It is Chick Fil A Day....Time for

Options

Replies

• invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    The problem with Chick Fil-A is that they are actively promoting hate towards others. I have some gay friends (male and female), and they're totally normal, decent people -- as most of us already know.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Someone needs to start investing in a Chick-on-Chick-Filet. I would eat there.:laugh:

Damn...
  • jrwatson87
    Options
    perfect day for a large serving of ignorance and homophobia? shame..
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    As far as I can tell, there are three points to make.

1. They have the right to their opinion.

2. Those opposed have a right to protest and not give patronage, seeing as it's their dollars going toward causes they don't believe in.

3. It is an incredibly stupid business move that alienates a good deal of their customers and causes them to consider politics when all they want is a chicken sandwich, and it is duly unfair to the franchisees who own the businesses and will suffer for it.

*I'm gonna include a 4. for good measure:

4. At least they told us where they're donating their money so we could make a conscious decision not to support them. :heart:

Raising Cane's is better anyway.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Is Chick fil a mistreating anyone?
    They publicly announced their disapproval of gay marriage. And midgets.

But they don't refuse to serve them so what's the big deal?

That's sort of the point.......they'll happily take their money WHILE trying to take their rights.
  • DENALI2017
    Options
    Is Chick fil a mistreating anyone?
    They publicly announced their disapproval of gay marriage. And midgets.

wtf midgets to.......dang it now i cant eat jesus chicken......

Chick Fil A hates midgets too? Whos next Rednecks?
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Gotta love a bunch of bigots using a book written about their imaginary friend as a reason to hate strangers...yay

Love they neighbour...

Yeah, because this isn't a biggoted response at all...

My thoughts exactly.. its surprising how it's okay to hate and make fun of my religion... I guess that bigot thing only works one way?
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Time for nothing. I didn't eat there and won't there now. Too expensive for my taste, my home cooked chicken sandwiches are a heck of a lot better. Fast food, regardless of whatever they stand up or down for, is not on my menu :tongue:
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of mixed feelings on the whole Chick-fil-a controversy. On one hand, LGBT rights are very important to me, as I have many, many LGBT friends and I believe they deserve equal rights. Our money and our purchases do make a difference, and purchasing good from a corporation who has values that don't align with mine makes me uneasy. On the other hand, Chick-fil-a isn't the devil like many people are making them out to be, as they work to send their employees to college and such as well. And really, they're a symptom of the problem and not the cause. Not eating Chick-fil-a is only a small, small piece of being an LGBT activist. Not to mention many corporations have beliefs and policies I disagree with.

I suppose it's all sort of a moot point as I almost never eat fast food these days anyway. I rarely ate there to begin with (though I do love their food). I certainly won't be getting any Chick-fil-a today, which is essentially about showing support for their anti-marriage stance, and honestly, I'll probably feel bad eating there any time in the near future. But again, I rarely eat fast food anyway, so it doesn't really make a huge difference to me.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I don't see why everyone is so butt hurt over a religious companys stance on homo sex and same sex marrige. I go there to eat their chicken I could care less what their beliefs or how much they pray to a sky wizard.

this!!!

plus if you boycott them you're honestly just hurting the individual franchise owners. Those are just people working, who may or may not share those same views
    I'm sorry. Franchise owners at this point know what kind of beliefs the company holds, it's their own fault.
    There are plenty people who don't give a flip about human/gay rights left in America. And they'll all be happily putting their smiling pics holding Chik fil A bags on twitter.
    I just care too much to be one of those people.
  • GC_Hutson
    Options
    Someone needs to start investing in a Chick-on-Chick-Filet. I would eat there.:laugh:
    They did. It's called Hooters.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    YAY CHIK-FIL-A for exercising your free speech!!! And I mean that with ALL sincerity. Seriously. However, I will exercise MINE (free speech that is) in a capitalist fashion, but not giving them my money.

God Bless America!
  • invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    [/quote] You are wrong. Nothing about politics has been discussed thus far. The fact that you think intolerance is a political issue is a bit scary actually. [/quote]

^ I completely agree.
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    theoneandonlybrookie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Mmm I'll take a heaping helping of hate with a side of homophobia, please!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Chick Fil A is just like any other company, except their views are more publically known. Does your dentist support gay marriage? Your mechanic? How about the guy cashing you out at the grocery store? All of those people take your money and donate part of it to their own particular views. Should we only purchase goods and services from people who share our exact beliefs? Should be discriminate against anyone who disagrees with us? Should we go even further and try to ban them out of our city? Why not just save time and partition our country into multiple regions and segregate everyone with people of their similar beliefs. Seriously. Are we degenerating to the point that we can only associate with people like ourselves? Can't we coexist with people of different beliefs? Gay rights is supposed to be about acceptance and freedom to be who you are. Trying to ban companies(and their wouldbe future employees) from cities because of their views is no different. You don't stop discrimination by discriminating back. It's ridiculous.

Nicely said.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I don't see why everyone is so butt hurt over a religious companys stance on homo sex and same sex marrige. I go there to eat their chicken I could care less what their beliefs or how much they pray to a sky wizard.

I don't think it's so much their stance on their beliefs, but more of what organizations their profits go towards.

This.
    I still have not explained to the children why we won't be going to eat there. But a LOT of money they put towards groups I just do not believe it at all.

Then my question is - Do you know every organization every place you eat out donates money to? I highly doubt it, I think you just choose this one in particular. But hey everyone has the freedom of religion and the right to free speech - until someone gets their panties in a wad. To each their own.
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options

I don't think it's so much their stance on their beliefs, but more of what organizations their profits go towards.

Bingo. Not to mention they're awful to their employees (as I've seen first-hand). Never again.
  • ksmilgirl2010
    Options
    :( They make me sad. . . it could be b/c I'm a vegetarian or b/c I'm pro LGBT-marriage. . . :ohwell:

I'm not a vegitarian by any means but i loved your response, they make me sad too- i'm pro equality to everyone, even like to think i had some say in the repeal of DADT since i'm a soldier and filled out a survey about how it would effect me if there were openly gay people in the military- i knew a few at the time even, no problems arised even though they were the same gender as me (as in we shared open bay, latrines and locker rooms) also, on the dead chicken note :( the things companies do to chickens to get the "most" profit are disturbing :( i would like to have the companies (normally smaller ones) who treat thier animals with dignity and respect to be more affordable but that takes time and money to actually care for the animals- even though i want to eat the chicken doesnt mean i want it tortured :(
  • Asil02
    Asil02 Posts: 261
    Options
    I got mine today! Completely BLEW my diet. But that is okay because I'd been in a big deficit the past week or so! It was DELICIOUS!!
  • LauRoxx
    LauRoxx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm not that upset about CFA being anti-gay considering who they are, but I'm actually very upset about the mass amounts of people going out to support it. Yes they have a right to say they're against it, but I feel that most people going out for CFA Appreciation Day are doing it as an anti-gay act rather than a 1st amendment defensive action.
    All I see is hate from this.
This discussion has been closed.