Black Team- A Team of Champions!

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    nothing major-- just life and family issues taking my running time, basically-- no point complaining, especially if it doesn't make me feel better-- ha.

Next week things should improve for 4 weeks-- golf trip got pushed back, and they leave Monday-- so I've been a bit cranky all week. I had my plans for my training beginning this week, UNINTERRUPTED. And of course, the Mr. is home and life is what it is.

I haven't had four weeks in a row where I could basically govern my own time and decide things for myself in over 22 years-- this should prove interesting. I have to make sure I'm not opening Pandora's Box.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,933 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Marla!!!!!!!!! Love ya! :heart:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    IMG_0968.jpg

I actually forgot to mention the best part of this meal. Chicken on Geroge Foreman, 10 minutes, sweet taters in microwave til soft, veges in a microwave steam bag for 7 minutes. Wonderful healthy meal, free of preservatives (unlike a Weight Watchers boxed meal- not to mention much more food!) all in under 15 minutes.

I found the little 2 person George Foreman I forgot we had, perfect for me! Those little bitty ones cost like $20 and they are perfect for cooking for yourself!
  • Marla64
    Options
    so, because of events totally beyond my control last night, I could not do any of my typing-- so I've been typing all day-- from 8am on. Except for the time that I took 90 minutes out of the day to take hubs to get his car-- again-- then I came back and had to get back to typing-- on a Saturday-- on my birthday.

My kids are waiting oh-so patiently-- not-- for me to be done to see their mother on her birthday, and so we can go to the pool. I have about 2 minutes left, and then I'll be out of here.

Now tell me-- given this scenario-- would any decent mother worth her salt accept her husband's ridiculous offer to leave the house AGAIN, leave the kids AGAIN, and go out to get some lunch WITHOUT the family? Are you for real?

(edited to remove husband bashing. )

Heading to finish my typing, waiting oh-so patiently-- not-- for Monday when the 4 week golf trip commences-- and then onto the pool for the afternoon.

I'll be positive next week-- swear it!
  • 72lori
    Options
    You are a good mother Miss Marla! Good choice. Sometimes husbands don't get it. What am I saying? Most of the times husbands don't get it.

Another successful party, a few boughts of rain, but nothing too terrible. It's only a bazillion degrees and the humidity is so high you could cut through the air, so in a way, the rain felt good. It started storming just as the last one left.

The humidity has been stiffling. This morning I couldnt' see out my windows, they were all steamed up. When we left the house to take Ian for his tennis field trip at 8 AM, my glasses steamed up the second I hit the outside. Craziness I say!

No workout today, took the day off, I need to re-energize. I ate a quick turkey sandwhich before the party, no burger, no dog. No chips, no cake, no soda, no kool-aid. The only thing I munched on was veges and fruit and I drank water. I'm not quite sure how to log 2 hours of grazing on fruits and veges, but all told, I doubt I ate that much.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    CAROL KING AND JAMES TAYLOR.............LIVE......100 FT FROM MY FACE.

Oops, sorry I was yelling.............I am a bit excited here!!!

See you all after the Troubador Tour!!

Woot WOOT!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Absolutely blessed, happy day--

That is all--

Tomorrow will be nuts-- I'll be in touch in depth (read: the cat will be away beginning Monday) so I'll give you all a good head's up about my nutty weekend--

marlas46birthdayfampic.jpg

All nine kids home for my birthday dinner-- blessed, wonderful birthday--

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2041660&id=1105705735&l=6a5f266413 This is the link to my facebook birthday photo album.

Love to all--
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Checking in everyone..

Did fairly well yesterday I think burned my 1080 calories went to panda express ( that just opened) ordered a kids meal to share with daughter ate half of it, passed on cookie, went to birthday party that I knew nothing about until yesterday at 10:30 am had to be there by noon, they had pizza I passed on it.. Did have a small piece of baskin and robins ice cream cake..But I told myself one small treat, daugfhter ate a few bites of it..Went to chop house ( never been there before) ordered a salad with blue cheese on the side a 7 oz sirloin and fries...My husband and daughter and I shared the steak, had about 10 fries, had my salad dressign ont he side and shared salad with daughter, and had 2 small pieces of bread..So all in all not tobad considereing what I usually do on Sat..I will take it..

I am sunburnt to a crisp..Hubby got his fathers day present yesterday and he could never be more excited..A 42 inch plasma flat screen tv, we are gonna mount over the fireplace..My son is away so when he comes home it, will already be put up...He will enjoy it also..When I get off work I am gonna stop and get avatar, so we can watch it on the new tv..I am so excited.

Everyone gotta go food shopping also today..everyone has an awesome day!!
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I have read all the new posts. Loved the food pictures very true..............those cookies are such a waste. Raining here today......Rummage sale was a bust..........but nothing is coming back in the house. My goal for the week is to control my eatting and my home. Too much junk ........inside and outside my body.............you guys inspire me. Richie
  • 72lori
    Options
    You go Richie- clean out the crap!

Tamara- good job on keeping it within reason on your family Saturday

Marla- happy for you that your birthday turned out well.

I'm used to seeing a post from Tanya when I pop in here first thing. Hey lady! Whatcha been up to?

