Boob Job!! And weight lifting

Options

Replies

• Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    You should check out www.justbreastimplants.com
    There's a forum on there just for women with breast implants or other plastic surgery procedures done or getting done. There is SO much info on there!! And you can totally figure out how much your boobs weigh lol.

Thanks for the forum info. Will definitely check it out.
    [/quote]

can i get a username and password?
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is not a "should I get fake boobs question"...I am most definitely getting a new pair of ta-tas in a week.

For you ladies that had one and lift heavy, how long was it until you could comfortablly resume training?

Doc says "light" training is acceptable after 2-3 weeks, as in elliptical, which I don't do..ever. The recommended wait for hard training is 6 weeks, which I'd rather not do. Anyone able to lift before 6 weeks without trouble?

You will be VERY sore for a while and it will bother you to lift your arms. If you start lifting too soon, you can pop open an incision. Even if you 'think' it's healed. that takes at least 6 weeks and it will be tender. Do'nt mess up a good thing by being hard-headed.

ENJOY the new tah-tahs!! I have loved mine for many years.
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    There's a forum on there just for women with breast implants or other plastic surgery procedures done or getting done. There is SO much info on there!! And you can totally figure out how much your boobs weigh lol.

[/quote]

Of course you can!! ID: Jerry Password: PERV! :laugh:
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options

Of course you can!! ID: Jerry Password: PERV! :laugh:
    [/quote]

well that didnt work
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I had my boobs done a over a year ago and mine where done under the muscle and that is the only way to do it . I was told my my doctor to wait a few weeks before i could even start doing any thing even cardio and then no lifting for 6 weeks. I couldn't even do yoga for that long it was hard but worth it. And i haven't looked back since I have a few friends that had theres done and did not listen to the Doctor and regret not doing so . SO do as he says
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    This thread is usless without pictures.
  • BlitzClipz
    BlitzClipz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Can I subtract the weight of my implants from my weight :laugh:

almost 6 yrs later, and I definitely don't work out my chest. If anything, I find that chest exercises hurt and feel weird because the muscle flexes over the implant. I will probably have to have the right one redone (although i'll just get them both re-done) because i think the right is moving out of its pocket). not sure if working out chest in the past had anything to do with it. I also had sub-muscular. loooooove them.
    Haha I always subtract my boobie weight :tongue: It's nice to know that I really weigh 4.64 pounds less than the scale weight :laugh:
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My trainer had one done just recently and she was out for a week. She told me she lowered her calorie intake when she was out and after a week she was back in the gym. Good Luck.

Thank god my job doesn't require anything really physical, or else I'd have to take extended leave...

As for lowering my calorie intake, I've unintentionally lost a substantial amount of weight since surgery, which was unwanted as I'm underweight. Eating the same amount on bed rest, so not sure how it's happening. I'm sure an upcoming vacation will take care of this little problem, though!

And thank you all for the advice-rest assured, I will be taking the full 6 weeks and then some
    Lol you're one of the lucky ones. Most women end up gaining a few pounds after surgery! Probably what's happened with you is that your body is working overtime to heal itself. It requires more calories than normal to get this done. If you're eating your normal calorie intake, your body is using that up really fast and then taking from fats to satisfy its healing needs. If you're still losing, try eating more!!

Haha I guess so-I have been a lot hungrier since the surgery though, so you're right about my body probably adapting. I also assumed I would gain weight, partially from the implants themselves! But there's no way to know, and I can't exactly weight each boob to see how much they weigh :laugh:

Silicone Breast Implant Weight:
    1cc weighs 0.0375 oz.
    To calculate the weight of silicone implants, see the directions below.
    If you have two 300cc implants then: 300cc x 2 = 600cc total
    600cc x 0.0375 = 22.5oz
    22.5oz divided by 16oz = 1.40625 lbs. for both implants

Saline Breast Implant Weight:
    If you have two 300cc saline implants then:
    300cc x 2 = 600cc total
    600cc divide by 29.574 (to convert to ounces) = 20.2880 ounces
    20.5338 divided by 16 (ounces) = 1.268 lbs. for both implants

Thanks for the info! So useful...
    Good to know that my boobs weigh 1.87lbs :laugh:

12 pounds to gain...never thought I'd say that lol
  • teehee1211
    teehee1211 Posts: 39
    Options
    Wait, just like everyone else. If not be prepared for a botched recovery LOL

What size implants, profile, did u get? And whats your bra size now?
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    I wanna get some new boobies but because I need a lift too, they will only do under the muscle. But I'm wondering how those sit/work when you do heavy lifting. Does bench press pose a problem? If those muscles get tight don't they move/shift/squish the implant? I've seen some scary pics that could just be fake for shock value. But I dunno...

mine are real, but they do get in the way of any and all chest exercises. I can't quite get the bars as high/close as I should without it being somewhat uncomfortable/painful

I guess it depends on how big you get though, but still, if you are not used to having large breasts and are serious about wanting to buy some, I recommend "faking it" with some sort of similar size/weight before you do it permanantly (ziplock baggies full of water work well).
    This may sound weird, and I'm sure I'll be mocked for it, but there are MANY things I find that are affected by the size of my boobs, from lifting, to balance even, things that you won't think about until suddenly they are odd or even difficult.
  • ggxx100
    Options

400cc...At first the doc recommended 325cc max for my frame, but we decided on the bigger size in the end since I wanted a full D. They are about 2.2 cm beyond bwd though.

