I haven't pooped in almost a week!

Options

Replies

• RobbinRL
    RobbinRL Posts: 76
    Options
    I'm just old-fashioned in many ways and to say something like that on a coed site is yuck in my opinion but I know some don't care or have been taught it's ok. Maybe I'm the one that's wrong. So maybe I'll just join in and say I hope you unload sooner then later.

TMI, grief:noway:
    I have been on track with my eating & excersing but it seems like ever since I've started MFP I've been going A LOT less then I normally do. I feel bloated! HELP!

everyone poops. how is it TMI?

I'm sorry if this is a problem for you to see/read- this is a health/ diet site-- It has nothing to do with etiquette- Bowel problems and other things are often a problem with health/diet/life/weight changes- this is a topic that some people need help with. If you don't or won't discuss this with people to get help that's fine- move on.

Exactly, my gosh.
  • quietstormz_wehcnage
    Options
    Maybe you aren't getting your healthy fats in, maybe restricting too much !!
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I am re-quoting for pure awesomeness.

guidos-bros-*kitten*-fratboys-brolphin.gif

WWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • veggielubbr
    Options
    Just eat lots of fruits/veggies/legumes and you will definitely see a change. Also, you may not be eating in 'quick exit' mannerisms. You shouldn't be eating fruits with any other food and definitely shouldn't be eating it after a meal and meat/dairy shouldn't be eaten together. You should look into that. The food combining theory can help your digestive issues :)
  • MellyMelx23o
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this! I just started MFP last week and I use to go everyday and now I go like once every 2 days and it's not very much. It was starting to freak me out but I think it's because my body isn't use to not eating fast food all the time and the general cut down in calories.

That's what I'm thinking too. Some people are pointing out I eat crap because I've been buying Healthy Choice frozen meals & whatnot, but to be quite honest, It's a hell of alot better than all the garbage I ate before. I'm not really a cook either so I figure If I work out & cut down my calories, it will work...and has thus far!
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Also, I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but you seem to eat a lot of cheese, which is known to make you feel bunged up. Maybe stop that for a couple of days and see if that helps?

I love cheese! LoL I can't enjoy it like I did before this diet (I did eat much more prior, like, every time I passed the fridge, I'd take a slice!) :cry:

Fret not doll, you're not alone! I *LOVE* cheese*. Damn moderation!
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy...another opportunity for me to share my most favorite link EVER:

http://thoughtcatalog.com/2012/the-dos-and-donts-of-drinking-ballerina-tea/

Thank you for bringing me this happy moment! :)

Best link ever. I'm in my cubicle laughing my butt off.
  • Stacylynn1977
    Stacylynn1977 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    everyone is right, we need to look at your diary and see what ur eating, you should eat 30-50 g of fiber a diary and eat lots of protein and drinks lots of water
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Activia

Needed ♫♪'s put around it so that it would be read in the sing-song voice in my head!

Anyway. I had this problem and it led to hemorrhoids just a few months ago. I had thought I had had hemorrhoids but it turns I had I had NO idea how bad they could get - I was in the most embarrassing pain of my life - and I've had a kid before anyone asks. I was doing wonderfully losing weight - skipping my cereal for breakfast and little did I know that was the only fiber I was getting before!

So. Fiber. Eat fiber God damn it. I eat the recommended on here every day and sometimes more. I eat a fiber one bar every day. Breakfast is raisin bran or oatmeal. Take some stool softeners. Just... Fiber - however you can get it!

And it's not TMI. It's a bowel movement, grow up - If you cannot talk **** online, then what is this world coming to? ;) (From someone who wipes your grandmother's *kitten* in the old folks home and treats their bowel problems - poop is my job).
  • TanyaGirl76
    TanyaGirl76 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I would say you are eating WAY too much processed food with not enough nutritional value (frozen meals and such), also maybe too much dairy. I would make more salads and add in some Grannie Smith Apple, Kefir Coconut Milk and a high quality fiber supplement. Also make sure you are drinking enough water.
  • LavaRoushFiveOh
    LavaRoushFiveOh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Water and Fiber. Water and Fiber. Water and Fiber.
  • icesk8ermom
    icesk8ermom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I can count how many real fruits and vegetables you've had this week on one hand. I'm surprised you poop at all after eating all that processed crap.

