WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2012

Options
1343536373840»

Replies

• alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'll be 50 in September, but figured it's close enough. This week has been pretty droopy for a lot of people, from about last Thursday onward. Don't know if it's heat, astrology, weather, or just life, but I am just trying to catch up with water, food, sleep, after spending a week with older rockstar buddies. Man, I'm a little older than I used to be, but delighted with the way I looked this year in photos (including the one on my profile here, with Peter Buck of REM) as opposed to last year--
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    P.S. There is an actual group here called something like 'menopausal and perimenopausal women', if that might interest some of you to join--
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,383 Member
    Options
    Did 45 minutes of Richard Simmons Sweating To The Oldies tape. To me, there wasn't much cueing. But that might be because I'm not used to the DVD, so I'm going to do it again tomorrow (want to be here when the guys for the pool get here). I do think that someone who does a lot of Zumba will get it. At least, it looked like some of the gals in the DVD were Zumba-types. I must say, tho, that I drank 24oz, and didn't realize how fast the time flew by.

fonitoni - buying new clothes is always so wonderful!

Got up this morning, exercised, then went to do some of my running around, went to Walgreens (they didn't have the thing I wanted), Lowes foods, stopped at the vet to get more med for Loki (got a 3 month supply, cheaper than a 1 month supply), went to another Lowes to see if they carried Vince's yogurt (they didn't). When I pulled into the vet's I saw a friend of mine. Seems he was just there putting his dog down. His wife couldn't even go with him. So I made a cake for them and will take it over tonight since I want to be here early tomorrow for the pool guys. I also made some chocolate rice krispie bars for the guys, I really should have used more rice krispies. I just made some turkey meatballs. In case someone wants to come over Friday to see the pool, I can make some sauce and put it in the crockpot. If worse comes to worse, something ELSE for the freezer. I was leaving a certain space for when I got more corn on the cob so I could freeze it. Vince thinks there's just something about corn on the cob, he doesn't want me to take it off the cob. Well, he saw the room in the freezer and figured we can easily get the ice in there for the drinks for the guys tomorrow. We can...for now....but come Sat. I'm buying corn. Guess I'll just have to find somewhere else for the ice. Maybe it's a good thing that the guy who sells the good corn wasn't at the farmer's market this past Sat. because we'll eat a lot of the frozen veges so that'll leave room in that part of the freezer, maybe I can put the ice there.

DeeDee - oh, yuk, all that fried food. I know if I have too much fried anything, my stomach starts to bother me. Guess that's one of the side effects of eating healthily. Maybe you can take the skin off the chicken? I know, that doesn't solve the problem totally. Congrats on the weight loss!

Made those granola bars with the fresh figs yesterday. I don't think I'll use fresh fruit any more, the dried is better. Even tho it doesn't have as much liquid, the fresh fruit gave just a wee bit too much. Well...live and learn....and die a fool!

Jen - feel better soon!

Polly - lots of time I use the crystallized lemon called "True Lemon". I just add that to the water. No calories, but it adds a little bit of "zing" to the water.

Well, tomorrow is the big day. They start the excavation for the pool. I'm really excited. I've waited five years for this, now it looks like it's going to become a reality. Hope I can sleep tonight!

Here's hoping everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • muffintopteri
    Options
    Hi ladies, have just found this group and reading through some of your posts I can't believe how supportive you all are. Had a couple of dreadful early experiences with posting on this website and some people can be quite bizarre and rude, so I stayed confined to my group of friends. Now it's time to venture out again, but carefully choosing where this time!

.... Gillian

I agree with Gillian here. I have been on and off mfp and I find that anytime I post something the comments are all over the place. I keep reading how supportive everyone is on mfp but I've found rude and mean people as well.
    I am only 49 but I have no where to go on this site that isn't full of young people who can workout these incredible programs. I don't have a lot to lose but I do want to feel better and this is my bigger issue. I have a feel minor health issue that keep me on medication that makes me tired. Also I'm sort of lazy by nature so that doesn't help ;-) and lately I've been eating too much!! I just feel like I can't stick with anything. I workout for a while or I eat great for a while and then I'm back to lousy. I don't know if I can be a part of the 50+ group but I know I don't seem to fit in anywhere else.
  • juicygurl1
    juicygurl1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, I turned 50 on July 8th. I had joined this site last year and fooled around with ups and downs, excuses and real issues. I really want to bring my size, scale and BMI down to a healthy achievement. I enjoy giving and recieving support, so if anyone is interested in friending me go right ahead. :-)
  • jaks97
    jaks97 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'll be 50 in September, but figured it's close enough. This week has been pretty droopy for a lot of people, from about last Thursday onward. Don't know if it's heat, astrology, weather, or just life, but I am just trying to catch up with water, food, sleep, after spending a week with older rockstar buddies.
    It is Mercury Retrograde so all kinds of weirdness

Polly on the water: I don't drink soda I have 2 cups of coffee and during they day I refill my 16 oz water bottle a few times. When I get home at least 3 or more 8 ozs with icecubes. But try to flavor the water
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

@Laura8011-- How fun on going for a drive being able to see all the wildlife.

@megblair1--good goals. Glad to hear that your dog is 100 % and that sounds like fun and very serious bout your wrks biggest loser contest.

@tiarapants-- Amanda those antibiotics though help us certainly can do a number on us.

@DeeDee-- yes agree loving all this fresh fruit and veggies, Which I could have this year round.

@exermom-- Michelle, I use Richard Simmons Sweetin to the Oldies Vol !! I like it but I am still pretty much a novice at this seems hard to me. But maybe not to others who have been working out more.

My goals for August is to eat salads at ever dinner Exercise for at least 40-45 minutes at least 5 x's a week.

Today went good. Nothing to exciting or different to add. I hope everyone is feeling well.
    Take care Liz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    It is already August for many of you and almost August for those of us on the west coast of the US

:bigsmile: It's time to start the new thread for August.

here is the link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/689358-women-ages-50-for-august-2012
  • djhobs
    djhobs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Am a little under the weather today so stayed home from work and no tennis or other exercise...maybe tomorrow...having a little trouble getting motivated again but am confident it will come back..

Welcome to all of the new ladies..I have found so many inspiring stories and helpful info on this thread:flowerforyou:

Have a good evening

:heart:
    Jen
  • barbiecat
    Options
    We have a new thread for August.......join us there

here is the link

• BettyLucille
    BettyLucille Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like your attitude. Some days it is hard, especially when the scale seems to be stuck for weeks at a time. But I look at it this way, it is not going up and as long as we hang in there, we get healther and our journey is much more pleasant into the next half of our lives. Have a great day.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    We have a new thread for August.......join us there

here is the link