You KNOW you've lost weight when....

Options

Replies

• momsie8
    momsie8 Posts: 16
    Options
    You KNOW you've lost weight when.. you can now button your button-up shirts!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I KNOW I've lost weight when my little 17 1/2 month olds legs can fit around my waist and actually clamp on to my hips to help me a little when carrying him!!!

WOOOHOOO!!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    You KNOW you've lost weight when....

- Your wardrobe changes. No more t-shirts that give your torso the shape of a cardboard box....you've got a waist now, and you gotta show it!
    - Your neighbors below ask if you've been gone because the floors don't squeak as much (sorry about that!)
    - You DARE to try on that dress a size smaller.
    - Your dresses and skirts are hitting your leg in the right spot INSTEAD of the inch or so higher that made your legs look stumpier in the first place.
    - And when you pile into a car full of friends, you get to be the person who sits in another's lap instead of being squashed. (sweet!)
    - Mirrors don't seem quite as scary as before.
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    You KNOW you've lost weight when your bras are ALL too big! :sad:
    Girl, I wish I had that problem! If I could only put my boobs where my butt is, I'd be just fine! My boyfriend has nicknamed me "Nassless"---no *kitten*!
    YEAH i have the same thing.. My boyfriend calls me his little miss no *kitten*... NICE.. but i gotta say i wish my bra would move to my butt..lol :happy:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Girl, I wish I had that problem! If I could only put my boobs where my butt is, I'd be just fine! My boyfriend has nicknamed me "Nassless"---no *kitten*!
    YEAH i have the same thing.. My boyfriend calls me his little miss no *kitten*... NICE.. but i gotta say i wish my bra would move to my butt..lol :happy:
  • kishwaukeegrad02
    Options
    :wink: when you look in the mirror and smile because your face is not so round
    Still waiting for that to happen. I am new here and really overweight. I am miserable in my own skin. Any suggestions? I am doing ww but using this website because it is free and there seems to be more support.
  • kishwaukeegrad02
    Options
    I totally understand the sitting in the middle and being squashed.
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    :wink: when you look in the mirror and smile because your face is not so round
    Still waiting for that to happen. I am new here and really overweight. I am miserable in my own skin. Any suggestions? I am doing ww but using this website because it is free and there seems to be more support.
    Welcome. I have a lot of weight to lose too and have found the people to be very supportive. I'm sure you will too. Just think before long we will be experiencing some of these things firsthand! :smile:
  • Me_Im_2b
    Me_Im_2b Posts: 165
    Options
    ... You actually enjoy getting dressed in the morning, because your clothes actually fit!
    and
    When you seem to be spending less money, because you don't have to keep buying larger sizes of clothes! :happy:
  • jesusgrl14
    jesusgrl14 Posts: 250
    Options
    ...your grandmother's ring fits because you have now lost finger fat!! :laugh: I had no idea that i would lose finger fat! Hilarious!
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    bump and ..

you can dry your pants ALL the way in the dryer because you don't have to worry about them shrinking (and even hope they do shrink a little)
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    you look at a picture of yourself from behind and can't believe it's really you because THAT person is so small!

you actually have a lap again!
  • tracypaprocki
    Options
    you don't cry or feel bad when you buy new clothes. it's actually exciting to see the changes even in the harse department store lighting.
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    you fit into the clothes your mom gave you because she had lost weight lol
    i have a heap of 18s my mom gave me and i even wore one of the tops out the other night. thanks mfp you helped me get there soon they will all be too big lol
  • ciekay
    ciekay Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :laugh: omg that is so true!!
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    you know you've lost weight when your friend says to you, you know, since you've lost weight, you don't have a butt! you kind of have a pancake *kitten*.

um...thanks??
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    When your roomate has an old friend who happens to be a cute girl, and he tells you that he's not comfortable with you going out for drinks with them since she 'thinks you are cute'. :laugh:

No lie, happened just last night. :laugh:

What's that feeling? Is it maybe....confidence in my looks creeping up? Maybe, or it could just be gas. Probably gas. Oh well. :grumble:

:wink:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    When your roomate has an old friend who happens to be a cute girl, and he tells you that he's not comfortable with you going out for drinks with them since she 'thinks you are cute'. :laugh:

No lie, happened just last night. :laugh:

What's that feeling? Is it maybe....confidence in my looks creeping up? Maybe, or it could just be gas. Probably gas. Oh well. :grumble:

:wink:

OMG - are you serious sarge??? She didn't even run screaming??? LOL!! Seriously though - of course she thinks you're cute. You are :wink:
  • gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    Options
    you want to tuck in your shirt
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options

:sad: I KNOW ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!:cry: