Do you keep counting calories over the weekend?

Options

Replies

• zasae
    zasae Posts: 30
    Options
    Yup it's become a natural reaction , finifhed eating ? count the cals
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Yes, every weekend. The only days I don't log are holidays or family celebrations. (Mind you, it should be limited. Its not okay if your going to a birthday party every weekend and eating too much) but once a month, hey, why not?

Friday nights are "date night" with my husband and I eat whatever I want and usually have a dessert too. It keeps me sane. haha
  • krystyleee
    krystyleee Posts: 219
    Options
    If I were NOT to long on a day it definitely wouldn't be the day I eat the WORST. Lol, I actually used to do that, though. I wouldn't log on a day that I knew my family was having a cookout or something, not because I will eat too much (which I'm way better at now BECAUSE of logging), but because it's frustrating trying to figure out which brand of hot dogs or hamburger meat or cheese or buns were used, but I at least do a guesstimation on those days. However, I still LOG.

Don't get in the habit of every weekend over indulging, you won't get anywhere. It's better to give yourself something you really want every other day or something then have a full two days of craziness. Logging on bad days lets you know how bad those days really are. Once you see how bad it really is, you'll scare yourself (if you're serious enough about it) and next time theres a cook out you'll be like, okay I'll only have 1 hot dog and 1 beer because last weekend I ate 2000 calories in 2 hours!

That's why I log :)
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I log everyday.

Unless I am on a road-trip and I don't have access to the internet.
  • tbisca1
    tbisca1 Posts: 142
    Options
    YES
    When i go into maintenance i may "diet" during the week and just relax on weekends, we'll see how it goes....

This ^ I am in maintenance and I eat really well during the week and relax some on the weekends. I still exercise on weekends though. I learned over my journey if I am too hard on myself then I tend to splurge more! If I allow myself to relax then I most of the time can stay within my alloted caloires.
  • Wol5894
    Wol5894 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yes, I log every day, weekends too. Weigh-in day is Saturday morning, so I may go slightly over on Saturday (and only slightly at that) but on the other hand, I tend to exercise more, as I have more time to do so. Strictly back on track on Sunday morning.

If it goes in my mouth, it gets logged - my Android phone goes nearly everywhere with me and I log it as I go.
  • Maricela526
    Maricela526 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have the tendancy not to log during the weekends but, I dont go overboard either.
    I am going to make a concious effort to log this weekend. I just feel like I sometimes need a little break since I am good the entire week.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat because I am that particular about my food. Weekends tend to be bit more relaxed for me but I log the food I eat.
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    uh....yeah! Why mess up what you worked so hard for during the week?
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    Definitely...I log everything I eat every day
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    yes... because weight gain can happen over the weekend too :)
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    The weekends are tough to keep track of but I do my best.
  • Beautiful_Ideal
    Beautiful_Ideal Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've been logging so long that I've memorized the amount of calories in my most-eaten foods. Sometimes, if I know how many calories I have left, and I know that I won't go over eating a certain thing, I'll eat it without logging. This usually happens towards the end of the day, and has no correlation with what day of the week it is ;)
  • saun5870
    saun5870 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I log everything, but if I go over, it's not a big deal--I just want to know what sort of damage I'm doing. :)

this is so true!! Seeing it makes it less likely to happen again even though most people do splurge a little on the weekends!
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Since I have a tendancy to eat worse on the weekends... it is logged! Before I eat it!
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    It depends on where I am, but lately I've been winging it.
    When I started I logged every day, no matter what.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    I log everyday. Sometimes I may forget to click the complete entry button, but I still log.
  • leonmedwards
    Options
    I have had 30 years of "not logging" or taking days off. Not worrying about what is going into my body is what got me on this sight in the first place.
  • msjamartin
    msjamartin Posts: 148
    Options
    I actually do not log "everything" on the weekends...I pay attention but my weekend meals don't tend to be as planned or structured (eating at other peoples homes, hiking, photography trips, street fairs etc). I log what I know so I have an idea of where I'm at during those days and can know my range for estimating when the meal is out of my hands. This allows me to make smart choices but since I have no clue what is in some meals, I just eat smaller portions and move on. Now when summer ends and I'm not out and about as much, I'll log more.

M-F I pre-plan nearly every meal, pack my food for work and log every morning what I have on the menus for the day. I control 100% M-F the contents for every meal unlike the weekends.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    This is a lifestyle change so yeah it's pretty much 7 days a week. I don't have cheat days. I've eat at the Mexican joint, Red Lobster and a chinese buffet and still stayed within my limits. I don't ever want to go back to the old me so the new me needs to learn to make better choices 7 days a week,