What is your secret diet food ?

Options

Replies

• kikay01
    kikay01 Posts: 1
    Options
    Chia seeds are AWESOME! I add them to all my drinks, including my protein shakes. They're nutritious (0 net carbs, loaded with fiber, protein and Omega-3s), easy to eat/drink (they taste like mini tapioca balls, so it feels like I'm always having desert when I eat/drink them), they fill you up (they absorb water and expand, keeping you feeling full and hydrated) and they give me the most amazingly cleansing and regular poops!
  • alisonamyw96
    Options
    I used to eat baked potato aloot before I was introduced to sweet potato , it is healthyer than the normal potato and when baked you can add anything as a topping my favorite is tinned tuna mixed with a little cottage cheese and add some chives or spring onion, keeps u feeling really full !! (I've just joined this site after a friend recommending it have recently lost 5ibs in. 3weeks hoping to loose more with this site!) Enjoiy!!
  • fionnagin
    fionnagin Posts: 2
    Options
    Might be a cop-out but I love ground turkey. I really like burgers and hate to give them up so I will have lean turkey patty with diced jalapeno and fat free feta cheese. with baked chips you ALMOST feel le you had a burger and fries. all on a very high fiber sugar free bun. never eat this after 5 PM if I can help it.
  • divalivious
    divalivious Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Quinoa,
    Greek yogurt usually liberte,
    pumpkin yogurt can be breakfast with some berries or a dessert with a graham cracker crushed over it,
    spaghetti squash love using it in replacement of noodles in stirfry and spaghetti,
    peanut butter (no sugar)
    making a peanut butter yogurt for my apples allows me to slather my apples in pb goodness without the guilt
    aussie black licorice panda is one of the few sugary treat outside of fruit
    honey greek yogurt frozen treat bars from superstore.. 100 calories and so yummy
    popcorn
    saute spinach with mushrooms and garlic... didnt think i would like it but omg its the only way to have saute mushrooms and garlic now.
  • Welshie_girl
    Welshie_girl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Vitalicious .... Chocolate one .... Gerber puffs.... Yup ... Baby food...
    I also put water in a pitcher and cut fresh fruit in it... Lemon, orange, apple ,peach.... Add fruit you like, let it sit overnight and next day you have flavored water ....
  • hiddensmiles21
    Options
    Arctic Zero ice cream, only 148 calories for the whole pint!

http://www.myarcticzero.com/

Wow, how did I not know about this?! awesome!

My fav is definately spagetti squash, I love pasta more than life and this is the best subsitute!
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs, nonfat plain yogurt (great mixed with shredded chicken and reduced fat cheese in a quesadilla/enchilada), fresh mozzarella/tomato salad, tuna salad made with light/low fat mayo.

I love the celery dipped in wing sauce idea, I'm definitely trying that!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I might go out tomorrow and get a hot air popcorn maker. We don't really need another gadgets in the kitchen but can't say no to low calories snacking.

I have always had a hot air popcorn popper (I think my current one is maybe 15 years old), and I make it for the kids with butter and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese as a special snack. I laughed the other day when we were given a microwave popcorn bag while out somewhere (some promotional thing). The kids had no idea what it was! LOL I popped it for them and they declared their "regular" popcorn to be much better. I wouldn't give it up. I can pop some for me and add some spicy chili powder to it for a kick and enjoy a low-cal snack that is tasty too.

I love roasted cauliflower seasoned with curry.
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    God I love swede, my Mum always makes it with a roast dinner. Mashed with butter and loads of black pepper however you can easily skip the butter and it still tastes good :)

My secret diet food is probably eggs, two eggs scrambled for breakfast is yummy and full of protein.
  • ClammyCupcake
    ClammyCupcake Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    There is a cherry tree near us and our friend picked us some and dehydrated them for us. Practically nothing in calories, and the flavor and tartness take care of any hunger cravings you may get in between meals. Kale chips are wonderful, stir fry with lots of colorful fresh chopped veggies and a little bit of chicken and tons of sriracha is practically nothing in calories and VERY filling for dinner, and spaghetti squash is a godsend. I can't live without spaghetti with homemade sauce, eat it about 3x a week and always have!
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    We make rutabega on holidays but add brown sugar and butter, so it's not a good diet food. Also, when you cook it the house smells dreadful.
  • dlibonati
    dlibonati Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I use these mung bean noodles, which are a super low calorie vermicelli in my stir-frys. An entire pack of 8 bundles is only 220 cals and I can easily get 3-4 portions out of it. Hardly miss chow mein noodles now!
  • rlbryce
    rlbryce Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    PB2, Powdered peanut butter. OMG! As soon as you get over the fact that you are eating powdered peanut butter, this has become my latest treat! Serving size says 2 Tablespoons, at 45 calories, 1.5 g fat, 5g carb, 2g fiber, 5g protein. But I only need 1 Tablespoon, or less.

Put a spoonful into a measuring cup, add a few drops of water, mix and voila - insane peanut butter that you don't have to feel guilty about. I add it to my morning Visalus smoothie and it was so delicious. Great to lick and dab your finger in for a quick fix. Oh, and it also comes in chocolate peanut butter flavor, but I haven't tried that yet.
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    Fresh report on my attempt at cooking with turnips since spotting this thread: I made vegetable soup yesterday (potatos, carrots, turnips) and with some milk, some butter, and a few seasonings I now have enough delicious food for a week for just over 100 calories a serving... So I am now a fan of turnip, haha. I wrote down the recipe if anyone is interested. =) New favorite soup for winter!
  • BillyPinky
    BillyPinky Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    enjoy :)
  • janehadji
    janehadji Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    This looks like a turnip to me, although the coloring is a bit different. I love turnips in soup! Just use a regular vegetable peeler -- they're harder to cut than to peel.
  • janehadji
    janehadji Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Mine is shiritaki noodles! It's only 40 calories for a whole bag! Imagine having a big plate of spaghetti for less than an apple!

Where do you buy them, and what are they made of?
  • Tashmayes
    Tashmayes Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have a few...oatmeal, egg whites, sweet potatoes, and greek yogurt.
  • blair_bear
    blair_bear Posts: 165
    Options
    Green tea ... 1 calorie, really kick-starts my metabolism, and if mixed with lemon it tastes great!
    ^^This, and Air.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I might go out tomorrow and get a hot air popcorn maker. We don't really need another gadgets in the kitchen but can't say no to low calories snacking.
    Throw a handful in a paper bag and microwave until it stops popping. Done.

Thats a good idea, do you not need any oil?

You don't. Google for Alton Brown microwave popcorn.