Do you like CATCALLS??

Options

Replies

• karibrit
    karibrit Posts: 29
    Options
    Love them. Wish they would throw money at me too--that would be a win/win.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    as long as it stays catcalls just smirk turn your music up and keep running lol
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Yes & no. I don't like rude or vulgar stuff, but I do like it when an attractive guy looks. My son was 12 last summer and would yell, "Um, that's my mother!" Sweet but also uncomfortable.

Oh my! that's a sweet kid you got there :) I bet you were beat red I would be
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Love them. Wish they would throw money at me too--that would be a win/win.

Less clothes and a pole always helps :laugh:
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    sunglasses_and_ocean_waves Posts: 2,757 Member
    Options
    Yes & no. I don't like rude or vulgar stuff, but I do like it when an attractive guy looks. My son was 12 last summer and would yell, "Um, that's my mother!" Sweet but also uncomfortable.

Oh my! that's a sweet kid you got there :) I bet you were beat red I would be

Thank you. He is a great kid. He did it a few times last summer, and it bothered me because I don't want him picking fights with strangers. He thinks he's an adult, but he's got a long way to go.
  • luckyshilling
    luckyshilling Posts: 229
    Options
    As long as it isn't really raunchy I take it as a compliment.

"Lookin' good" "Hey, pretty lady what's up" "Damn girl" all fine with me, and taken for what they are innocent compliments.

"Hey girl, you look like you suck a mean ****." Mmm, no thanks.
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Catcalls?!?! What are those........OHHHHHH!!!! Those are the things I have not heard in 20 years!!!! LOL!!! Let's just say, I used to have mixed feelings about them.... I could not help but appreciate that someone else thought I looked good, but since it was a stranger, I felt a little vulnerable too. Now, if I get fit enough to get a catcall... ANY catcall other than raunchy ones.... I will soak it up and take the compliment!!!:bigsmile:
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    They make me want to cry and go home. Seriously. I'm that self conscious when I'm running. And it's usually groups of college aged boys like "woooo!!! yeah!!!" out their window. So I know they're taunting me, which is what college age boys do when they see a "fat chick". I've BEEN to college, I KNOW.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Dunno. Never happened.
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    I tend to be the one shouting things at people.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm also raising my daughters to speak up when they don't like something. My loyalty is to my daughters, not to defending sleaze ball losers.

But, again to clarify. What the OP said was nice and a compliment and I would appreciate that. I'm talking about the vulgar stuff.
  • MelsAuntie
    Options
    It appears I am in the minority here, but no -- I don't like catcalls. They don't make me smile, they don't make me feel good about myself --- they make me wonder what on Earth possessed a complete stranger to think it's ok to make any sort of statement on my appearance by acting like a drunk frat boy, and then think I am rude because I am not flattered.

I'm with you. It's creepy and it's harassment. I love how guys feel entitled to make comments about our bodies. Oh wait - no, I don't.

I agree with this. It's never happened to me, but I can't imagine that I'd like it.
  • lindawilson63
    Options
    dont mind since im now 50 years and still get them at times. i'm size14,166lbs.
  • MelsAuntie
    Options
    Do I need to state the obvious here.....?
    It depends on if the guy is hot or not - - hello!

So True!

Doesn't matter if the guy is hot or not!! If you don't know me, shut the hell up and leave me alone.
  • sheclimbsrocks
    sheclimbsrocks Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've been groped in my lifetime, too. Don't like that either. Even though the men who did it obviously found me attractive. What makes it okay to yell at or grab women based upon their appearance? It's not a complement. You are being treated as an object.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    HELL YES they are a compliment. As long as they aren't disgusting or excessively profane, I love them! Pushing 30 years old, with a baby, I'm happy to know I still "got it".
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I often get comments from dudes walking by that are like: "daaamn girl, I like the way your thighs giggle"
    That actually happened. To date it is still the best thing anyone has ever said to me. Ever.

Your thighs giggle? What are you giving them? :huh:
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Hate them. I moved to a somewhat sketchy neighborhood last year, and I get honked at (or yelled or whistled or whatever) almost daily going to/from the bus stop. First of all, the extreme release of compressed air is usually right in my f***ing ear, SO NO, I'M NOT HAPPY!!! YOU'VE JUST MADE ME TEMPORARILY DEAF IN ONE EAR!!!!! That's a pretty fast way to piss me off!

Secondly, as I said, the neighborhood is somewhat sketchy, so it makes me feel less safe when it happens - esp. the couple times that the vehicle would actually slow down as I passed. One time a guy was pretty much idling in the street as I passed.....at 5:30am.....in the dark.......with few other cars around......CREEPER!! ><

Yes, I have XX chromosomes, boobs, and all the rest of the package. No, that does not entitle you to be disrespectful! It's not flattering, it's creepy.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    i didnt think....just from what you described...that that was a catcall...i would take it as a compliment and be happy.:noway:
  • daisydaisy99
    daisydaisy99 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

But if someone was just randomly driving by yelling "Mmmmm....Mmmmm, I know it's Jelly cuz Jam don't shake like THAT", I might find it a little more offensive.

Getting a compliment is nice. Feeling like a piece of meat, not so much.

Wouldn't that be more like a piece of toast...