The "C" Word...

Options

Replies

• violetlight
    violetlight Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Kidney beans and brown rice. Super healthy and amazingly cleansing!
  • gogophers
    gogophers Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    As for where to get these things people are mentioning (I can't speak to the effectiveness or safety of them), your best bet is to find GNC or a similar store (like TVS mentioned above).

Do you exercise? That usually helps (I added that to my original post, but this topic grew pretty quickly so not sure if you saw it).
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Black Coffee? This works for me for some reason. But I think I might be a freak because apparently it's supposed to CAUSE constipation.

Is it possible you're too "obsessive" for lack of a better word about eating clean and not getting enough nutrients that might be in non clean food? Like fat, carbs etc etc
    Look at my diary I have a verywell balanced diet
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    Options
    As for where to get these things people are mentioning (I can't speak to the effectiveness or safety of them), your best bet is to find GNC or a similar store.

Do you exercise? That usually helps (I added that to my original post, but this topic grew pretty quickly so not sure if you saw it).

I workout evryday, cardio and strength
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Aloe Vera gels and magnesium!
  • jdruiz89
    jdruiz89 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried eating nopales? Those can do wonders. How about some good ole fashion, homemade prune juice.
  • gogophers
    Options
    As for where to get these things people are mentioning (I can't speak to the effectiveness or safety of them), your best bet is to find GNC or a similar store.

I workout evryday, cardio and strength

Maybe more stretching or something like yoga then? I'm just taking shots in the dark here; if you have really bad constipation and none of these things are working you may have some medical issue-as someone else mentioned- like a bowel obstruction or something that you should get looked at (IANAD).
  • Ldavies85
    Ldavies85 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Black Coffee? This works for me for some reason. But I think I might be a freak because apparently it's supposed to CAUSE constipation.

Is it possible you're too "obsessive" for lack of a better word about eating clean and not getting enough nutrients that might be in non clean food? Like fat, carbs etc etc

Black Coffee is actually a natural laxitive. It shouldn't be causing constipation. It helps me every morning! :/
  • Guines9
    Guines9 Posts: 137
    Options
    I work with a professional dietician. She recommends daily 30grams of fiber. You can go higher. Stay away from coffee. If you wish something very effective but not a chocolate lax, try herbal stimulant. Traditional Medicinals are great; especially organic Smooth Move. try it. here are some high fiber foods: Bran Ceral 19g; Black beans 13g; Lentils 13g; oatmeal 12g; Kidney beans 11 g; peas 8g; Brown rice 7 g; avocado 7 g; pears 7 g; Kale 7g; ; raspberries and strawberriess 6 g; whole wheat 6 g; squash 6 g; carrits 5g; apples 5 g; Baked potato 4g; Brocolli 4g; Grapefruit 3g; Orange 3g; banana 3g :flowerforyou:
  • ironicusername
    Options
    POOP! :laugh:

(Yeah, I'm five.)
  • fonitoni
    fonitoni Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I really, really have this problem too and what is working for me right now is taking digestive enzymes after every meal( you can get them anywhere- I've gotten them at GNC and Krogers) and probiotics ( which you already take). A lot of the other things that have been suggested do not work for me. I eat a very high fiber diet, I exercise and I drink a lot of water. The enzymes are working for me for now
  • gogophers
    Options
    I just looked at your diary (I just figured out how to do that :)). I don't know what "advocare" is, but it seems like you're eating/taking a lot of it/them. It's possible that that's causing your constipation. If some medical professional put you on this or something, ignore this statement.
  • Kimminer77
    Kimminer77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    AND MAGNESIUM WINS!!!!! Thanks guys, going to the store first thing!

Constipation! UGH major issue for me I have tried to correct it naturally and do okay for a bit but BAM it comes right back. Anyone else have chronic issues with this that can offer advice? Taking a laxative, softener, or cleanse every day is NOT healthy. I need different solutions. I am 100% clean eater at this point (see my diary if you don't believe me) and I do not consume dairy products or other binding products at all. I am SO frustrated, I feel like I have to go but NOTHING happens when I try. HELP!!!!! I have probably tried almost everything but at the chance I may not have I want to hear real life suggestions. THANK YOU! xoxo

I used to have bad constipation issues. Then I started using the vegan chocolate Shakeology shakes once a day. I noticed a difference in improved digestion on the 3rd day. I now "go" every morning at the same time almost everyday. I was really skeptical about Shakeo at first, but so glad that I gave it a shot. They have a "bottom of the bag" guarantee too, so if you don't like your results, you can return it, even if the bag is empty. If you want I can send you a link for more info through private message, just let me know!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Caster oil packs (DO NOT DRINK IT)! Put some on un-dyed flannel and place it on your tummy below your belly button with a heating pad on top of that for about 15 to 20 minutes at bedtime. Do not do the packs when "Aunt Flo" is visitting though. Also, you should talk to your doctor and maybe have some tests done. That can be a symptom of low thyroid and probably of other things too. Good luck and feel better. :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    seems that since I've lost some weight it's gotten very bad. I was just told by my doc to try citricell and MOM. So IDK they dont tell you this stuff in the weight loss handbook.
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    Options
    I work with a professional dietician. She recommends daily 30grams of fiber. You can go higher. Stay away from coffee. If you wish something very effective but not a chocolate lax, try herbal stimulant. Traditional Medicinals are great; especially organic Smooth Move. try it. here are some high fiber foods: Bran Ceral 19g; Black beans 13g; Lentils 13g; oatmeal 12g; Kidney beans 11 g; peas 8g; Brown rice 7 g; avocado 7 g; pears 7 g; Kale 7g; ; raspberries and strawberriess 6 g; whole wheat 6 g; squash 6 g; carrits 5g; apples 5 g; Baked potato 4g; Brocolli 4g; Grapefruit 3g; Orange 3g; banana 3g :flowerforyou:
    Thank You!!! xoxo
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    Options
    I just looked at your diary (I just figured out how to do that :)). I don't know what "advocare" is, but it seems like you're eating/taking a lot of it/them. It's possible that that's causing your constipation. If some medical professional put you on this or something, ignore this statement.

I had this problem long before using advocare but it is actually just vitamin packs that have probiotics, fish oil,and multi-vitamins. The catalyst is just chain amino-acids that help burn fat rather than lose muscle, and the thermoplex is a natural thermogenic.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Sorry if I'm repeating here, since I didn't read through all of the responses.

I just took my daughter to the doctor for chronic constipation, and learned that you should NOT eat bananas or apples, but that fruits with P's in them (think "p is for poop") are excellent. Peaches, pears, plums, pineapple. Also, surprisingly, watermelon has one of the highest fiber contents of all fruits. Track your fiber and make sure you're getting at least 20 grams per day. If that's not enough to get things moving, eat more until you find your balance.

Again, do NOT eat bananas or apples, which are binding. And stay away from white flour and white rice. Old-school moms know that the cure for diarrhea is the BRAT diet -- Bananas, Rice, Apples, Toast -- those will stop you up and are your enemies!
  • jebo1982
    jebo1982 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hot water with lemon always works for me (sometimes too well!)
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Try eating 7 - 10 dehydrated apricots. I've read about them on MFP before, for this same problem. Good luck!