Naked

Options

Replies

• recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    I'm comfortable naked, and still have another 70 odd lbs to lose. My wife, who is within 5 lbs of her goal weight hates how she looks. Heck, she won't even go outside in a one piece or two piece bikini (She's 5' 8" 142 lbs).

Honestly, getting to a magic number on the scale isn't going to make you feel more comfortable with yourself. Being comfortable with yourself comes from within and not from external factors. Sure, not being oveweight will help some, but it won't solve anything.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I'm comfortable naked, and still have another 70 odd lbs to lose. My wife, who is within 5 lbs of her goal weight hates how she looks. Heck, she won't even go outside in a one piece or two piece bikini (She's 5' 8" 142 lbs).

Honestly, getting to a magic number on the scale isn't going to make you feel more comfortable with yourself. Being comfortable with yourself comes from within and not from external factors. Sure, not being oveweight will help some, but it won't solve anything.

I fully understand this... Its almost my point actually...
    No matter what, I still feel fat. That doesn't change.
    I need my mind to understand that but it never does...
    I notice your a guy... why is it guys always feel ok... and girls are shy being naked?
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Honestly, it's not up to me if I look good naked. That's up to my lady friend (when I get one, that is).

I want to get in shape for my health, not for my nakedness. BUT - I know everyone has their own reasons for their decision to get in better health.

Whatever motivates you...go for it!
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    Honestly, it's not up to me if I look good naked. That's up to my lady friend (when I get one, that is).

I want to get in shape for my health, not for my nakedness. BUT - I know everyone has their own reasons for their decision to get in better health.

Whatever motivates you...go for it!

• cmod57
    cmod57 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I liked naked I'm half way there already soon to be all the way anyone care to join? There is nothing wrong with it at all with all the work we do to look good we want to look at and show off all our efforts!
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Fully understandable. Besides we all need attention! It's human nature. A lil flirt here a compliment there it builds us up, we feel better we work harder. Hard work, better results.

Someday I'll be happy with myself again. 1 broken foot, 1 knee surgery... going from a physical job to riding a desk.. yeah I'm not what I was 12 years ago when I got out of the Army that's for sure.

Tell me more about that desk you ride.
  • Welshie_girl
    Welshie_girl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow.... I thought its a post about juice.... Maybe a sugar question or something.... Lol
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    I just want to be one of those girls that walks naked everywhere and doesn't give a *kitten* who's looking... And doesn't give a *kitten* what she looks like...
    I wanted advice from those people...

Didn't mean to seem like an attention *kitten*. lol sorry.. wasn't going for that at all.

:frown:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Me too, girl. Me too! I want to make sweet, sweet crazy love to a beau with every freaking light on, for a very long time to come.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I just want to be one of those girls that walks naked everywhere and doesn't give a *kitten* who's looking... And doesn't give a *kitten* what she looks like...
    I wanted advice from those people...

Didn't mean to seem like an attention *kitten*. lol sorry.. wasn't going for that at all.

:frown:

Isn't that illegal?
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I've always been comfortable naked...:wink:

How? Share your wisdom with me ;)

I too have always been comfortable naked!! I think it comes from my mom! We grew up in a house of all girls and mom used to set on the couch in the morning butt nekid and do her makeup.... She raised us to be comfortable with our bodies no matter what they look like! And mom was a "plus" sized woman too! I go to this spa in Dallas that the hot tub/shower area is totally nude... clothing NOT allowed! The room is huge and full of strangers!! You have to be truly comfortable with yourself to enjoy your time there, and I LOVE it!! Damn I need a spa day!!
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Wow.... I thought its a post about juice.... Maybe a sugar question or something.... Lol

Us both dear lol
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    I notice your a guy... why is it guys always feel ok... and girls are shy being naked?

There are a lot of factors at play. One of the biggest in my opinion is guys are taught from a young age it's not how pretty you look that matters. We guys get taught to not cry, not be a sissy, etc. But generally we aren't taught that our looks matter, etc. As a girl you are taught from a young age to look beautiful so your prince charming can come. What are boys taught? Be the strong powerful guy that can beat someone up. Well a strong guy can still be fat and society in general doesn't see anything wrong in that.

I look at my kids as to how deep this really goes. My wife has absolutely 0 problems with our boys running around in older shorts, t-shirts, etc. I can count on one hand the number of times my daughter has NOT worn some kind of dress, etc when going outside of the house. It's social programming for you girls from day 1 to always look your best.
  • Starlightbella
    Starlightbella Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Me too, girl. Me too! I want to make sweet, sweet crazy love to a beau with every freaking light on, for a very long time to come.

Ha Ha! Awesome goal! ME TOO :bigsmile:
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options

Ahhh ... exactly ;)
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options

Us both dear lol

Do you have anything positive to say?? Or are you just stuck in "that's what she said" ville?
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    I've always been comfortable naked...:wink:

How? Share your wisdom with me ;)

I too have always been comfortable naked!! I think it comes from my mom! We grew up in a house of all girls and mom used to set on the couch in the morning butt nekid and do her makeup.... She raised us to be comfortable with our bodies no matter what they look like! And mom was a "plus" sized woman too! I go to this spa in Dallas that the hot tub/shower area is totally nude... clothing NOT allowed! The room is huge and full of strangers!! You have to be truly comfortable with yourself to enjoy your time there, and I LOVE it!! Damn I need a spa day!!

My mom was the same way!!! I've seen her more naked than I've seen myself naked haha...
    Wish I could say I raised my kids that way... but I didn't... none of them have ever seen me naked. :/
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options

There are a lot of factors at play. One of the biggest in my opinion is guys are taught from a young age it's not how pretty you look that matters. We guys get taught to not cry, not be a sissy, etc. But generally we aren't taught that our looks matter, etc. As a girl you are taught from a young age to look beautiful so your prince charming can come. What are boys taught? Be the strong powerful guy that can beat someone up. Well a strong guy can still be fat and society in general doesn't see anything wrong in that.

I look at my kids as to how deep this really goes. My wife has absolutely 0 problems with our boys running around in older shorts, t-shirts, etc. I can count on one hand the number of times my daughter has NOT worn some kind of dress, etc when going outside of the house. It's social programming for you girls from day 1 to always look your best.

So you are saying that this social way of life is right?
    I'm a little confused by your post?
    Do you feel comfortable with your daughter always wearing a dress?
    I'm asking in seriousness... I have 2 daughters.. My girls have always been raised to be beautiful... but not feel like the dress defines them. They are allowed to wear anything that makes them feel "alive" .. whether it means a dress to be beautiful, or skinny jeans to make them feel cool.
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If you really do not feel comfortable with your body...take a notepad and pen with you and stand in front of the mirror...NAKED! Ok, now write down everything you love about your nakedness. Don't be stingy or modest, noone has to look at this but you. Write at least three things. Put this list somewhere secure. Now, everytime you are in front of said mirror look for a new trait to add to the list. When you are feeling self-concious, take out the list and read it.
    Just remember, we can ALL find something to hate about ourselves. It takes real courage to admit to the things we love. :wink:
  • bergsangel
    bergsangel Posts: 131
    Options
    That's my goal...well, not actually to walk around naked (I have too many kids), but to undress for the shower in front of that huge mirror (I SO feel you) and feel good no matter what the angle. Not sure that is possible, but it's my goal :):flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.