I'm not sure what I'm getting in to today. I have nothing I HAVE to do. Imagine that! Hubs asked me last night if I was goign on a 4 mile run with him today. 4 miles isn't something I do often, I'm more of a 2 or 3 mile kinda gal. Also, I looked at the thermometer, it's 7:30 AM and it's 92 degrees. Checked weather online, not only is it in the 90's, there is 98% humidity. That's like running in a flipping suana! Add the fact that it's actually sunny right now and it has got to be misery out there. Maybe a nice fast paced walk would be better, I think I need to carry water.

Have a wonderful Sunday all!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :heart: Good morning! Wow, I had a great time at the concert last night. 3 hours!! Carol King and James Taylor have been my favs since I was 11....maybe before but I remember at 11 have the Tapestry album set to reply on the hi fi and listening to it the whole night, even while we slept!!

When it scratched, we bought my friends sister another. A lot of emotion tied with this music, this was not a good time of my life. It was actually horrible (although I didnt realize it then!) When I try to imagine encountering a young lady in that situation right now............I cry for her. So I guess I was crying for that young girl. I left her behind long ago thru counseling.

But man! They both are 68 or so and look good for that age. Made me feel somewhat old..........until I jogged up the 50 steps to get to the front door from the parking lot! I jogged past a LOT Of my peers with canes, pains and 50 extra pounds. It felt good to knwo I have MADE my life better!

My food has been spot on.
    I feel prettier.
    I have lost 4 of the 6 pounds I gained back.
    I am worthy
    I am capable
    I am a Natural Woman..............bwhahahahahahaha~
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Apologies that I haven't posted yet today. Was a hectic morning, did 16 minutes on the elliptical, 24 minutes on the bike, had to have a shower and then went to the shops as hubby says if I can peddle for that long the resistance isn't set high enough (its on the highest I can set it!) - so we went to by some ankle weights and tried to get Thomas some new school shoes - none available in all the shops in his size WTF :mad: :explode: :mad: and after all this I took hubby and the boys out for lunch. I had steak and salad - I actually ordered salad instead of fries :tongue:

Am going to try out my new ankle weights later, so hopefully will have a better work out
  • 72lori
    Options
    Tanya- don't apologize my friend- we are happy to hear from you when you stop in. Some times our light hearted 'American teasing' doesn't seem to translate correctly! (For the record- None of us are ever questioning you or saying you did anything wrong.... we merely tease and poke fun at one another!)
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,933 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! Rhubarb Run went splendidly yesterday. My friend/co-worker came down with her daughter and son in law. The DD and SIL are racers, they were long gone when the gun sounded. I told my friend that my goal was to finish without walking. She said, "Okay." I had convinced myself that it was indeed okay to keep going if she felt she needed to stop. We grabbed a quick drink at two water stations. I walked and took 2 chugs each time. 10 steps maybe. Other than that, it was run, run, run. I'm very proud of us. And, we averaged just under a 12 minute mile each time. I'll gladly, proudly take that!!!!

Have a wedding reception/meet & greet today at 3. It's gorgeous right now. DH wants to get out of here and enjoy the day. Can't say that I blame him.

Have a great day champion friends!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Apologies that I haven't posted yet today. Was a hectic morning, did 16 minutes on the elliptical, 24 minutes on the bike, had to have a shower and then went to the shops as hubby says if I can peddle for that long the resistance isn't set high enough (its on the highest I can set it!) - so we went to by some ankle weights and tried to get Thomas some new school shoes - none available in all the shops in his size WTF :mad: :explode: :mad: and after all this I took hubby and the boys out for lunch. I had steak and salad - I actually ordered salad instead of fries :tongue:

Am going to try out my new ankle weights later, so hopefully will have a better work out

I used to have them and I would sit in a kitchen chair to watch my soap............and do leg lifts. Fun times.......wowo that was a really long time ago! Soaps?:huh:
  • Marla64
    Options
    The countdown begins-- T minus 24 hours until departure.

23:59
    23:58
    23:57

giggle.gif

Busy-- need to fly.
  • Marla64
    Options
    so real quick-- just got a text from my eldest saying, "Thanks for having me last night."

my husband suggested as we were grilling, "if you want to" go ahead and invite him-- then he waited hand and foot on the boy when he got here. He's so busy keeping up his tough guy veneer-- sheeesh. Anyway-- it was a spontaneous decision to extend the invitation to the boy-- so glad we did-- so glad he accepted.

So glad he's thankful for it-- so hopeful that the Lord will work in this boy's heart and life and change him, heal him, et cetera.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Marla- Happy Belated Birthday Marla. So glad you had a good one and I am happy that your son was with you. BTW- Thanks for getting on my case. I love you for it. Just finished lunch and will be heading out for my now daily run in a min. There is a tornado watch out there but I'll be fine. Nothing is gonna stop me from getting out of this rut. I'll check in again later to let you know how it went.

Have a great afternoon team.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Marla- Happy Belated Birthday Marla. So glad you had a good one and I am happy that your son was with you. BTW- Thanks for getting on my case. I love you for it. Just finished lunch and will be heading out for my now daily run in a min. There is a tornado watch out there but I'll be fine. Nothing is gonna stop me from getting out of this rut. I'll check in again later to let you know how it went.

Have a great afternoon team.

I love you, too, which is why I had to get on your case.

Thanks for the wishes-- it was a wonderful day.

I'm formulating my game plan for the month-- more later!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    The countdown begins-- T minus 24 hours until departure.

23:59
    23:58
    23:57

giggle.gif

Busy-- need to fly.

whispers..........lucky woman:tongue: