My thighs touch and I like it!

Options

Replies

• fueledbychange
    fueledbychange Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've heard it just has to do with your bone structure. Girls with wide pelvic bones tend to have the gap more naturally.

It's true. Some people are physically NOT capable of having a thigh gap because of their bone structure, no matter how much weight they lose.
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I never realized that people have thighs that don't touch until my little sister brought it to my attention a few months ago! Its pretty hereditary that in my family, even if you're smaller, you're going to have thick legs, so I'm used to seeing thighs touching...lol. But I've talked to one of my friends and she said she hates the fact that hers DON'T touch because she feels a lot less womanly...
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    As soon as I read the title of this post, Katy Perry's "I kissed a girl" went on full blast in my head. :ohwell:
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I always personally thought the thigh gap looked awkward and unnatural, but that doesn't mean it's any less attractive. It's all personal preference, when it comes down to it.

Having "thunder thighs" my whole life has taught me a trick: My jeans would wear out in the thigh area, like many of you are saying, as well. It got to be really frustrating, I'm picky about jeans and have hefty calves as well, so that perfect fit is hard to come by for me. I would want those perfect fit jeans to last as long as possible! So, when my jeans would start fraying on the thighs, I'd turn the pants inside out and put an iron-on denim patch. You can get a pack of 2 patches for about 3 dollars at Wal-mart. The patch is on the inside, so you can't see it, but I've had it increase my jean life soooo much, I still have a pair of jeans from 2009 that I wear all the time, which is nice. And once the denim patch wears out, if the jeans are still in decent shape otherwise you can just slap another patch on there. Just thought I'd share! :)
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Haven't had a gap between my thighs since puberty, regardless of my weight or degree of being in shape. I think it all depends on the body type. I'm an hourglass.
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I just learned about thigh gap myself here on mfp. I would like to have thighs that don't make my shorts ride up - if that means i want thigh gap then so be it =P
  • tshirt_tt
    tshirt_tt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Glad someone is talking about this, I hate mine and after reading that some skinny people have thighs that touch, it makes me feel a lot better. I personally don't like it and don't where skirts in the summer because I don't like the feeling, but now I don't feel like it's not normal, thanks for all that posted.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Thigh gap or not, my goal is to appreciate my body rather than care whether a little bit of fat/muscle touches together. Honestly, my legs are one of my proudest accomplishments for weight loss and I think they look amazing, but I don't have a gap at all. I'm just pleased that I can see muscle definition in my legs now.
  • KellyAlyssa84
    Options
    I'm at the point now where I wear little spandex shorts under my skirts/dresses. I long for the day I "fall into the gap". Ha!

That being said, I love how firm and toned my legs have gotten. love them :love:
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    I don't necessarily am dying for the gap.... but would appreciate the fat pouch to go away! The gap would be great but we will see what my body has in store for me!
  • kaubin97
    kaubin97 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Like others, I don't care gap or not. I'm just tired of ruining my Jeans in record time from the rub!! URGH
    I doubt mine thighs wud ever gap but hoping when I'm more fit then the rub just won't be as rough :)
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I just have a wide set vagina and a heavy flow
  • KellyAlyssa84
    Options
    I just have a wide set vagina and a heavy flow

I'm sorry. Wait, are you complaining here? :smile:
  • Tanisse
    Tanisse Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't like my thigh's touching. I have track and field type of thighs so they are thick. I wear a size 8 in jeans, but if I can get my thighs tight and toned then I don't mind it. But not fat thighs touching. eek
  • natashiag
    Options
    Didn't realize that this was a "thing"... lol I'm still overweight and I have a thigh gap for the first two inches, never really paid any mind to it and thought it came with the territory of having big hips.
  • steffanyjames
    steffanyjames Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it so much, since I don't have the body type that will have a gap (and thats okay) the only thing that annoys my about it is that I go through jeans from the leg rubbing like crazy. I don't even buy expensive jeans anymore since in 6-8 months they will we so warn down. I agree it looks sexy (if you have the right body frame)

HA! ME TOO! I go through jeans as well. One pair I got patched like 4 times because they were the best pair of Guess skinny jeans I've ever had and couldn't live without them. It's annoying, but I have found spinning to help my legs tone up and I don't notice the rub AS much, but it's still there. It probably will be forever, and that's okay with me.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Haven't had a gap between my thighs since puberty, regardless of my weight or degree of being in shape. I think it all depends on the body type. I'm an hourglass.

I'm an hourglass and when I'm at my ideal size, my thighs don't touch.
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Ew. Thigh gaps are gross. Emaciated gross.

Curves are sexy on women. When I see women who are so skinny that they have the thigh gap, I think- "She's too thin." When I see women who are FIT with curves I think, "Damn-- I want to look like THAT!"

There are a lot of women who are fit and healthy who have thigh gaps because their bone structure dictates it. How would you feel if I said, "when I see women with broad shoulders I think 'ew! they are like football players!'" Or any other bone-based comment? Would you call me a b|tch for it? Probably.

So, please think twice about calling someone gross for the body they were given, mmkay?

^^ THIS and we're all on this site to better our health and bodies- which ever way we are intending to do so. Many of us have been joked and ridiculed throughout life b/c of the way we look. The last thing we should do is bring down OTHER people for their bodies- especially since it MAY not be something they can control. This site is for people to be SUPPORTIVE - not to joke others. I personally don't welcome rude comments- so keep them to yourself!

Agreed. Everyone has different body types and even women who are naturally petite and "skinny" struggle with their body image too. Curvy bodies are beautiful and petite ones are also!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Even at a size 4 I didn't have a thigh gap. Body type I guess, never really thought about it.

Same! It's never going to go away. Even after dropping to a size 2/4.
    Damn genetics....
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I don't have a thigh gap but my thighs don't chafe. I don't fit in either category :'(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!