What is your secret diet food ?

Options
Mine is Swede, only 26 calories per 100g and I love it

A great replacement for mash potato , a very cleansing face pack and in an emergency a draft excluder.

Billy

890swede.jpg

Replies

• BillyPinky
    BillyPinky Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Can't believe no one here likes swede. I think its called rutabega in the US but not sure.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    BACON.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BillyPinky
    Options
    BACON.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Really, I would be fatter than I any now. I love bacon but I would have to have it with the rest of a full English breakfast.
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've never even HAD a rutabaga! You mash it?

We have recently discovered kale chips which we LOVE. My husband has also taken to dipping celery into wing sauce with a little bit of blue cheese. It helps satisfy his wing craving.
  • BillyPinky
    Options
    You can dice it and when its cooked have it as a replacement for potato or its nice mashed up with carrot.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    yum turnip! its good mashed with cauliflower too.

for me :
    eggs, pecans, nitrate free bacon, cream cheese and country style pork ribs.

boiled radish are ALMOST like potato. more watery, less creamy.
  • Lillouns
    Lillouns Posts: 40 Member
    Options

A great replacement for mash potato , a very cleansing face pack and in an emergency a draft excluder.

Billy

My mom is from Scotland and has always called it a turnip. I love them! Most people I know haven't tried them either. I just hate peeling and cutting them!
  • jasonpclement
    jasonpclement Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Coconut Milk is great, and very low calorie. Makes your shakes much more satisfying than water, but at only about half the calories of milk.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I like swede.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I have never eaten a turnip!

Mine are laughing cow light cheese, apples with peanut butter and chocolate!
  • mmychal
    mmychal Posts: 69
    Options
    Mine is currently greek yogurt, but I think sweet potatoes are on my radar as another possible powerhouse. Spinach is pretty amazing too.
  • BillyPinky
    Options

Billy

My mom is from Scotland and has always called it a turnip. I love them! Most people I know haven't tried them either. I just hate peeling and cutting them!

They are a bugger to peel.

I'm from Ireland and when I was young ( a very time ago) you couldn't get pumpkins and we use to crave out Swede/Turnip to make the halloween lanterns.
  • sassy_massey
    sassy_massey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Mine is shiritaki noodles! It's only 40 calories for a whole bag! Imagine having a big plate of spaghetti for less than an apple!
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Almonds, especially the ones dusted with a bit of dark cocoa powder when I'm craving something sweet.

Salmon burgers. When everyone else is having burgers and I have a craving, I reach for these. Low cal, great tasting, with all of the benefits of Salmon.

Pepperidge Farm Light Style 7 Grain Bread... 45 calories per slice. Tastes amazing. Not like cardboard like some other light breads.

Eggs. I love them, and they come in handy at any time of day for a quick meal.

Vita Tops. They taste freakin' GODLY and are 100 calories. Packed full of vitamins and fiber. Totally kills a cake craving. I love the dark chocolate ones.

I agree with someone else above about celery sticks, blue cheese and hot sauce. I crave wings a lot. They're one of my favorite foods. This really hits the spot.

Minute Maid Light Pink Lemonade... Tastes just like the real stuff and only 15 cals.
  • Gotspunk1
    Gotspunk1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash as it is less than 40 calories per cup, and lately I've been LOVING wholly guacamole avocado verde. It's SO low in calories and just great on so many things!
  • daughterofthesea
    daughterofthesea Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Green tea ... 1 calorie, really kick-starts my metabolism, and if mixed with lemon it tastes great!
  • mrsrocco
    mrsrocco Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs, oatmeal
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Spinach. I love it. Great raw as part of a low fat burger meal, in salads, or wilted with pasta and sunblushed tomatoes
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Love turnips, but no one else in my house does. :( I don't have a secret food because I love them all so much. Learning to eat things in moderation like ONE serving of almonds (instead of the whole bag) is what really helped me... Also filling up on veggies at dinner when I don't have a lot of calories remaining in a day...