How much water do you drink?

Replies

• Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    I drink at least 72 to 100 ounces a day. I drink a lot because it helps me from bloating and it keeps me feeling well. It keeps my skin clear n if Im sitting at a desk all day, one easy thing I can do for myself is to keep water in. It is rare that I drink anything other than water, by choice.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    At least 1.5 gallons a day per the trainer....
    What was their reasoning? I'm curious.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Usually about 100 ozs
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    I drink anywhere from 12-16 cups a day.
  • BuckeyeBabe10
    BuckeyeBabe10 Posts: 204 Member
    I have a 20 oz bottle and I try to drink 3-4 bottles worth per day. Then counting coffee, tea or water I drink out a glass, my guess for myself is 80+ oz a day. You?

Going by your calculations (counting water, coffee, tea, etc., all water-based liquids) - I drink anywhere between 88-120oz per day depending (11-15 glasses; at least 8-10 of those are straight water).

I also love Vitamin Water Zero, but I never count that in my water intake in my diary. I reserve my "water count" in my food diary to strictly pure water (tap or bottled). Everything else that's a water based beverage goes into my food diary.
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    A minimum of 64 ounces of just water, every day. I also add some to my daily smoothie which I don't measure out, and sometimes I have other drinks.
  • erikapereira
    erikapereira Posts: 196
    between 8-12 cups a day
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    I have, on average, 64 ounces a day of just water. Somedays, more but I always try to hit at least those 8 glasses.
  • MrDel
    MrDel Posts: 33
    I have a 1ltr bottle I carry with me at work and drink 2+ of those during the workday then 5-6 glasses when i get home and during workout.

Total probably 2.5-4 ltrs, 80-115 Oz.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    For people who drink 150+ why do you drink that much? Of course drinking too little water is a problem but being excessively thirsty can be a sign of problems too.

On my average workout (a bit over an hour long) I can lose 4lbs or more from sweating; if I don't drink it back, I feel like garbage. I go to the doctor regularly so I know for me personally; it's not some type of disease, It's just how I am. :-)

I also live in south central Texas,where it's normally 100+ for a good chunk of the year. If you don't drink enough, you will dehydrate quickly.

Same here in Arkansas......it's 100+ degrees a lot here (108 yesterday) and when I run 3+ miles a day in heat like that, I have to drink a lot of water ALL day to stay hydrated.
  • amillerwvu
    amillerwvu Posts: 54 Member
    I usually drink between 80 and 100 ounces of water a day. I actually love water...and I drink a LOT of no matter what I drink...tea, water, alcohol. When it's summer, I drink so much more. During the school year, I have to slack off bc I can't be going to the bathroom every hour!
  • whitty147
    whitty147 Posts: 12
    120-140 ounces a day
  • connette51
    connette51 Posts: 16 Member
    I love this idea of numbering the bottles. I lose track of how many I drink!
  • AndrewTCarr
    AndrewTCarr Posts: 5 Member
    I drink about 14 glasses a day. One bottled water equals 2 glass of water. I have been getting through 4 bottles during my workout and the rest comes throughout the day. It is easy to do; choose water over soda and limit caffeine drinks.

To your health,

Andrew T. Carr
    #ProjectHealthySexy
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    I drink 2-5 liters a day.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Upwards of a gallon a day. And thats not including coffee,tea or the occasional seltzer
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    I guess that makes sense if you live in a hot climate! I just can't imagine drinking so much, even though it has been pretty hot here in Ohio lately. When I hear about people drinking lots and lots of water the first thing I always think of is diabetes or diabetes insipidus... just making sure we have no undiagnosed medical conditions here, haha.
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    I bought a tupperware reusable cup with a lid. It holds 24oz and I fill it up about 5 times a day. I take it everywhere with me.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    I guess that makes sense if you live in a hot climate! I just can't imagine drinking so much, even though it has been pretty hot here in Ohio lately. When I hear about people drinking lots and lots of water the first thing I always think of is diabetes or diabetes insipidus... just making sure we have no undiagnosed medical conditions here, haha.

It's a legitimate concern. :smile:
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    usually I drink atleast 64 ounces in the day and maybe another 32-64 in the evening. some days it is much more, some is a little less