Girls with large frames progress pics please ?

Options

Replies

• Nicolle71
    Nicolle71 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am darn there 6ft. tall and I currently weigh 183.4. I started 70 days ago at 210 pounds and have lost 26.6. I just took photos yesterday for the first time and I am going to make myself take photos periodically from here on out but I am so personal about me that I have to get used to the idea of posting them.LOL I am commend anyone that is brave enough to post theirs. I wish you the best of luck and if you want you can MFP friend me. Good Luck!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have a larger frame, as my shoulders are broad and my hips are wider. Even thin, I still have an athletic and curvy shape. This is me several years ago at about 240. I started MFP (no official before pix though) at 233.

15955374_1575.jpg

This was me a few weeks ago at 197.

15955374_165.jpg

My goal weight is 175 and I should be in size 10/12. I'm in 14s now, so some might say that I "carry my weight well." I don't know! I will still be technically overweight.

You look great! I'd wager that you have a lot of muscle. :)
  • Jackie80taylor
    Jackie80taylor Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    i decided in may this year that enough was enough, i am 5ft 2in and i weighed 204lbs (about 14 1/2stone).... 2 months later i have lost 22lbs (1 1/2 stone) and i am half way to being where i would like to be... heres my before and during photos (i hope this works) :-)

before
    JackieTaylorb43.jpg

during
    2012-07-16101707.jpg

cant wait to post my after pic :-)

edited: ok that didnt work lol heres the link to the whole album grrrr technology
    http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s228/treetoad/weight loss/
  • vikdexkaykai
    vikdexkaykai Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Well then I guess I'm small framed as I can overlap my fingers (not by much mind you), so maybe somewhere between small and medium framed, I suppose! This is surprising considering EVERYONE has always told me that I'm large framed because I have a small waist (35") and large hips (49"). My hands and feet are the thinnest part of me, though I feet are a size 10! I wear a size 5 on my ring finger! Go figure!
    I think I've always thought I was large framed because I've always been overweight! So maybe when (not using the word "if") I lose the amount of weight I want to loose, I would see myself as "small framed". ??!!!
    What is considered a large frame?
    Well, it's not an exact science, but here's a quick way to find out...

Wrap your thumb and longest finger (generally your middle finger) on one hand around your other wrist. Be sure to wrap around the smallest part of the wrist....
    - If your thumb and finger overlap, then you are small-framed.
    - If they touch, then you are medium-framed.
    - If they don't touch (have a gap), then you are large-framed.

{There's a good 1/2 inch gap between my fingers when I do this "wrist wrapping" test. I'm definitely large framed! I'm slightly over 5'8" and my wrist measurement is 6.55 - yup, large frame.}

Here's a site on more accurately determining body frame size - wrist measurement vs. your height:
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/17182.htm

**EDITED TO ADD: Oops, postrockandca beat me to the nlm.hih.gov site. It's a good'un! **

Btw- postrockandca, I totally hear you about the BMI. Even my doctor and nutritionist feel this way about it, and no longer use it because it doesn't take body frame into consideration. Totally outdated!
  • SKBrown76
    SKBrown76 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump for later. I have always been a big girl. Even at my lowest and most athletic build around age 15 I weighed about 170 (thought I was fat then!) I started MFP about 2 months ago and started my weight loss journey about 5 months ago. I have lost 34 lbs since then but I am no where near ready to post a before and after, but I WILL get there!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have a larger frame, as my shoulders are broad and my hips are wider. Even thin, I still have an athletic and curvy shape. This is me several years ago at about 240. I started MFP (no official before pix though) at 233.

15955374_1575.jpg

This was me a few weeks ago at 197.

15955374_165.jpg

My goal weight is 175 and I should be in size 10/12. I'm in 14s now, so some might say that I "carry my weight well." I don't know! I will still be technically overweight.

