What is your secret diet food ?

Options

Replies

• wymanic
    wymanic Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My favorite after work out snack is celery topped with peanut butter and then topped with raisins! The raisins really lift the whole thing and it is about 200 calories for two full sticks and 2tbps of reduced fat peanut butter! Yummy!
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I call it turnip :p
    I never liked it when my parents made it but my food tastes have changed so who knows ... maybe I should try it again!

Well I can't say that I have foods that help me lose weight (since I'm still at 0 lbs lost) but these foods have helped me be healthier: oats (they fill me up! great breakfast), shirataki noodles (OMG stir fry YUM), and just about any veggies.
  • 2delicio
    2delicio Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have always loved veggies and dressings/dips, but I have fallen in love with celery sticks since discovering Wishbone's Buffalo Ranch Dressing. It makes me feel like I am eating Hot Wings without the wings. But 2 TBSP tops, or your calorie & fat totals will skyrocket
  • jipus5
    jipus5 Posts: 9
    Options
    Be care ful with the sweet potatoes, it is a severe diuretic.....
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Steamed Broccoli... absolutely love it.

Plain popcorn is a miracle snack too. It allows me to shove my face without having to be too conscious of my calorie intake.

Love broccoli too, with Lemon juice!

Popcorn with a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.

Thomas's Hearty English muffin, split in half and topped with smoked salmon, feta cheese and capers...toasted in the oven.
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    Spaghetti Squash!!!!!

I also heart Oatmeal, sweet potatoes and homemade Kale chips...oh oh..and pumpkin muffins and chocolate protein shakes ..and this thread isnt long enough for me to list them all!
  • run17
    run17 Posts: 27
    Options
    Before a workout I like to eat a "doctor Kracker" 9 nine seed cracker with crazy Richard's chunky peanut butter. It is very filling! After a workout I make a protien smoothie with plain greek yogurt and vanilla whey protein powder with fruit or veggies. depends on my mood!
  • LiZzie1917
    LiZzie1917 Posts: 65
    Options
    Never tasted it. I'm excited to try new tastes. It looks like a beet.
  • LiZzie1917
    Options
    Does it ave high fructose syrup?
  • LiZzie1917
    Options
    I buy the Atlantic Salmon frozen a Costco. They are individually wrapped. Easy to defrost and ready in minutes. Delicious. I like to use flax seed meal as a batter. When seared in hot olive oil it fries up nice and crispy. The protein is very high, carbs low and, the high at us all good fat.
  • lalapurple62
    Options
    Mine is Swede, only 26 calories per 100g and I love it

A great replacement for mash potato , a very cleansing face pack and in an emergency a draft excluder.

Billy

My mom is from Scotland and has always called it a turnip. I love them! Most people I know haven't tried them either. I just hate peeling and cutting them!

Turnips and Swede are different?

Swedes in England and called Turnips in Scotland.

I have seen turnips in the supermarkets in London. They look like a swede but much smaller.

Same family i think, one is yellow flesh one is white.....
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Coconut Milk is great, and very low calorie. Makes your shakes much more satisfying than water, but at only about half the calories of milk.

Sounds yummy. I wonder if it would taste like pina colada if you blend it with pineapple? I'll have to try it out.
  • Lay821
    Lay821 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Fage Greek yogurt, spinach, Cod fish , and a few morning star products
  • johnsnana
    johnsnana Posts: 63
    Options
    I love "So Delicious" unsweetened coconut milk too. I also have an Atkins bar every night with a serving of PB2 mixed with 2 tsps of flax oil & a packet of stevia. Makes peanut butter (with healthy flax oil) to dip my atkins chocolate bar in! Only 6 net carbs.
    I also eat La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat Low Carb High Fiber Large Tortilla with taco bell fat free refried beans & kraft free cheddar cheese & 1 tbsp of olive oil & red pepper. Yummy healthy burrito
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Avocado. I know it's high fat and high cal but I can eat one of those and have to FORCE myself to eat more after.

So it is my secret diet food. Start off a meal with that and my subsequent meals are usually lower in cals because of how filling the avocado was.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes.

Just to clarify, Swedes and turnips are two completely different root vegetables. They are not the same thing.
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I buy the Atlantic Salmon frozen a Costco. They are individually wrapped. Easy to defrost and ready in minutes. Delicious. I like to use flax seed meal as a batter. When seared in hot olive oil it fries up nice and crispy. The protein is very high, carbs low and, the high at us all good fat.

Very good on the grill too!

Some of my quick grabs any time...

peanut butter on celery
    clif bars
    hummus
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Turnip has to be one of my favourite foods.

Granted I put salt on it >.>'
  • iloso
    iloso Posts: 156
    Options
    H Two Oh!
    0 calories, 0 sodium, 0 protein, Zero everything. When I feel hungry - water - when I feel thristy - water - when bored - water -. But then when I need to eat I eat my meal with water :)
  • sheltx_23
    sheltx_23 Posts: 4
    Options
    For a fried hashbrown/potatoe substitute I shred a large zuchinni, mix with an egg white, make patties and grill on both sides until brown. Love it when I need that "fake" carb fix