Time for a rant.

Options
I'm tired of dieting.
I'm tired of counting calories.
I'm tired of my knees hurting.
I'm tired of aching.
I'm tired of not being able to work out.
I'm tired of searching for recipes.
I'm tired of being grumpy.

I don't want to work out anymore.
I don't want to count calories.
I don't want my knees to hurt anymore.

I want to just go back to eating what I want, when I want. Its not like I was really that unhealthy.

I want to be happy. I'm not happy doing this. I don't want to do it anymore.

I hope its just one of those days...

/rant

Replies

• lambchoplewis
    lambchoplewis Posts: 797
    Options
    Yes, this is one of those days for you!! You probably need a good nights sleep and someone to tell you they appreciate you. I know you can do this. Just get back on track and read more of these motivational posts as they really help.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    You might need a cheat meal every now and then to at least have something to look forward to.

(Just one of them days... that a man goes through... just one of them days...)
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It is one of those days, try to keep your head held high, we definitely always have those bad days where you just aren't happy with the whole dieting, or counting calories, or wanting to be happy but it is worth it, isn't it ? I myself, haven't gotten ANYWHERE close to where I would consider my "happy place" with my weight, but I need to believe that it is all worth something!
    So keep pushing yourself ! if you aren't happy now, you deserve to be happy, and working at this will make you happy, so put a smile on your face and keep going :)
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I feel that way several times a week.

It's just one of those days.Hang in there:flowerforyou:
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    It probably is just one of those days. We all have them. Just think about summer and how you're going to look at the beach.
    You're over half way there.
    Think of all the work you've put in...all wasted if you go back to eating the way you were since you will just regain the weight.
    All that being said, maybe you need to ease off for a bit....go easy on till your muscles are no longer sore.

Wishing you luck in getting over this hump.
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Usually when I feel like this I take a break for a couple days, I will log calories but not weigh and count everything perfectly. I will also just go for a walk instead of hitting the gym. I don't know how easy it is for you to get someone to watch the child/children, perhaps you and the wife can have a "date" night to just take a step back and relax a bit.
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    go enjoy a meal that you want. don't count the calories and then get back on track tomorrow. this is a marathon not a hundred yard dash allow yourself a treat once every couple of weeks or so. This is not a diet. this is a change of life. You can allow yourself there occasional treat meal or treat. Just remember the key word is occasional.
  • PixieAdele
    PixieAdele Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You sound like my other half yesterday coming in from work after all the trains were delayed.. Tired and hungry and grumpy because he wasn't seeing the results he's been wanting even though he's worked really hard for them. Although he's made huge progress on his cut and managed to maintain almost all of his muscle mass.

Try not to feel too down focus on other victories you've had, for example I have hardly lost anything this month, but I can now squat well over my body weight and I ran 6 miles today in record time.

If you are aching a lot I would say its your body telling you to slow down, take it easier on the exercise for a few days and let yourself recover a bit without stopping altogether.

I hope it is just one of those days and you don't turn your back on your goal, after all you're over half way there according to your ticker!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m2gpemuDZA1qj972zo1_500.gif

Take a day off, refresh your mind. We have all been there.
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Thank yall :)
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    im tired of people saying they are d oing cheat days and they dont care and they arent recording it
    im tired of hearing about people getting drunk
    im tired of people not logging in in ten days- which mean s they are eating junk while i am working my butt off
    im tired of deleting people off here cuz they arent really or motivated
  • ricmate
    ricmate Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It'll pass mate, keep moving forward and focus on the benefits of doing what you're doing. Chin up fella!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    NO................... dont give up. you can do this...................
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    DITTO
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of dieting.
    I'm tired of counting calories.
    I'm tired of my knees hurting.
    I'm tired of aching.
    I'm tired of not being able to work out.
    I'm tired of searching for recipes.
    I'm tired of being grumpy.

I don't want to work out anymore.
    I don't want to count calories.
    I don't want my knees to hurt anymore.

I want to just go back to eating what I want, when I want. Its not like I was really that unhealthy.

I want to be happy. I'm not happy doing this. I don't want to do it anymore.

I hope its just one of those days...

/rant
    Reading this...then glancing at your profile....you are TIRED and may just need a good nights sleep. Sounds like you work hard, maybe relax a bit (I don't mean the food exactly), do you enjoy sports? Play tennis, something fun with a friend or the kids but something you might not consider a workout per se.

Give it a shot, see how it feels? Btw... my left knee hurts doing the above or not, depending on the moment... sigh...that's why I keep pushing myself, hoping as I do it gets better as more weight drops off.

Re-reading your post...yup, just sounds like you might need a day off from your routine...

:drinker: Cheers for re-newed energy and motivation!:drinker:

ETA: WOW there's some pretty awesome responses to your thread... ppl really care and can relate... lots of great advice here.. I'll need to keep this thread around.:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • DorisInTheDena
    DorisInTheDena Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My hubby does a job like yours. You sound like you need rest. You can do this. Do it for your children! You look great and have made lots of progress. BIG HUG! Now go have a nice, healthy meal and relax. :wink:
  • brentbarrie
    Options
    I've taken quite a bit of time off during my journey but I guess its needed sometimes. I keep working through it though.

7 days off after Day 2
    3 days off after Day 11
    2 days off after Day 31
    2 days off after Day 35
    2 days off after Day 37 (currently)

The days off after day 2 were because the program kicked my *kitten* and I was beyond sore but after those days off, I was able to work through the program with minimal days off. I like to think that I am just repeating that cycle since Month 2 is NOTHING compared to as tough as Month 1 was..

I know this will pass and maybe I need to eat that Tombstone pizza that I have in the freezer. I'm just afraid that I will feel guilty after doing so. I don't take cheat days but every once in a while I will have a day that I let myself go for one meal. I just tend to do so on days that I burn a lot of calories working out when I should be eating more calories than my goal. I dont feel guilty when I do it that way.
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You're tired! It's amazing you've been doing as well as you have been, considering you're only getting 4 hrs (?!!) sleep a night? You're burned out, and when that happens, you just need some total "down" time. Hopefully, you'll have a couple of days off in a row where you can recuperate & get some much needed sleep! Enjoy some time away from MFP, and come back refreshed. You'll feel better if you allow yourself time to do this. Take care of yourself. You can still do this; just take a break. :)
  • brentbarrie
    Options
    I don't work until Tuesday :)

I'm going to rest up through the weekend, go to a running store where I can be properly fitted for a good pair of shoes (which could be a cause of my knee injury), and start back up on Tuesday and maybe start taking a day off in between workouts to let my muscles recover a little bit better. I finished Month 1, I deserve a reward (new shoes).
  • DorisInTheDena
    DorisInTheDena Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Good plan! Best wishes to you. Like I said, my hubby is in a very similar occupation; loading and unloading, carrying, little sleep. It takes a lot out of you. Sometimes you just need a break. Have a great weekend and congrats on your success so far!