Replies

• gobifree59
    gobifree59 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! will check it out
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Women FT4 users...did you get the medium or s/xs cheststrap, and is that gel necessary? thx!
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I've had the FT4 for about 18 months, and it is more accurate than the gym machines and way better than the database on here. Also, at 50, I don't want to over-rev my heart, and makes me feel more confidant when running. I have no idea which model is best but the FT4 is very simple to use...
  • ClarkeEJ
    ClarkeEJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and its great. My hubby just got one too!
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Watch the chest strap sizes - I got the M-XXL and let out all the way it was very tight. I think my under-chest measurement (like where the bottom of a bra would fit) was around 50-52" at the time. Once I lost an inch or two, it was fine. They do make a XXX size if needed. There is also a Small, not sure of the dimensions there.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    FT7 and I love it!
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    FT4, love love love!!!
  • dkoroschetz
    dkoroschetz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    FT60 Picked it for it's options and option to use with strength training.

Is that the best one for strength training? That's mainly what I want to know!
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I think I have a Polar F6? I've had it for 3 years (I think) - I wear the watch 24/7 & the chest strap when exercising. I don't think the gel is necessary at all - I've never used it.

Needless to say, I love it!
  • Frauhammie
    Frauhammie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I got the Polar WearLink+ transmitter with Bluetooth for Christmas and it was the most frustrating thing for me. I just barely got it to work thanks to some updates on Endomondo (I think) and now I am very happy with it! It transmits all the data to Endomondo on my Droid and it syncs the My Fitness Pal and Fit Bit apps so I never have to enter any exercise data into my food journal!
  • cazwillis99
    cazwillis99 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Got the polar FT7 for my birthday 2 weeks ago - best present I have ever got. Wear it for all exercise and tested its waterproofness today as I went swimming for the first time. I also bought the flowlink from amazon so that I can download my data straight into the polar personal trainer website so I can monitor my exercise even better.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    FT60 and I'm in love <3

Do you do weight lifting with yours on? I have one as well.
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 - love it :)
  • riley_ransom
    Options
    FT40 it is awesome
  • dkoroschetz
    dkoroschetz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    FT60 and I'm in love <3

Do you do weight lifting with yours on? I have one as well.

What about this are you using for weight training? I'm working with a trainer right now so he's telling me when to begin again and timing me. Trying to figure out if I need the upper model. I'm mostly wanting it for calories burned.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Will have my FT40 tonight or tomorrow! Very excited!!!! ;-)
  • CandeesLand
    CandeesLand Posts: 200
    Options
    I've had the FT7 for about 1 1/2 years, and I really like it.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I have an ft80. I love it. Especially if you are going to lift weights!
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I use the FT7 and the FT40. They are accurate and dependable.
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    FT4 and FT7 are close in price ($10-$15 difference). FT7 does a little bit more, hence the little bit more price tag. Honestly I bought the FT7 because it tracked 99 workouts, looked better, and I got it for $8 more than the FT4. I've yet to hear anything bad about ANY of the polar products. I had a mio wrist monitor which was complete garbage. No matter what you get, get something with a chest strap. Do some digging around the forums, there are a lot of good resources here.