Do you like CATCALLS??

Options

Replies

• SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Do I need to state the obvious here.....?
    It depends on if the guy is hot or not - - hello!

So True!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I think it's ok as long as they're not rude about it! Great to know you're looking good!
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, I don't mind. But I used to see this homeless guy shuffling up and down the street when I walked my dog - he looked like one of the Doobie Brothers. One day he randomly started calling out to me and humping his hips and pointing at his junk, and I thought, "you know, I see you everyday and our relationship has just taken a really awkward turn ....."

Oh my, how unfortunate. I hope you don't go that way anymore!

I moved. (Not because of him)
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I don't acknowledge it, especially if I'm trying to workout.

Guess hot pants aren't appropriate gym wear :laugh:
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people are rude by complimenting me...

Depends if it is truly a compliment. Yelling something crude at someone is not a compliment, particularly if it is done to make one's juvenile sidekicks chuckle. Paying an honest compliment is wonderful, if it is respectful.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Of course I like it!
  • Race2the9
    Race2the9 Posts: 77
    Options
    Do I need to state the obvious here.....?
    It depends on if the guy is hot or not - - hello!

not necessarily!!

I'm a bigger guy (5'7" @ 280lbs) and I get some tossed my way every once in a while. My favorite one was "run fatboy RUN!!! I started laughing as that one!:laugh:

I dont mind them at all! especially the negative ones (haters gon' hate!!!):glasses:
  • JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    Options
    Compliments are one thing. Having something gross shouted at you from a passing car is quite another.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Compliments are one thing. Having something gross shouted at you from a passing car is quite another.

Agreed.
  • teddabod
    teddabod Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I like when I'm pumped up at the gym and a group of ladies go "Meow meow" at me. Makes me want to pet them and take them home.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    There was a car full of high school boys in my neighborhood one day blasting "You don't know you're beautiful" (that cheesy One Direction song) and they pulled up and started singing it to me while I was running. I about died of embarrassment. But I was smiling. Made my day.

Compliments--yes please! Whistling--well, ok. Lewd comments--no, go **** yourself.
  • PaintedAlice
    PaintedAlice Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't find a catcall a compliment. I can safely say that any man I'd find attractive would never dream of catcalling. If you like the look of someone, find a polite way to start up a conversation which isn't based on "You look sexy"... There are plenty of other options if you use a brain cell or two. Most women I know find catcalling to be unnerving and makes them feel unsafe. Did anyone ever hear of a happy romantic ending from a catcall? Or even a first date?!
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Generally I do...depends on who's doing the calling and how playful or crude it is.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I hope that my daughters will have enough self worth and positive attention (including to their intelligence, skills, abilities) that they won't think that losers yelling "I want to **** you" out of a window is a compliment.

Saying, "Looking good" to a woman exercising is very different, I think. That's nice.

I also wouldn't be too thrilled if a man old enough to be their grandfather was shouting "Nice *kitten*" at them. Because he should be old enough to know better than to act like a 15 year old (that hasn't had full brain development or life experience).
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I don't like it in general, although "Looking good" could be taken more as encouragement than a catcall (which I think of as something negative).

This makes me think of that Dr. Katz episode. I found it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfDa1M6fPp0

The whole skit is funny, but she relevant part is at 4:54 & on :smile: . I miss that show.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Every time I get a cat call, it usually means she wants her dinner....:embarassed:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    my cat calls me all the time, meow.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    sunglasses_and_ocean_waves Posts: 2,757 Member
    Options
    Yes & no. I don't like rude or vulgar stuff, but I do like it when an attractive guy looks. My son was 12 last summer and would yell, "Um, that's my mother!" Sweet but also uncomfortable.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I love it. It puts a little extra bounce in my step.
  • sheclimbsrocks
    sheclimbsrocks Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It appears I am in the minority here, but no -- I don't like catcalls. They don't make me smile, they don't make me feel good about myself --- they make me wonder what on Earth possessed a complete stranger to think it's ok to make any sort of statement on my appearance by acting like a drunk frat boy, and then think I am rude because I am not flattered.

I'm with you. It's creepy and it's harassment. I love how guys feel entitled to make comments about our bodies. Oh wait - no, I don't.