 40th. Gives me 2 years to lose the last little bit and keep it off. Wouldn't want to do it, lose more and have 'em fall again! I'm wondering when they lift 'em if they could gather some of the extra skin under my arms and get rid of it too?

A friend of mine just did it and I'm seriously envious. I asked her if she laid on the bed just to watch them stand up instead of falling off to the sides. She giggled and said "YES!". I was a DD, now I"m barely a D and I would guess with a lift and the excess skin gone I would be barely a C. Funny I used to dream of a reduction..... My friend had implants done too, they told her she would lose a whole cup size. I think I might be ok with smaller perky ones for a bit. It's always good to try new things, right?