Girls with large frames progress pics please ?

Options

Replies

• bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Athena98501 - As I said, it's not an exact science; there will be exceptions. But in general it gives people an idea of their body frame, yes.

The best way to go is the wrist measurement vs. height.
  • MrsCCWoods
    MrsCCWoods Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I would but i dont know how to add pictures on here
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options

Btw- postrockandca, I totally hear you about the BMI. Even my doctor and nutritionist feel this way about it, and no longer use it because it doesn't take body frame into consideration. Totally outdated!

My BF has a large frame. A few years ago, some nurse told him he was morbidly obese because of BMI. BF, who was admittedly overweight but not obese, argued that he had a large frame and that the 140lbs goal this guy told him about was batty for his body type. So, after arguing a little, the guy measures BF's wrist and finds that he has an 8.25" wrist. At 6 feet tall, that's a large frame. The nurse begrudgingly agreed that perhaps BMI science wasn't the most accurate for most.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Athena98501 - As I said, it's not an exact science; there will be exceptions. But in general it gives people an idea of their body frame, yes.

The best way to go is the wrist measurement vs. height.

I know. The part that amuses me is that it sounds like my hands must be bigger than yours, and you've got around 4" on me. My frame is friggin huge. :-)
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I would but i dont know how to add pictures on here

[ img ] URL [ /img ]

But, without the spaces. :)
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'10"

30hpjxi.jpg

335 - 225; I've lost about 5-6lbs since that picture but haven't updated it yet. I also had baby number two five months ago. :)
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and have footballer shoulders too - and my wrist measures 6 7/8 inches = large frame. I just can't see how I'll ever look like some posters on this site - my ribcage is just too large! What a pity "big strong girl" is not the "in" look!
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I am only 5' 3", but I have broad hips and shoulders no matter what I weigh. Even at an ideal weight, I can never get into anything smaller than a size 8. In my case, the wrist measurement doesn't work because I happen to have small wrists and ankles--I can overlap my fingers and my wrist is less than 6" in diameter. But, that says nothing about the rest of me.
  • kakiem
    kakiem Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently 232 lbs. Want to lose weight - that's why I am here. I am proud to have boobs and hips and will be mortified if they disappear as I lose weight. :sad: At the moment most of the weight seems to be coming off my stomach and back (YAY!). :drinker:

Would love to have some friend who have hips and boobs and are proud! Please feel free to add me. :happy:
  • Derameth
    Derameth Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and have footballer shoulders too - and my wrist measures 6 7/8 inches = large frame. I just can't see how I'll ever look like some posters on this site - my ribcage is just too large! What a pity "big strong girl" is not the "in" look!

Exactly m'dear beattle1. My height is 5'8" and my wrist measures 1/16th shy of 7". My hips are NOT big, but my rib cage is. I have wide shoulders and narrow hips..talk about being built like a guy...but I am also 61 and really don't give a flyin' crapola about stick skinny, or curvy...never was, never will be. SOOOO what I have done is embrace my body type and build on that. I started out at about 302 and now I weight 201.6 (was down to 192 however, have been lifting and building muscle so not "dieting" right now).

My whole point is to work with whatcha got... Forget BMI, forget FRAME You know what your body looks like... as the song says, "You've got to accentuate the positive
    Eliminate the negative
    And latch on to the affirmative
    Don't mess with Mister In-Between"
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by a large frame? I used to think I had a large frame until I lost weight. My wrists were also bigger too and were in the large frame range that you find in those online calculators. My wrists also got smaller after I lost weight
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Kudos to all the ladies with the courage to post their shots!! You look amazing.

I'm 5'5" with a rugby player's build. Started in October 2011 at a whopping 270 lbs. Today, I'm right at 170. The "during" shot was taken yesterday after a 5k. I'm hoping to lose another 25 lbs or so, but my real goal is to be fit and look good naked :happy:

2yl5nyo.jpg
    vil9ib.jpg
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Ok here are mine

This picture is from April2012 206lbs
    DSCF3421.jpg

This one is from July 2012 184lbs
    DSCF3613.jpg

Still work in progress!
  • mcedes02
    mcedes02 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to post pics in the forums but my profile pic somes progress pic. Large frame, 5'10. I'm about 1/3 of the way to my goal weight. I've lost 7 in in my waist. I couldn't even get the pick top on 3 months ago. Good Luck on your journey! Anyone is welcome to add me!!
  • nabak147112
    nabak147112 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i have a large frame also but unfortunately i never took pics to compare really..altho i did take 1 of me sitting down and a pic of my face and then i took the pics of me showing skin that i have put away to compare for myself to see,but i am going to take pics every month or so from here on out to compare..
  • DIYmomma
    DIYmomma Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Here's a link from the US Gubmit about frame size:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/17182.htm

I am 5'8" and have a 6.5" diameter wrist, so a large frame. And, I actually have moderately bony wrists (and legs. It's all in by belly. Thanks, genetics.), so no one can say it's because I have fat wrists. Just "fat bones, LOL." What kind of crunches does one have to do for THAT?? ;)

I have no after, so no before pics yet. But SOON.

ETA: Basically, because of frame size, I get rather eye-rolly about things like BMI. It's such a narrow view on body type and what's healthy. I really think can can promote poor body image.

wow didnt know this, thanks ever so much. im large framed, 5'5" and my wrist is boney and measures 7" :)
  • MMMendoza007
    MMMendoza007 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Holy smoke! So many amazing and inspiring people!!! Everyone deserves a gold medal!! I feel like everyone on this thread and in the success stories section should be on a television show! :heart:
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have a larger frame, as my shoulders are broad and my hips are wider. Even thin, I still have an athletic and curvy shape. This is me several years ago at about 240. I started MFP (no official before pix though) at 233.

15955374_1575.jpg

This was me a few weeks ago at 197.

15955374_165.jpg

My goal weight is 175 and I should be in size 10/12. I'm in 14s now, so some might say that I "carry my weight well." I don't know! I will still be technically overweight.
  • amylou1977
    amylou1977 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    awesome pics
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!