Boob Job!! And weight lifting

Options

Replies

• dwightke
    dwightke Posts: 2
    Options
    My trainer had one done just recently and she was out for a week. She told me she lowered her calorie intake when she was out and after a week she was back in the gym. Good Luck.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why women wat to get boob jobs.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options

if **** jobs were as easy i assure you 90% of the men out there would
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the replies so sorry if this has been said. You only get one chance to recover. You have the rest of your life to lift heavy. This is a big procedure and you may not even feel up to lifting for 6 weeks. Follow your doctor's post op instructions like your life depends on it. Why would you want to risk a complication?
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options

As a survival mechanism...makes for great flotation devices if I ever get stranded in water...
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options

As a survival mechanism...makes for great flotation devices if I ever get stranded in water...

lol. I didn't look at the date of your original post. You already had the surgery? Hope things are going well for you in your recovery. Also, great response here. I think I would have been ruder. :-)
  • ggxx100
    Options

lol. I didn't look at the date of your original post. You already had the surgery? Hope things are going well for you in your recovery. Also, great response here. I think I would have been ruder. :-)

Hahah thank you, my recovery has been better than expected. And you're right, definitely not worth starting early to create problems in the future
  • BioMechHeretic
    BioMechHeretic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You absolutely need your rest time after the surgery. This is something that could potentially affect your body and screw all sorts of things up for the rest of your life. 6 weeks is nothing. It will fly by. You can handle some cycling for awhile just to keep your cardio up.

I obviously have no personal experience with boob jobs, but lots of experience with piercings, tattoos, implant and subdermal "heavy" modifications etc. and I can't stress enough the importance to properly heal things. Heavy lifting puts lots of stress on chest muscles and your overall upper body and multiple bodily systems and functionality. You are making a major modification to your body that will affect the rest of your entire life, is 6 weeks really the end of the world? I wouldn't say so.
  • BioMechHeretic
    BioMechHeretic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You absolutely need your rest time after the surgery. This is something that could potentially affect your body and screw all sorts of things up for the rest of your life. 6 weeks is nothing. It will fly by. You can handle some cycling for awhile just to keep your cardio up.

I obviously have no personal experience with boob jobs, but lots of experience with piercings, tattoos, implant and subdermal "heavy" modifications etc. and I can't stress enough the importance to properly heal things. Heavy lifting puts lots of stress on chest muscles and your overall upper body and multiple bodily systems and functionality. You are making a major modification to your body that will affect the rest of your entire life, is 6 weeks really the end of the world? I wouldn't say so.

Oooops I'm late to the party, I see you already made the good choice.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,556 Member
    Options
    Listen to your doc. I've witnessed many a person coming back to workouts well before recommended rest and recovery time and ended up having to be out much longer due to complications.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kimama01
    kimama01 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't have experience with post-surgery recommendations, but I'd do what your doctor tells you to.

^^^^^ This!
  • ggxx100
    Options
    My trainer had one done just recently and she was out for a week. She told me she lowered her calorie intake when she was out and after a week she was back in the gym. Good Luck.

Thank god my job doesn't require anything really physical, or else I'd have to take extended leave...

As for lowering my calorie intake, I've unintentionally lost a substantial amount of weight since surgery, which was unwanted as I'm underweight. Eating the same amount on bed rest, so not sure how it's happening. I'm sure an upcoming vacation will take care of this little problem, though!

And thank you all for the advice-rest assured, I will be taking the full 6 weeks and then some
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    pics or it didnt happen
  • BlitzClipz
    BlitzClipz Posts: 154 Member
    Options

Thank god my job doesn't require anything really physical, or else I'd have to take extended leave...

As for lowering my calorie intake, I've unintentionally lost a substantial amount of weight since surgery, which was unwanted as I'm underweight. Eating the same amount on bed rest, so not sure how it's happening. I'm sure an upcoming vacation will take care of this little problem, though!

And thank you all for the advice-rest assured, I will be taking the full 6 weeks and then some
    Lol you're one of the lucky ones. Most women end up gaining a few pounds after surgery! Probably what's happened with you is that your body is working overtime to heal itself. It requires more calories than normal to get this done. If you're eating your normal calorie intake, your body is using that up really fast and then taking from fats to satisfy its healing needs. If you're still losing, try eating more!!
  • ggxx100
    Options

Lol you're one of the lucky ones. Most women end up gaining a few pounds after surgery! Probably what's happened with you is that your body is working overtime to heal itself. It requires more calories than normal to get this done. If you're eating your normal calorie intake, your body is using that up really fast and then taking from fats to satisfy its healing needs. If you're still losing, try eating more!!

Haha I guess so-I have been a lot hungrier since the surgery though, so you're right about my body probably adapting. I also assumed I would gain weight, partially from the implants themselves! But there's no way to know, and I can't exactly weight each boob to see how much they weigh :laugh:
  • BlitzClipz
    BlitzClipz Posts: 154 Member
    Options

Haha I guess so-I have been a lot hungrier since the surgery though, so you're right about my body probably adapting. I also assumed I would gain weight, partially from the implants themselves! But there's no way to know, and I can't exactly weight each boob to see how much they weigh :laugh:
    You should check out www.justbreastimplants.com
    There's a forum on there just for women with breast implants or other plastic surgery procedures done or getting done. There is SO much info on there!! And you can totally figure out how much your boobs weigh lol.

Silicone Breast Implant Weight:
    1cc weighs 0.0375 oz.
    To calculate the weight of silicone implants, see the directions below.
    If you have two 300cc implants then: 300cc x 2 = 600cc total
    600cc x 0.0375 = 22.5oz
    22.5oz divided by 16oz = 1.40625 lbs. for both implants

Saline Breast Implant Weight:
    If you have two 300cc saline implants then:
    300cc x 2 = 600cc total
    600cc divide by 29.574 (to convert to ounces) = 20.2880 ounces
    20.5338 divided by 16 (ounces) = 1.268 lbs. for both implants
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Definitely wait! AND wear that brace thing they give you for as long as they say! Really, you don't want an implant to slip or tear or rupture. Suckers are expensive and the recovery is a b**** so you'll be so mad at yourself if you have to go through it all over again!
  • andiroot
    andiroot Posts: 43
    Options
    Are you going under the muscle???? Even a year out, I have trouble with chest exercises!

I'm a year and a half out from under the muscle and bench is still not great. But everything else I lift like a small beast.

let them settle a bit. Give it a couple months. You may be able to lift sooner, but why risk messing up your surgery? You don't want capsular contracture.

same here and I am at almost 5 years. under the muscle.
    I focus on everything else and spend little time on chest because it pulls awkwardly and they cramp and pull apart.

i'm glad you learned more and will listen to the doctors advice
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    friend of mine got er done and she had to wait the 6 weeks because of the pain factor... bouncing hurt bad... shes all good now.
  • shimmygirl411
    shimmygirl411 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You should check out www.justbreastimplants.com
    There's a forum on there just for women with breast implants or other plastic surgery procedures done or getting done. There is SO much info on there!! And you can totally figure out how much your boobs weigh lol.

[/quote]

Thanks for the forum info. Will definitely check it out.