Black Team- A Team of Champions!

Options

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    This seems such a pleasant change from other threads I see, I thought I'd peek in:blushing: , so positive and friendly here.:flowerforyou: I hope it's alright I take a look at some of your articles, they sound very motivating.:wink:

I wish you all nothing but the best, it sounds like you all have been together for quite sometime, how wonderful to have created such friendships in battling weight and sometimes life's struggles. I imagine that makes the journey far more fun:tongue:

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Felt like singing a song after this mornings cardio:
    smiley_singing.gif

I can dig it, he can dig it, she can dig it, we can dig it, they can dig it, you can dig it
    Oh, let's dig it. can you dig it, baby?
    I can dig it, he can dig it, she can dig it, we can dig it, they can dig it, you can dig it
    Oh, let's dig it. can you dig it, baby?

The sun beaming down between the leaves
    And the bir-ir-ir-irds dartin' in and out of the trees

Everything here is so clear, you can see it
    And everything here is so near, you can feel it
    And it's real, so real, so real, so real, so real, so real
    Can you dig it?
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    This seems such a pleasant change from other threads I see, I thought I'd peek in:blushing: , so positive and friendly here.:flowerforyou: I hope it's alright I take a look at some of your articles, they sound very motivating.:wink:

I wish you all nothing but the best, it sounds like you all have been together for quite sometime, how wonderful to have created such friendships in battling weight and sometimes life's struggles. I imagine that makes the journey far more fun:tongue:

New members always welcome!!!

Come on in and stay a while!!!
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Hello Becca,

I only joined the team in january, and have been made very welcome and the support is amazing. As Marla has said, come on in and stay awhile:flowerforyou: .

Tanya xx
  • mumsanutter
    Options
    I have just done 16 minutes on the bike with the ankle weights on, and I feel it in my legs and my abs. I had 2 (out of 5) 'bags' on each ankle and it definately feel like I've done a different workout from usual - couldn't do more than the 16 minutes :ohwell: but usually I can pedal for ages :huh: . Will continue to do this and build the time up - like i'm doing on the elliptical :drinker:

I think I just take things too seriously folks, so sorry if I don't always get the jokes etc. I don't often get tyhem in the UK either, I know I can change my weight and self image views but can I change my sense of humour??? :laugh:

Hope you all had a good weekend (Sara you are in my thoughts), and see you next week :laugh: :laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for popping in Becca,

Your welcome to come in whenever you want. Your right some of us have been together a while but we always welcome more. I've been with these wonderful people through 125 lbs of loss and when I stopped coming in for visits It turned into 25 lbs of gain. eeek! But they kicked me pretty hard for that one and I feel the tide turning. They are a wonderful motivating group and I love each and every one of them.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Well Black Team, ya know the old saying "Use it or lose it" MAN THEY AINT KIDDING>

The good news from my first run in 4 months...I still have 5k in me.

The bad news....It took me 32:13 and I had to pray to every holy diety I could think of to get through it. lol

But I am proud I was out there running. Giving it what I had in the pouring rain. It felt like I was washing off months of complaceny. I still have a long way to go before I am truly back in the game and worthy of my teammates but I could almost swear I saw the bat signal in the clouds. ;)

As for goals, I am re-evaluating and I promise you Lori that I will have them ready by tommorow.

I am running with Nike+ now so I will be posting stats from my runs so you can keep tabs on me and hopefully see some progress.

Today's run
    Distance 3.23 Miles
    Pace: 10:11 seconds
    Time:32:18

Much love. Now I am going to snuggle on the couch with my little ones. See you all later.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I have just done 16 minutes on the bike with the ankle weights on, and I feel it in my legs and my abs. I had 2 (out of 5) 'bags' on each ankle and it definately feel like I've done a different workout from usual - couldn't do more than the 16 minutes :ohwell: but usually I can pedal for ages :huh: . Will continue to do this and build the time up - like i'm doing on the elliptical :drinker:

I think I just take things too seriously folks, so sorry if I don't always get the jokes etc. I don't often get tyhem in the UK either, I know I can change my weight and self image views but can I change my sense of humour??? :laugh:

Hope you all had a good weekend (Sara you are in my thoughts), and see you next week :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, no apologies girl!! Come as you are!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Well Black Team, ya know the old saying "Use it or lose it" MAN THEY AINT KIDDING>

The good news from my first run in 4 months...I still have 5k in me.

The bad news....It took me 32:13 and I had to pray to every holy diety I could think of to get through it. lol

But I am proud I was out there running. Giving it what I had in the pouring rain. It felt like I was washing off months of complaceny. I still have a long way to go before I am truly back in the game and worthy of my teammates but I could almost swear I saw the bat signal in the clouds. ;)

As for goals, I am re-evaluating and I promise you Lori that I will have them ready by tommorow.

I am running with Nike+ now so I will be posting stats from my runs so you can keep tabs on me and hopefully see some progress.

Today's run
    Distance 3.23 Miles
    Pace: 10:11 seconds
    Time:32:18

Much love. Now I am going to snuggle on the couch with my little ones. See you all later.

