OMG Read this...

Options
1235»

Replies

• Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Soooo back to the original question.....
    Today is a new day to do something great.....What are you going to do with it?

Thought I would head out to the corn field today and cruise for sheep, er I mean wimmins!

179502_10151043137943464_153137378_n.jpg

Who's with me!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    "Some days I'm just *****y and straight forward, some days I'm a ***** cat, we'll see which one I am today."

ROFLMAO! I copied that directly from allabtlm's profile and it automatically censored the offensive words! Too funny!

uh, this is creepy. Really really creepy....
  • Caged_Heat
    Options
    "Some days I'm just *****y and straight forward, some days I'm a ***** cat, we'll see which one I am today."

ROFLMAO! I copied that directly from allabtlm's profile and it automatically censored the offensive words! Too funny!

uh, this is creepy. Really really creepy....

Which part? The automatic censoring, the creepy guy who copied it from her profile - or both?
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Still...YA' LL!
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day to do something great.....What are you going to do with it?

Yeah, I'm a tard I titled this "OMG Read this" for all my haters. :angry: Becuase you know deep down you really love me. :blushing:

If I make one person's day, mission accomplished.

I was with you until you said "tard"

HOW DARE YOU!

Freedom of speech. Freedom of the internet. Who are you to tell her how to speak or what she can say? I respect her for being normal enough to admit she says it. So do I and nobody calls me on it. I'm sure you've said something just as offensive before. So get off your proverbial high-horse.

Thank you.

If anyone could get offended by it, it would be me, my sister is mentally handicapped (mentally retarded, 27 yrs old with capabilities of an 8 year old ish), it doesn't bother our family, we know that others who use it offensively may be ignorant to what the disease really is. We choose to stay positive. It's just another word to us.

I didn't intend to offend anyone, therefore don't take it that way please.
    Then it seems like you of all people would understand why it's offensive to use this in a public forum. This is totally different than using it with your family members.
    And yet another person who is just SO perfect. If it offends you so much why do you keep reading this thread? Go rain one someone else's parade! Geez, it's Friday. Lighten up :drinker:
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Do you think for a few minutes each day we could all see the stupidity that politically correct speech has brought us to. You can't say anything at all without offending someone. Perhaps we could all learn to have a little bit of a thick skin and realize the comment was not intended to offend or to refer to individuals that have an actual mental disability. Then maybe, just maybe, folks can concentrate on things that are actually important.

"Politically correct speech" comes from the fact that people use those words SPECIFICALLY to hurt and offend people. If someone says to a person of "average intelligence" that he or she is "retarded," it's the same as saying that person is stupid -- which puts "retarded" and "stupid" on the same level. People who shoot video of their kids sledding into a tree or a parked car are stupid. People who throw their car door open on a busy street without checking to see if anyone is coming are stupid. People who are born with Downs Syndrome or some other type of cognative disability do not have "average intelligence," but they're not making DUMB DECISIONS or saying STUPID THINGS; they're simply born with certain limits. To associate the word "retarded" with "stupid" is like saying people with mental disabilities are choosing to be that way -- and I bet you anyone whose child is in that situation WILL take offense at a statement like that.
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! CONTEXT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grumble: :grumble:

She wasn't calling anyone else by that name, she was calling HERSELF by that name. Who are you to judge her means of self-deprecation?
    And lets take a step back here, who said that stupid decisions = stupid people!?? Even MENSA members can make bad decisions that have consequences (like forgetting to check if there's a car coming before they open the door/step into the street, etc)

There are SOOO MANY things in this world that will offend someone. If i'm a Christian, and I choose to put up a Christmas tree, then I'm the bad guy because the Jewish or Muslim person gets offended? I don't choose what offends you, you do. And like it or not, unless it incites violence, I still live in America and I have the right to say it, even if it does offend you!

In England, a *kitten* is actually a cigarette. Should the entire culture change their vernacular just because you find the word offensive? Grow up everyone!
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I appreciated receiving a friendly message from a Moderator that took time out of their busy day to respond to what I can imagine was a report of this thread. The appropriate action was taken and I'm glad we have certain protocols in place to have made that happen. Awesome job of those guys!

My RAINBOW STILL LOOKS BEAUTIFUL AS EVER! And has nothing under it.

Have an AWESOME Day Guys!!!! :drinker:
  • Caged_Heat
    Options
    I appreciated receiving a friendly message from a Moderator that took time out of their busy day to respond to what I can imagine was a report of this thread. The appropriate action was taken and I'm glad we have certain protocols in place to have made that happen. Awesome job of those guys!

My RAINBOW STILL LOOKS BEAUTIFUL AS EVER! And has nothing under it.

Have an AWESOME Day Guys!!!! :drinker:

REDACTED (sort of)

Have a great day yourself farmers_daughter!
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I hope ya'll have the best day ever. Thanks for posting happiness and slim, thanks for the laugh. Still...
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    <brag>

I took my new kayak out today! It was on sale! WOOT!!

</brag>
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You are funny :flowerforyou: to the original op
  • broncobott
    Options
    I like this... The way I've always said it is, "Live each day, one day at a time and make it a masterpiece."

You never know if you get tomorrow....so make today the best!

Awesome!
    I like