Smoking Pot Can Actually Make You Thin

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I smell troll ...

but here is my two cents..smocking crack and doing crystal meth will make you thin too ..you want to go on that regimen?
  • wcj61
    wcj61 Posts: 13
    Options
    This is wishful thinking.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity....

Any idea if they could just extract the thc (and whatever else contributes to the desired effect) and make pills?

Seems to me we could deliver the medical benefits in a more controlled and healthier manner than smoking.

i've had thc pills from calfornia before. they're freaking awesome

I wonder then why that isn't the standard route for treating medical conditions. Surely medical marijuana would be a non-issue if it were dispensed by a pharmacy alongside pain killers and other controlled substances.
    Because our government is run by a bunch of people who like to rely on data from the 1800's and early 1900's, saying it's a "gateway drug" and like nonsense. THC has been PROVEN to be effective in treatments of various diseases, but the government still wants to institute prohibition on us. I wrote a paper about it for school last year.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I smell troll ...

but here is my two cents..smocking crack and doing crystal meth will make you thin too ..you want to go on that regimen?

This is such an uninformed and unintelligent argument.
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 lbs smoking pot near daily... I gained 50 lbs doing the same thing. It's about your own actions, what you put into your body and how much exercise you do.

That said, I find alcohol much harder to consume while losing weight because the alcohol has calories. Not to mention the fatty, salty foods that compliment alcohol, or that drunk run to McD'. Nevermind the types of things we consider "hangover" food. The Munchies pale in comparison to that.
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I have no scientific data to back this up but there might be something to this. I know a guy who has been a complete and total pothead for about 9 years now. morning noon and night with this guy. He used to be pretty average in terms of body weight but i saw him for the first time in a while last year and he was STICK thin. like sickly thin. it was pretty shocking and a pretty drastic change from what he usd to look like. I dont know if pot just supresses the appetite or if he had something else going on but kind of believe this. look at snoop lol.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Just curious as to why pot is called a drug. I'm being serious, I have never done the chemical breakdown or anything so I am curious to know. Isn't it just a plant? Is there something else added that qualifies it as a drug? Heroin and meth are made up of a concoction of various chemicals, I understand that. Isn't pot just dried herbs?

Ok, I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but if you are, here's the quick answer.

What makes cannabis a drug is the fact that it contains THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) which is the main psychoactive ingredient in the plant. It's found concentrated on the bud, as opposed to the leaves, branches, stems and stalk of the plant. In order to activate the chemical, it needs to be heated up, whether it's smoked, vaporized or cooked.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    real nic e post from someon e who is with a baby in pic..........
    dont smok e pot it s illegal
    and make s u want to eat.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity....

Any idea if they could just extract the thc (and whatever else contributes to the desired effect) and make pills?

Seems to me we could deliver the medical benefits in a more controlled and healthier manner than smoking.

i've had thc pills from calfornia before. they're freaking awesome

I wonder then why that isn't the standard route for treating medical conditions. Surely medical marijuana would be a non-issue if it were dispensed by a pharmacy alongside pain killers and other controlled substances.
    Because our government is run by a bunch of people who like to rely on data from the 1800's and early 1900's, saying it's a "gateway drug" and like nonsense. THC has been PROVEN to be effective in treatments of various diseases, but the government still wants to institute prohibition on us. I wrote a paper about it for school last year.

Yea, but the government is also pretty heavily against opiates for general use, but are just fine with them being used appropriately under supervision.
    THC pills can't be worse than some of those pain killers.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You know, I have nothing against marijuana. Other than the legality of it (or lack thereof) ruined my life.

However, if it is nationally legalized and federally regulated, you will see it polluted with the same toxins and carcinogens that the tobacco companies use. It will become just as addictive, if not more so, as tobacco.
  • motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and smoke all you want - those of us who work hard and stay clear headed and smoke free will be the ones getting ahead in this world. Don't worry, be happy :glasses:
  • mariposa224
    Options
    Hard to read what you said... BUT... It ISN'T illegal EVERYWHERE. And it doesn't make EVERYONE want to eat. Get over yourself.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Space bar problem
  • mariposa224
    Options
    You know, I have nothing against marijuana. Other than the legality of it (or lack thereof) ruined my life.

However, if it is nationally legalized and federally regulated, you will see it polluted with the same toxins and carcinogens that the tobacco companies use. It will become just as addictive, if not more so, as tobacco.
    I agree that this is the likely outcome in the US. Sad, but likely very true.
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    well i been smoking the wrong sh1t
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

Another sticking point for me.
    At the same time as we had a national movement to shame tobacco smokers and outlaw/tax their behaviors out of existence, we've seen a national movement to legalize dope smoking.
  • mariposa224
    Options
    Go ahead and smoke all you want - those of us who work hard and stay clear headed and smoke free will be the ones getting ahead in this world. Don't worry, be happy :glasses:
    Please don't hurt yourself when you fall off that high horse you're on.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't for potheads you wouldn't have your cell phone or your computer. What have you invented that changed the world lately?
  • amandaanderson2786
    amandaanderson2786 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    just because she knows about it doesnt mean she does it maybe she used to and whos business is it if she does i have family and friends who smoke and it doesnt change who they are pot is much safer than alcohol which is legalsorry she is educated about something you obviously no not to much about
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Space bar problem

totally refuted your argument, just by the space bar problem
This discussion has been closed.