You look great! I'd wager that you have a lot of muscle. :)

Thanks so much! Yes, I do, especially in my legs. I rode horses competitively for 10 years when I was younger, so my thighs and butt are packing some heat under that fat cushion!
  • vikdexkaykai
    Options
    Going by the below link, it would appear that I'm a small framed woman. Who knew?? Not me! LOL I'm 5'9 with a 6" wrist!:ohwell:
    Here's a link from the US Gubmit about frame size:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/17182.htm

I am 5'8" and have a 6.5" diameter wrist, so a large frame. And, I actually have moderately bony wrists (and legs. It's all in by belly. Thanks, genetics.), so no one can say it's because I have fat wrists. Just "fat bones, LOL." What kind of crunches does one have to do for THAT?? ;)

I have no after, so no before pics yet. But SOON.

ETA: Basically, because of frame size, I get rather eye-rolly about things like BMI. It's such a narrow view on body type and what's healthy. I really think can can promote poor body image.

wow didnt know this, thanks ever so much. im large framed, 5'5" and my wrist is boney and measures 7" :)
  • vikdexkaykai
    Options
    You looke AMAZING!!
    Ok here are mine

This picture is from April2012 206lbs
    DSCF3421.jpg

This one is from July 2012 184lbs
    DSCF3613.jpg

Still work in progress!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I have a med/large frame (dunno what hubs did with the tape measure). I definitely have broad shoulders which makes buying women's tops kinda suck. They usually fit fine/loose in the belly area and tight across the chest and shoulders. I feel very "fat guy in a little coat". I also have a weirdly large rib cage.

Here's the start at around 230 lbs.

1yeardifferencefront.jpg

Here's where I am now at 175. The plan was to get down to 134 but I seem to be stuck. Please excuse the awful lighting and terrible colors. My skin tone really isn't that hideous. lol

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Here's what's going on down below. I'm standing on the toilet because I don't own a full length mirror and I feel stupid asking anybody else to help me take these pics.

2012-05-09_14-46-00_64-1.jpg
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7". I started at 250. The before/after is at 50 lbs down. The pink bra is today, 60 lbs down. I think I have about 40 lbs to go.

IMG00067-20110527-1655_23.jpg

IMG00237-20120729-1616.jpg
  • vikdexkaykai
    Options
    Amazing body transformation!!
    Well done!:wink:
    I'm pretty sure I have a med/large frame (dunno what hubs did with the tape measure). I definitely have broad shoulders which makes buying women's tops kinda suck. They usually fit fine/loose in the belly area and tight across the chest and shoulders. I feel very "fat guy in a little coat". I also have a weirdly large rib cage.

Here's the start at around 230 lbs.

1yeardifferencefront.jpg

Here's where I am now at 175. The plan was to get down to 134 but I seem to be stuck. Please excuse the awful lighting and terrible colors. My skin tone really isn't that hideous. lol

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Here's what's going on down below. I'm standing on the toilet because I don't own a full length mirror and I feel stupid asking anybody else to help me take these pics.

2012-05-09_14-46-00_64-1.jpg
  • EinTX
    EinTX Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    so I can read later.
  • blackhippy
    Options
    GREAT JOB GIRLS !!!!!
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I don't really have before pics, but here is me at 133 lbs && I'm 5'1.5" with a large frame.

100_1188.jpg

[edit]
    My shoulders are 42" around
    Wrists are 6.5" around
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Love the jumping victory pic!! I'm gonna do that when I get down to ideal weight :D
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Bump ;]
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    As far as large frame well I'm 5'7" and I'm definitely never going to be one of those stick skinny girls (and am fine with that.) I don't have any progress pics 'cause I can never find anyone to take a picture of me :( but I'm down 34 pounds so far.
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    I should have progress pics soon!! :bigsmile:
  • IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER
    IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm curvy and no matter how much I lose these thighs and hips haunt me.. btw how do I post pics?
  • Geni_B
    Geni_B Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hurray for you never give up...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!