I need your opinion on how to respond to a text...

Options

Replies

• koko12
    koko12 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    OP, tell her how you feel. if she makes it your fault. shes selfish. and seriously, put yourself first whenever it comes to you and her. yeah she gets you, and you two do cheat meals together etc. but you dont have time for bull****. let her figure out her own problem
  • jenwalton
    jenwalton Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I don't know this person, but based on experiences of people I know, it sounds like a possibility that even if you think it's platonic, she doesn't want to have an affair with you... YET. Or she just likes lots of male attention from outside her marriage. It could be that she WANTED you to find her instagram pictures with other dudes to make you jealous.

I'm married, and I do have male friends, but a male friend who I regularly hang out with who is close enough to regularly start drama with? Um... that doesn't even sound normal.

Sorry.

To be honest with you, you should ask yourself what you are getting out of this friendship. She doesn't sound like a good friend.

I've gotta wonder what her husband thinks of all this?
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    First - she is married to someone else and is not your girlfriend.

Second - she didn't invite you because she didn't want you there.

Third - get over it,

I had a guy friend just like you an you know what happened between us? We are no longer friends because I do not do clingy... and if a friend gets mad because I go out with other friends I have no time for that.

Should she have told you the truth about the golf tournament? yeah maybe but maybe she did have plans to do chores and errands and maybe her plans chagned.

But really just get over it.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    22161166.jpg
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Well first there's always the possibility that she upload the pictures to Instagram from the night/day before...

If that's not the case then tell her the truth ...

"I was feeling very alienated. I feel like you lied to me about doing chores so you could get out of hanging out with me. I don't mind if you hang out with other friends, but I would really prefer to not be lied to."
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    After reading that I feel a little embarrassed being a guy. I think you would be all over her if she would just make a move huh?
  • Skratchie
    Skratchie Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Just wondering what her husband is thinking. Maybe I'm possessive but if my wife was constantly going out with other guys I dunno just doesn't seem right to me.

I wouldn't want my husband hanging out with women without me all the time. I don't understand where her husband is in all of this ...
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    Well first there's always the possibility that she upload the pictures to Instagram from the night/day before...

"I was feeling very alienated. I feel like you lied to me about doing chores so you could get out of hanging out with me. I don't mind if you hang out with other friends, but I would really prefer to not be lied to."

this is a smart, well thought out, and insightful response.

GTFO.
  • DistantJ
    DistantJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It's not okay with her to be such close friends with a man who isn't her husband. She shouldn't be "hanging out" with you at all, nor her other male friends, unless her husband is there. Seriously. What are y'all thinking?
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Maybe she lied about the golfing because she knew you would have a hissy fit if she told you she had other plans?
    Or the fact that her husband thinks something is up and she wants to distance herself from you a little and doesn't know how to, end of the day, it's up to her to do and say what she wants. There is always a reason and yes, it is usually the other persons fault for them having to make a white lie up.

I thought some girls were high maintenance, damn!!
  • HealthyLifestyleG525
    HealthyLifestyleG525 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Uh...you sound jealous. Like, boyfriend jealous. Maybe you don't *intend* to do anything, but I think this is headed down a bad path.

This. Things can turn sexual in the blink of an eye. You don't want to be part of that...stick to your principles and stay the heck away
  • rwhawkes
    rwhawkes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Fact: guys don't have female friends unless they're attracted to them. IMHO, as others have said, this is a dangerous situation and you totally need to be honest with yourself and let go.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options

this is a smart, well thought out, and insightful response.

GTFO.

lol Sorry.

GTFO now . . .:laugh:
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    She is married. End of story.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    Fact: guys don't have female friends unless they're attracted to them. IMHO, as others have said, this is a dangerous situation and you totally need to be honest with yourself and let go.

fact: only a sith deals in absolutes.
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Take this issue to Jerry Springer! The audience will most likely yell "shes a *kitten*"
  • booncey
    booncey Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Sounds like she is playing games. Somebody likes being chased....don't fall for that trap. If you truly just want to be friends with her then I would opt for telling her the truth. Sounds like you may be feeling rejected and that's not a fun feeling. She obviously doesn't have a problem with making you feel that way, so I would definitely question her motives.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options

guys are attracted to

a hole
    its wet
    hasnt been dead longer than 3 days

thats the fact

but it is very well possible to be friends with the opposite sex whom you are not sexually attracted to unless you only see women as whether they are are effable or not

sorry not all guys are like that
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    By the way? where tha fu*k is the husband at? lol
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    dude?