Boob Job!! And weight lifting

Options
ggxx100
ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
Okay, this is not a "should I get fake boobs question"...I am most definitely getting a new pair of ta-tas in a week.

For you ladies that had one and lift heavy, how long was it until you could comfortablly resume training?

Doc says "light" training is acceptable after 2-3 weeks, as in elliptical, which I don't do..ever. The recommended wait for hard training is 6 weeks, which I'd rather not do. Anyone able to lift before 6 weeks without trouble?

Replies

• jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I don't have experience with post-surgery recommendations, but I'd do what your doctor tells you to.
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Listen to your doctor!! You dont want to damage yourself and end up back in for anouther surgery, Google bottoming out for breast implants . Wait the six weeks
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about doing this and duh... didn't even think of this piece of it. Damn.... I don't want to miss training for 6 weeks... Hmmm... gunna have to think this over more. Thanks for posting this.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I wanna get some new boobies but because I need a lift too, they will only do under the muscle. But I'm wondering how those sit/work when you do heavy lifting. Does bench press pose a problem? If those muscles get tight don't they move/shift/squish the implant? I've seen some scary pics that could just be fake for shock value. But I dunno...
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    This is a serious procedure. Please choose a board-certified doctor and follow his recommendations pre- and post-op to the tee.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    You need to heed advice about resting and taking time away from training for the prescribed time. 6 weeks may seem like a long time, but it's a fart in the wind compared to the time you'll be out if you end up causing major damage to your body by trying to do too much too soon.

Perspective. Perspective....
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    but it's a fart in the wind

beautiful.
  • ggxx100
    Options
    Update...I now understand why the recommended time is 6 weeks.

Dying slowly. Hey, at least I'll die with shapely boobs
  • ggxx100
    Options
    but it's a fart in the wind

beautiful.

Poetic
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Silver lining! I like a positive person!

Congrats on your new chest!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    This is a serious procedure. Please choose a board-certified doctor and follow his recommendations pre- and post-op to the tee.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    this

I've seen people tear out their stitches or not yet healed skin/muscle and leave awful scars.

Listen to your doctor. That's what they're paid for.

Get over it. It's just lifting. Do something else.
  • rainavsfood
    rainavsfood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'd wait the recommended 6+ weeks! It hurt me to vacuum weeks after having mine done... LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options

Excellent.
  • BrittanyGQ
    BrittanyGQ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, from my personal experience, the bigger tatas make your arms and waist appear more slender and toned!! :laugh: I honestly wasn't comfortable with upper body weights for maybe 2 months, but I did lower-impact cardio and legs. Things that didn't jiggle me around too much...lol. Heal well!! =)
  • aejohnson69
    aejohnson69 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to do what the doctor says!!!!!!
  • uneik3
    uneik3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Definitely do what your doc says! I used to work at a plastic surgery office, and there's plenty of complications that could happen. I've seen quite a few people return soon after to fix a boob job after it heals incorrectly. Not worth it.
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    You are not going to be in any shape for at least 6-8weeks. I couldn't even lift my purse, as per the Dr.'s orders and I followed it all to the letter!

You are not doing yourself any favors by trying to short cut anything. If you want a successful procedure and no leaking/popping or do overs, you will listen.

Best of Luck!
  • akadrea
    akadrea Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Are you going under the muscle???? Even a year out, I have trouble with chest exercises!
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    LISTEN TO THE TRAINED SURGEON WITH YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AND STOP ASKING ADVICE FROM A FORUM!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i sprained my ankle a while back... i know, not the same thing. after 6 weeks doc said i could do low impact stuff, like elliptical. i NEVER do the elliptical.

but it was all i could really do, and i wanted to get some cardio in. whats the big deal?