^^^^^ Completely agree with this statement. Now I am not one to talk because I have a hard time getting mine in as well but I eat a little something every day.

I know you said you’re not much of a cook somewhere else but instead of your processed frozen meals try a grilled chicken breast and veggies from El Pollo Loco. How about a packaged salad; they have some that are lower calorie ones that aren't too bad by ready pac in the produce section. Instead of your fiber bar eat watermelon; eat enough of that and it will give you the runs it’s loaded with fiber! You need more natural fiber (not the kind "added" to food like your bars).

Cooking vegetables isn't rocket science you can do that easy! There are so many creative things you can do to help with the taste if you don't like them too much. (if you need ideas friend me I will help you)

Try to eat healthier carbs....fresh vegetables(like squash, zucchini etc.) and beans (like kidney, black beans or cannellini beans); try a salad and add some beans to it. This will help you with the carb cravings your seem to be having and may help you cut back on some much candy.

I know where you are coming from because I was the same way. I personally would suggest no sugar or fruit for 2 two weeks (which is hard I know I did it) to try and rid your body for craving it; you seem to still eat lots of candy every day.

It is very hard to change your ways but you can do it have faith in yourself!!
  • bikerbabe62
    Options
    Try taking Magnesium, I take it every night and have not had any issues, I also drink lots of water, coffee and exercise. I am also on 2 oz of aloe juice a day! or go have a colonic done, that is dangerous to be backed up like that, it starts rotting in there and makes you feel very bad!
  • srustin
    srustin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    for me it is two things 1. probiotics and 2. water!
  • kreuzen
    kreuzen Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    It really is a good question. Even if embarrassing :blushing: it's a part of life and if one can get some help than that is great!
    Sometimes I'll find that I will have a problem. I agree with Smooth Move tea (organic section) I like the chocolate version and I'll add a splash of milk or equivalent. It's almost like hot cocoa. :smile: and again, it really does help. Also, sometimes I find it's because I need more water intake. :drinker: Even if I have had a lot already the other foods I'm eating might require me to intake ever more liquid due to their sodium intake.
    An Epsom soak in a tub might help as well. I always find afterward like a very cleansing experience. Maybe some gentle yoga to help your internal organs start moving? Some gyms have classes available.
    This issue is NEVER fun. I'd say if it doesn't get better after you try some of the tips here, you might need to go see your doctor.

I hope this helped. :flowerforyou:
    And I hope you start to feel better soon.
    (OH! Forgot to mention also, popcorn- for me anyway- clogs me up. I can't have more than a cup without having 'issues'. I'd say, if you have popcorn a lot in your diet that you should cut that out.
    Okay... again, hope that helps!
    Take care!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    extra strength coffee.
  • mallinds
    mallinds Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I do two things of metamucil - one in the morning one in the evening. Works like a charm.
  • Beautiful_Ideal
    Beautiful_Ideal Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm sure others have said this, but:

1. Probiotics.
    2. Enough fiber. (both kinds)
    3. Enough water. Too much 2 with not enough 3 will actually constipate you further.

And if you struggle with this issue, 8 cups a day is the bare minimum! (at least for me.)
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    I have been on track with my eating & excersing but it seems like ever since I've started MFP I've been going A LOT less then I normally do. I feel bloated! HELP!

Try warm coffee with lots of creamer and sugar, prunes, or benefiber.

After you do go, finally, you'll called SmellyMel instead lol.
  • kreuzen
    kreuzen Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Remember to eat as "clean" as you can. The "Eat Clean Diet" is all about that and trying to eat as little processed foods as you can.
    http://www.eatcleandiet.com/about_the_diet.aspx