Laughing cow cheese.....what to do with them?

Options
LJ102011
LJ102011 Posts: 110
I am looking for some ideas for laughing cow cheese. What do you make with them?

Replies

• Emily_fitat30
    Emily_fitat30 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Melt them in jacket potatoes, 10mins before the potato is due to come out of the oven put half a cheese in, then no need for butter or toppings, lovely with salad or beans X
  • DMZH78
    DMZH78 Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm sure you have heard of her.... The Hungry Girl? Well she has some REALLY good cookbooks (website too!) and she uses laughing cow for pretty much everything that calls for cheese!

Check them out!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I used them as a spread on sandwiches or wraps. On occasion, when I am feeling veggies, I'll put it on celery, broccoli, etc. The Light Creamy Swiss flavor is 35 cals. They're all pretty tasty.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    They have tons of recipes on their website

http://www.thelaughingcow.com/all-recipes/
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Pasta sauce!
  • bsudano
    bsudano Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I spread mine on a slice of homemade banana bread for breakfast yesterday. Typically I'll spread it on rye toast or pita bread. I'd be interested to hear some more unconventional uses :tongue:
  • Psufilmgirl
    Psufilmgirl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I just had a sample at Trader Joe's. It was their corn tortilla seasame flats, broken into smaller pieces, with the garlic and herb laughing cow cheese and this pinot grigio infused salami. It was so awesome I bought everything on the spot. I highly recommend! And the flats are fairly low carb, 18 grams for 3, if you are watching carbs!
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    In scrambled eggs! Spread it on apple slices. Put it on a toasted bagel or english muffin with tomato slices.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I posted this in another thread about Laughing Cow, but the same applies; pop it inside large mushrooms and sprinkle some herbs and Parmesan on top. Then bake. Delicious. <3
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I spread on toast and eat with eggs
    spread on crackers
    in place of mayo on a sandwich
    somewhere I found a recipe for alfredo sauce using LC
    Mix with spaghetti squash

I like the potato idea someone else said!
  • falamoyacrava
    falamoyacrava Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I spread it on ham slices, and then roll them up and cut them up in salad. SO GOOD, can't even believe it!
  • Gyllain
    Gyllain Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • WickedDancerr
    WickedDancerr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Melt them and eat them. Plain. I love them.
  • paloja
    paloja Posts: 1
    Options
    I put half a piece on a wasa rye cracker with berries on top!
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    "Take 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese and 1 wedge laughing cow swiss cheese and mix in 1 cup cooked quinoa when it's still hot and you have a nice mac and cheese substitute" - Somebody in another thread.

I am going to try this asap. At our house the plain ones go on sandwiches instead of mayonnaise, the chipotle ones get mixed with reduced calorie mozzarella and go in burritos instead of fattier cheeses, the sundried tomato ones get mixed into hot pasta instead of alfredo sauce or lots of parmesan, and the french onion ones get fought over for every conceivable use from crackers to toast to spread on warm flat bread to be so delicious it would make the angels weep.

edit: This is truly the greatest of threads. Keep telling us what you do with those delicious cheesy wedges, please!
  • s0987
    s0987 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My favorites are:

'Light Garlic & Herb' spread on halved cucumbers

'Swiss' melted with Shirataki noodles, broccoli & cubed chicken (makes for low-cal version of mac & cheese!)

and simply broccoli and cheese, which you can do with any flavor!
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Use a vegetable peeler to make noodle-like slices of zucchini. Cook the zucchini in a skillet with about 1/3 cup of chicken broth. After a few minutes, add a wedge or two of Laughing Cow cheese and cook until the cheese is melted into a thick sauce. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i put the light swiss ones on cucumbers nommmmmmmm (or at least i DID before i found out i was lactose intolerant)
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options
    I usually put them on my bagels, or fish tacos.
  • BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    I love to toast a pita in the oven with light olive oil when you take it out put laughing cow cheese on it and top with a veggie omelet in the morning for breakfast :-) It is also great on celery.