I was a bit worried that it would be too much for my frame but I love the results! I am now a 30D (ribcage 26")

Everyone is different though, my friend got 400's as well I believe for a c cup-depends on the individual.
  • ggxx100
    Options
    I wanna get some new boobies but because I need a lift too, they will only do under the muscle. But I'm wondering how those sit/work when you do heavy lifting. Does bench press pose a problem? If those muscles get tight don't they move/shift/squish the implant? I've seen some scary pics that could just be fake for shock value. But I dunno...

mine are real, but they do get in the way of any and all chest exercises. I can't quite get the bars as high/close as I should without it being somewhat uncomfortable/painful

I guess it depends on how big you get though, but still, if you are not used to having large breasts and are serious about wanting to buy some, I recommend "faking it" with some sort of similar size/weight before you do it permanantly (ziplock baggies full of water work well).
    This may sound weird, and I'm sure I'll be mocked for it, but there are MANY things I find that are affected by the size of my boobs, from lifting, to balance even, things that you won't think about until suddenly they are odd or even difficult.

Hahah you're right...I should have practiced beforehand. Even standing still takes a bit more effort now :laugh: I know it'll definitely take getting used to, and I'm finding I need more balance than before
  • TigressPat
    Options

400cc...At first the doc recommended 325cc max for my frame, but we decided on the bigger size in the end since I wanted a full D. They are about 2.2 cm beyond bwd though.

I was a bit worried that it would be too much for my frame but I love the results! I am now a 30D (ribcage 26")

Everyone is different though, my friend got 400's as well I believe for a c cup-depends on the individual.

that's because a d is not the same cup size on a 30 as it is on 36 or 38 for example.
    Most people think a "d" is huge. a 30D=32C=34B=36A in terms of cup.

I will also look different for the same reason (30D is same size cup as 36A, but will look large on a tiny frame whereas the 36A will look small on a larger frame.

btw, if you are 26 inches underbust you should really be wearing a 26 inch band. Ok, they are pretty hard to find, but you should be able to get 28DD's easily enough (ebay, amazon, maybe even Nordstroms)!
    they will provide far more support, especially if you run or whatever
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    These recommendations are the minimum. Believe me after you get it done you will thank yourself for not pushing to get back to training. Augmentation is still a fairly big surgery that involves a lot of tissue healing and your body also needs time to adjust to the new changes.

6 weeks should be a minimum, I'd honestly say until your incisions are healed and no longer sore (to the touch or when lifting your arms all the way above your head) is when you should talk to your doctor about going back to lifting.

Hope your surgery goes well!
  • TigressPat
    Options

Hahah you're right...I should have practiced beforehand. Even standing still takes a bit more effort now :laugh: I know it'll definitely take getting used to, and I'm finding I need more balance than before

I ride horses, somedays I seriously consider getting a reduction, even though I love my boobs!

I'm actually top heavy, and if I lose enough weight I have a hard time bending to pick something up (like the chair test they do with men) without unbalancing!
  • airen123
    airen123 Posts: 149
    Options
    I know a girl who has them and she lifts competitively as well is a fitness model, and one of hers popped out and transposed itself in the shoulder/arm region :/ But she got it fixed.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Do NOT lift upper body before 6 weeks and I recommend you never do chest again if you are going under the muscle. You can permanently distort your implant placement. You really need to let your body heal and let them drop so they look natural and don't get stuck up high. Plus, being this is your first go around, you will likely be sore as hell for weeks anyway.
  • ggxx100
    Options

that's because a d is not the same cup size on a 30 as it is on 36 or 38 for example.

I will also look different for the same reason (30D is same size cup as 36A, but will look large on a tiny frame whereas the 36A will look small on a larger frame.

btw, if you are 26 inches underbust you should really be wearing a 26 inch band. Ok, they are pretty hard to find, but you should be able to get 28DD's easily enough (ebay, amazon, maybe even Nordstroms)!

That is true...at this point I can't picture myself with any larger breasts without topping forward :laugh:
    As for the band, I know..it's just tough when the lowest usually is 32 in store. I usually have to get a new hook added and the straps adjusted. Still wearing my post-op support bra, so I've yet to go bra shopping.

I'm new to actually needing support..I don't run, but I know it's something I have to keep in mind now.
  • TigressPat
    Options

That is true...at this point I can't picture myself with any larger breasts without topping forward :laugh:
    As for the band, I know..it's just tough when the lowest usually is 32 in store. I usually have to get a new hook added and the straps adjusted. Still wearing my post-op support bra, so I've yet to go bra shopping.

I'm new to actually needing support..I don't run, but I know it's something I have to keep in mind now.

well, gravity works on the fake ones too, eventually!
    so definitely worth investing in a few decent bras.
    you won't find them in any store, but you will find them on Ebay quite cheaply, and more of a selection than you can imagine!

In a pinch, you could probably make due with a 32C, taken in about 4 inches (which throws the bra out of line, but is workable if you are desperate!)
  • noKTdidnt
    noKTdidnt Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I took a family member for this procedure 4 weeks ago. She is STILL in pain whenever she so much as lifts her arms above her head. It may not seem like a serious surgery but it's much more than you think. Wait the 6 weeks. Ease yourself in.