Visual Guide to Women's Body Fat %

Options

Replies

• b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    scales showing body fat % are not accurate

different body types, heights, and other factors cannot be calculated by these things.

you can do it with measurements and that will get closer, but still not very accurate.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm 28% according to the military body fat calculator online. I'm 5'7 and 153 lbs.

RKuFZ.png
  • tshahady
    tshahady Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    :
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhere between 20 and 25 percent. (military method) I'm 5'5 and around 155 lbs.

It really doesn't matter to me what it is honestly... just another pointless number to chase in my opinion.
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nicholjenny
    nicholjenny Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    About 25% BF I think....
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Cannot post any pics because I am at work right now, but the pics of me on my profile at 170lbs were at a bf% of 28%.

**edit to add: the ones at 193 were at a 38% body fat. Tested with bod pod at both points. I will be going again once I get below 160.**
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 171 and mine is currently between 28-29%. My goal is 21-24%.

onshirt.jpg
  • kajpen
    kajpen Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I need to take pics, but I am 5'4" 124 pounds and about 21% body fat
  • austelle
    austelle Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    5'5.5" 122 pounds and measuring in at 21% bodyfat but my scale says anywhere between 24-26% bodyfat....who knows?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Was told the same day I took this pic that I'm between 26 and 27%

I'm 5'8 and weigh 150.

ColorCorr.jpg

My camera is broken so I don't have any pics right now, but I look like somewhere between her ^^^ and the belly dancer photo- I was just tested @ 26%, and I'm 5'7" and 135 pounds. I think I would personally look bad with body fat in the teens...Everybody wears it differently though, I guess...:flowerforyou:
  • theblackbirdtree
    Options
    I'm an example of skinny-fat.
    23% body fat (via DEXA scan), 5'7" and 121 pounds. Eek, muscle, anyone?! :embarassed:

cimg1403n.jpg
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Im about 22%.. 5'9", 146 lbs
  • GypsySoul_74
    GypsySoul_74 Posts: 152 Member
    Options

Yay! Now I don't feel like some sort of exhibitionist freakazoid. Open a free photobucket account if you don't already have one, upload your pic, then copy the IMG code from the list of 4 options to share the pic. Paste it to your post, BUT change the opening and closing capital "IMG" in the brackets to a lowercase "img". That should do it!

thank you SOO much for this info! i had no idea how to post a pic until now!
    sorry the quality isn't great in this photo... but i wanted to contribute anyway. i think this thread is a great idea!

this was taken about a month ago. i am 5'4", was 129 pounds when the photo was taken, and at about 23% body fat. you can see that my abs were starting to come out a little. i also had definition in the backs of my legs/calves. at that point my arms hadn't started to look cut at all yet, but i'm starting to see some definition there now (at 126/22%BF). my collarbone and shoulder blades have become a lot more visible over the past month too.

iPhone72112052_1.jpg
  • metalvegan
    metalvegan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    5'8, 124 lbs, 19.17% bodyfat based on measurements

I carry all my weight in my hips and butt.

july24fourweeks.jpg
  • GypsySoul_74
    Options
    5'5.5" 122 pounds and measuring in at 21% bodyfat but my scale says anywhere between 24-26% bodyfat....who knows?

my scale always reads about 5% higher than a caliper average. i bet at that height and weight, if you work out regularly at all, you're closer to 21% :)

the handheld BF device at my gym has been tested against calipers and a few people's DEXA scans, and is almost always +/-2% or less, so that's what i go by.
  • Csitri
    Csitri Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Scotland_forever
    Scotland_forever Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GypsySoul_74
    Options
    The day I got CALIPERED at 19.8% my Tanita digital scale (foot pads only) read 34%. Those things are a joke in my case.

one of the big problems with most BF scales for women is that they only measure the BF in the LOWER half of the body, which is obviously where most women carry weight... i think that's why so many of us get high readings with scales.
  • marynificent
    marynificent Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    great post. here i measured on the handheld scale, in athletic mode, at around 25% and 153 lbs. i am 5'5. i want to be at 18-19% but my body would rather spontaneously combust. i run, lift heavy weights, do spin, etc etc edited to add: i am 31 years old

7462213242_4fb7a135fa_z.jpg