30 day shred friends!

Options
12346»

Replies

• Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hullo! Yes, I finished Level 1, Day 2 today. It's not the hardest workout I've done, but I'm clearly out of shape, as evidenced by my panting and taking too many breaks!

The coolest part is that from my first day (yesterday) to my second (today), I can already feel a difference in my stamina and endurance. My push-ups were better --always a struggling point for me-- and I was able to go longer without stopping. Still the hardest part for me is the side-lunge/weight lift. Yuck.

The way I log it into my exercise diary is "Aerobics - General - for 30 minutes." That seems to cover it.

Anyway, good luck to you!
  • megmerriet
    Options
    I have been doing the 30 day shred for about two months. I can't seem to do it 30 days straight, but I usually compensate with elliptical or swimming on days I don't do it, unless I have an injury. I haven't lost much weight, but I have seen a huge difference in my body. It was noticable within three days of the workout. By the end of the first week I felt better about my body than I did when I was twenty pounds lighter. And it just keeps getting better. I have lost an inch of my waist, an inch off my hips and a quarter inch off my neck. Jillian is a harsh mistress, but she knows what she's doing.
  • handle123
    handle123 Posts: 62
    Options
    Hello everyone. Im starting the shred on Sunday, ill find it hard to do this 30 days straight and also go to the gym but im determined to see some results!

good luck with your journeys :)

FEE FREE TO ADD ME AS A FRIEND
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a HRM you can log it under circuit training (under cardio).

Finished L1D8. I'm debating whether to do level 1 again with a heavier weight rather than level 2 cuz I really didn't like level 2 the first time I did it and found it easy to persuade myself to takes days off.
  • bloooms
    bloooms Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday! I did day 1last night and day 2 this morning. My legs are killing me especially since I started c25k again (started on week 4) this week as well. I plan on taking Saturdays off every week and doing each level 10 days then going right into doing Ripped in 30 each level 6 times. I also want to start doing Butt Bible tomorrow and do that 4 days a week along with the shred. I am going on a small getaway with my boyfriend and withOUT the kids in 9 weeks and I really want to have lost these last 10lbs and be toned up!!! Good Luck everyone!!!!
  • Dgross1
    Dgross1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just checking in with the group to see how everyone is doing with 30DS...!
  • handle123
    Options
    Hiya

im doing day 3 tonight, had to start on Monday instead of Sunday.

Its ok, bit of a boring routine but over fairly quick. My arms hurt today as i have no upper body strength what so ever!!!
  • virgocoley
    virgocoley Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get it this weekend and I can't wait although I am a bit terrified. I have seen pictures people have posted and the results look incredible !!!
  • gonna_do_it_56
    gonna_do_it_56 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Started day 1. will be doing it every other day to start with. legs killing me.....
  • klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Day 5 Level 1 for me today and I'll tell you that the last 2 did feel a tiny bit easier, minus those damn pushups that are just a killer. The first couple days it was sooooooooo hard, and I'd get soooo frustrated. Well the last two days I decided to MUTE Jillian, her voice gets on my last nerve and I get sick of hearing her ask the girl "you're feeling it right, yeah, I think she's feeling it" with that damn smirk on her face..which makes me wanna throw my weights at the TV. How about you actually get a newbie to do the beginner part and maybe they'll be FEELIN' it like a newbie should. Anyways...now that I know the moves well enough, I mute the tv, and crank some music. Makes it go by MUCH faster and I don't feel so frustrated.

ok whoa...obviously I've got some hate for Jillian. She makes my muscles SORE. so there is some love there too. lol.

It's only 20 minutes..just get it done!
  • handle123
    Options
    i had to skip day 3 last night as was entertaining guests. Back on it tonight though!
  • leappleton
    Options
    Hi all, I am on day 5 of level 2 and I now officially hate the plank position!!! When I started level 2 I thought there was no way I could do this, I'm quite competitive with myself though and think in another 2 days or so I will be able to do the whole work out as it should be without the need to drop to my knees once out of plank!
    I must say though, Natalie is beginning to bother me with her smug smile at the camera all the time!! I keep shouting that she's not as good as she thinks she is as in level one you can see her cheat when the camera isnt on her she stops lunging!! Haha. Her thighs and Anita's abs certainly keep me motivated though!
    Good luck everybody x
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I just started Level 1 Monday. I'm hoping to lose inches instead of weight. I'm coming off a back injury so I've had some mobility issues but I'm finally starting to lossen up. I finished Level 1 day three last night and finally was able to do the jumping jacks without pain.

I've gone through the shred before and can't wait until level 2. I saw the biggest change in my body in that level. For those of you that feel the shred is too easy up the weights you use. I use 10lb dumbells and the chair squats with the V raise are freaking killer after the Military Press.
    I use the shred as a part of my circuit training and do 30 minutes of HIIT cardio, then the shred, I add ab exercises and additional dumbell exercises at the end and finish with another 30 minutes of HIIT.

THe best advice is to just keep moving. I could barely get through the shred the first time I did it but I didn't quit and it does get easier as you go along.
  • IH8W8
    IH8W8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday - OW! It was a good workout, kicked my butt but not impossible. Today, I'm hurtin'. I think this is going to be very effective.

I can't do a single pushup yet.