August Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• barbiedollgirl
    barbiedollgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am in for 40 miles. New so I would like to see how I do.

exercise.png
  • katymrose
    katymrose Posts: 78
    Options
    where do we get the tickers? is it on a different website? or here?

You can find them at www.tickerfactory.com
  • MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    For miles, do most people count only exercise miles or do you count all walking (like to and from work?).

For my first month, I'm only going to count exercise miles and set my goal at 36 miles. 3 miles per workout, 3 days per week is all my kids can handle in the stroller. I use my other workouts to get away from my kids and do an awesome 1 hour circuit training class 3 times/wk!
  • alikat789
    alikat789 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am in, I think i'll post my goal at 50kms. Not sure if this should be higher due to my soccer games. Guess tonight i'll try to wear the polar 700. Will get my ticker soon.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    Newb here. I love the idea of this! I'm going for 100 miles.

exercise.png
  • SerenityGelsinger
    SerenityGelsinger Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Do you have to put the link in every time? Or is there a way to get it to always show? I'm assuming you have to go back to the website where you made it to update it too right? And how do you find this post again?
  • SerenityGelsinger
    SerenityGelsinger Posts: 80 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • katymrose
    katymrose Posts: 78
    Options
    My goal this month is 60 miles...

exercise.png
  • Jesi0725
    Jesi0725 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm all in for August! I have done a lousy job of tracking my miles over the last two months, but I swear I've been moving! :blushing:

My goal for August is 100 miles, as I changed gyms and will be doing more running and less group fitness.

Please note, I changed my user name from 4Giules to Jesi0725. Can this be updated on the spreadsheet?

Happy moving everyone!

exercise.png
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Welcome to the old and new members. This challenge is now into its 22nd consecutive month :glasses:

Regarding the ticker question: Most of the people here use www.tickerfactory.com. After you prepare your ticker, you have to copy the bbcode and paste it in your post.

I keep track of the challenge numbers and all sorts of stats at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As57uSwFQUGJdC1OU0dvNEdQSXpWQzhfYjdTb1plWnc&pli=1#gid=77
    You will not be able to see the August sheet today. We're still in July.

Remember that after 500 posts (or 20 pages) the thread skips to another address. There will be a link <continued at this topic> , follow it. I'm telling you now as we keep losing people who can't find the continuation of the topic.

Got it! Thank you! Hope this works!

exercise.png
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Hoping for more running and less elliptical this month, so a lower mileage expected. Gonna set my goal at 90 for August. Thanks to both of you for administering this...I am loving it!
  • daisydmchick
    daisydmchick Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Newbi - I'm in for 100!
  • lilcrittert
    lilcrittert Posts: 105
    Options
    I'm in!! New to this so...50 miles? Sounds good to me!!
  • rnunl
    rnunl Posts: 15
    Options
    Another newb, in for 50 miles.
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    sorry, old, not computer savy enough, tried, cannot understand how this works, went to ticker factory, made thing, unclear how to paste on to mfp and what is this about tracking on spreadsheet, would love to do this and to track inches etc, sure wish mfp would let us track other things, perhaps a premium membership, I like to track my progress
  • lilcrittert
    Options

exercise.png
  • ValTheRizzle
    ValTheRizzle Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Newbie here! I do group classes weekly, so I'll lowball this month with 50 miles!

exercise.png
  • lilcrittert
    Options
    sorry, old, not computer savy enough, tried, cannot understand how this works, went to ticker factory, made thing, unclear how to paste on to mfp and what is this about tracking on spreadsheet, would love to do this and to track inches etc, sure wish mfp would let us track other things, perhaps a premium membership, I like to track my progress

Having the same issues...made the ticker but can't get it to "tick"...any advice would be great!!! Thanks!
  • jodrake5
    jodrake5 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Also a newbie. Joined today! For the month of August I am going to try for 40 miles.
  • jodrake5
    jodrake5 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

exercise.png