WTG Andrew!! The first step is the hardest............all gravy from here!:smokin:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,757 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Hi Becca! We are always more than happy to have new black teamies! This isn't like all the other threads. I don't even go out there anymore! :noway: Hope we see you back. Tell us a little about yourself. You'll soon learn more about us than you wish you ever knew!
  • 72lori
    Options

Woman are you apologizingn again?!? :laugh: :laugh: We love ya Tanya and you've been such a nice addition to our group. Sometimes the funniest part is when somebody doesn't get the joke!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Andrew- very happy to see you back. I figured you'd been busy, you know, that work stuff, family stuff, new baby on the way stuff. From now on we are gonna come for you sooner! No excuses buddy, but I'm glad you came back before 25 turned into 50 into...... We've all been there. We all know this is a for life thing. There will be times we are 100%, there will be times we are less. The important part is that we keep doing it- at least most of the time.

Can't wait to see your goals!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Hello Black Team ! :heart:

I did an amazing 30 minute run this afternoon with Jim. Stayed with him the whole run until last 2 minutes where he put his finger in the air and circles it to tell me to pick it up. I said pfffttttt, he said he heard me in his head when he did it.:laugh: 2.2 miles..I can and will go further faster by August 3, first 5K I'm going to do. Got real lazy when my girls came home and it will take a little while to get back but I CAN do it !

Marla, Love the pictures. Glad you were able to have the entire family together.:flowerforyou:

Tanya, Keep up the hard work. Did I ever tell you when I read your posts they have a bit of English accent to them.:flowerforyou:

Lori, 90+ that early in the morning? I would have done the walk too...with the water.:flowerforyou:

Kati, WTG girl on the run !:flowerforyou:

Batman, Welcome back !:drinker:

Tamara, With all the calories you burn sometimes I worry that you don't eat enough. :flowerforyou:

Jeannie, Dig it ! LOL :heart:

Sara, :heart: If there is anything that you need, just ask I will get it to you.

:heart: To all I missed, have a great Sunday evening !
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Just a real quick stop in..

Just ate dinner turkey burger and green beans.,..Now my house is a wreck from trying to get these tv's where they need to go/..

Will repost on everyone later..Love to you all!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    2007b.gif

Hee--

seriously-- had a nice dinner with hubs since he's leaving in the morrow-- feel very full, so obviously ate too much-- logged everything and seem 261 over for the day or so-- doubt I'll get a run in tonight -- total, TOTAL chaos 'round here tonight and tomorrow morning until they leave.

I have been spending tons of time thinking and will lay out my goals for the month sometime tomorrow-- however, first thing will be to totally revamp my personal schedule without the mister-- rise and shine early and get the run in. Totally detest the late to bed, late to rise crap-- rather powerless to stop it-- marital dynamics and all that jazz--

But, for the next four weeks, I'm on my own--

Wahoooooooooooo--

Need to scoot and type-- more tomorrow.
  • Marla64
    Options
    nevermind. :indifferent:

cantwaitcantwaitcantwait!!!!!!!!
  • mumsanutter
    Options
    Morning all,

I have done 16 mins on the elliptical, 17 mins on the bike and also walked for 70 mins this am with the buggy. Have managed to put the shopping away, and make breakfast for Thomas - he has a doctors appointment at 10.30 as had come out in a rash, and I want it checked out as he is suposed to be going to france tomorrow for a school trip :ohwell: , have also put the clothes out on the airer (like a clothes line but folds up to be stored easily), and am about to have a coffee :smile:

Marla - I completely agree about the early up and exercise, thats what I'd started to do when hubby was away, but now he's back it seems to have been messed up :grumble: will need to get a grip again. Hope that hubs and Sarah get away ok.

Everyone else, happy monday folks and will recheck-in later. Need coffee before the doctors :laugh:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!

Earlier to rise this morning...I normally get up at 330 am, but since I have to be at work at 515 am this morning, I had to get up at 3 am..Good thing I went to bed at 730... Just ate my french toast oh how fabulous that was, since I have not had it in about 5 days..Made my lunch have done my make up an now drinking my coffee, fixin to go get my workout clothes together and then get dressed and head on in to work..

I get off at 1:30 then the gym until 315, then home to eat then ball game at 730..I hate late ballgames, at least the kids dont have school tomorrow so they can sleep in so thats good..My son wants to go to one of the boys house after the game..I dnt care its up to dear ole daddy!!

Well have a awesome day...I am gonna try and make good money..Hopefully we are as busy today as we were friday..That was amazing!!!
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Morning folks, less humid today:smile: Got to school at 6:30 to help a young man pass the end of the year tests :yawn: I'm here where is he?????:sad: Oh well , horse to water thing! Have a great day today. Richie
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Quick good Morning Everyone!

From trying to catch up on posts..... Marla - Happy Belated Birthday! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Loved the family photo. Everyone looked pretty darn happy in that picture. From reading on are you a "free woman today"....hubby and Sara took off? Now get back to training.

Becca- Welcome - I also just joined this excellent team in January. Nothing but positive reinforcement here!

Richie - What do you teach? DH hates it when he agrees to help someone that early and they don't show up.

Andrew- Great to see you back! Now get your butt in gear!

Jeannie - Love JT! Glad you enjoyed the concert!

Tanya - Glad you had some good alone time with hubby. It feels good to re-kindle relationships.

Attended 6 graduation parties this weekend! I am exhausted. Tried to make good food choices but the wine kept flowing:laugh: don't know how that happened.:wink: Of course dd now says "Ya know Mom, I kinda wish we had a party" AAAHHHH I knew she was going to do that. So I said why don't we have a "send off to college" party in August. Everyone will be ready for another party by then... so the planning has started.

Hey to everyone else! I have managed to keep the weight steady through all the festivities. Now time to kick in gear again!

love to all!:heart::heart: :heart: