It is Chick Fil A Day....Time for

Options
1234568»

Replies

• FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I don't see why everyone is so butt hurt over a religious companys stance on homo sex and same sex marrige. I go there to eat their chicken I could care less what their beliefs or how much they pray to a sky wizard.

No one, and I do mean NO ONE is "butt hurt over their beliefs." Feel free to believe anything you want. It's about contributing large sums of money to organizations with the expressed intent of enforcing their religious beliefs on others that is the problem. People who are refusing to patronize them are doing so because we don't want to help fund people campaigning to deny us rights. What I do in bed and who I marry doesn't harm you, so it's not yours or the government's business.

Just so you understand that it's NOT about what they BELIEVE, it's about what they DO.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Is Chick fil a mistreating anyone?
    They publicly announced their disapproval of gay marriage. And midgets.

wtf midgets to.......dang it now i cant eat jesus chicken......

Chick Fil A hates midgets too? Whos next Rednecks?
    Everyone hates rednecks. We kinda dig the negative press.

yeah i get a chuckle every time i tell someone "they gots a purdy mouth..".
  • reojames
    reojames Posts: 96
    Options
    Gotta love a bunch of bigots using a book written about their imaginary friend as a reason to hate strangers...yay

Love they neighbour...

Yeah, because this isn't a biggoted response at all...

My thoughts exactly.. its surprising how it's okay to hate and make fun of my religion... I guess that bigot thing only works one way?

Excellent point! Well said.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Folks,

Just a note that this thread is likely to breach the "no political threads" guideline in very short order.

To prevent that, I would recommend picking up this topic in a group or in wall posts. If further reports come in, I'll have to lock the thread based on
    16. No Political Topics in the Main Forums

Political content is not allowed on the Main Forums. This includes images. Please form or join a Group if you would like to engage in political debate on MyFitnessPal.

Almost all threads on the topic of legislation of any kind, even proposed legislation, become a train-wreck in the public forums, so please steer away from political commentary related to this topic.

Oh, and do your best to be nice to each other, goes without saying.

Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
    You are wrong. Nothing about politics has been discussed thus far. The fact that you think intolerance is a political issue is a bit scary actually.

Actually, I'm referring to posts that question the social ramifications of local governments restricting the operation of a business, and now subsequent posts about the relationship between corporations, political donations, and legislation. Topics like this almost always end up creating an unwanted disturbance in the public forums, and fall under the category of political topics noted in our guidelines.

We created Groups, and put guideline 16 in place specifically to move conversations like this into groups where they will cause less uproar on the site.

Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff

You go Steven! ^^ He knows his stuff, awesome!
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    :)
  • memar0530
    memar0530 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken sandwich and a side salad, unsweetened tea. Much as I loved their waffle fries their not worth the fat and calories. Their banana pudding shakes are to die for but I didn't have one of them either. It's about choices...and I mean that in every sense of the word! :wink:
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I don't see why everyone is so butt hurt over a religious companys stance on homo sex and same sex marrige. I go there to eat their chicken I could care less what their beliefs or how much they pray to a sky wizard.

I don't think it's so much their stance on their beliefs, but more of what organizations their profits go towards.

But I think even that would be obvious... People (or in this case leaders of companies) are going to donate to causes that hold the same beliefs as them.... Everyone (unless they lived in a cave their whole lives) knew they were a Christian ran company... I mean, they aren't even open on Sunday... who else, besides Hobby Lobby, Christian bookstores and small businesses aren't open on Sunday? Everyone is open on Sunday. So wouldn't it be safe to assume that they would have donated to people like Focus on the Family?

Agreed. This SHOULD be a natural conclusion.

I am curious however, how many people look into where the profits of other businesses they frequent go.

YES YES YES a thousand times yes! Idk how or everyone was so shocked about this? Did people think they were going to support gay rights? And I'd be more than willing to bet that 99% of the people offended by chik-fil-a's decisions have NO CLUE about where the profits of other businesses go! Other businesses that they do support.
    We should know more. Unfortunately, forces inside and outside government have conspired to keep us all in the dark as much as possible.
  • reojames
    reojames Posts: 96
    Options
    You know, everyone has a right to express their opinions...first admentment right...duh. All this dilemma is basically saying is it is ok to express your opinion....as long as it agrees with what I believe. We all have friends we don't agree with on some things, do we stop being their friend?? NO. So if you like Chick Fila, go eat there! If you don't like it, well you're insane but to each their own. I mean seriously, how many other places do you go eat where the owner may feel the same way as Chick Fila's president and they just choose not to express it?!? I guess for some people, ignorance really is bliss. #JustSaying#

THIS!
    Very well thought out and very well said!
  • momof2TONI
    momof2TONI Posts: 116
    Options
    Chick Fil A is just like any other company, except their views are more publically known. Does your dentist support gay marriage? Your mechanic? How about the guy cashing you out at the grocery store? All of those people take your money and donate part of it to their own particular views. Should we only purchase goods and services from people who share our exact beliefs? Should be discriminate against anyone who disagrees with us? Should we go even further and try to ban them out of our city? Why not just save time and partition our country into multiple regions and segregate everyone with people of their similar beliefs. Seriously. Are we degenerating to the point that we can only associate with people like ourselves? Can't we coexist with people of different beliefs? Gay rights is supposed to be about acceptance and freedom to be who you are. Trying to ban companies(and their wouldbe future employees) from cities because of their views is no different. You don't stop discrimination by discriminating back. It's ridiculous.

This!!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

I don't think it's so much their stance on their beliefs, but more of what organizations their profits go towards.

But I think even that would be obvious... People (or in this case leaders of companies) are going to donate to causes that hold the same beliefs as them.... Everyone (unless they lived in a cave their whole lives) knew they were a Christian ran company... I mean, they aren't even open on Sunday... who else, besides Hobby Lobby, Christian bookstores and small businesses aren't open on Sunday? Everyone is open on Sunday. So wouldn't it be safe to assume that they would have donated to people like Focus on the Family?
    Christian does not have to equal anti-gay. Thanks for assuming!

Ok, where did I say Christians were "anti-gay"... I didn't... I said, that people tend to donate money to those who share their beliefs... you know, like Bob Barker donating a ship to the Sea Shepherd foundation... And seeing that I am a Christian (I'll even go one step further and inform you I am Southern Baptist as well) and I am not anti- anyone... I tolerate everyone's beliefs and opinions....
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Gotta end it here.
    16. No Political Topics in the Main Forums

Political content is not allowed on the Main Forums. This includes images. Please form or join a Group if you would like to engage in political debate on MyFitnessPal.

On a personal note I think this debate has great value, but the public forums are not the place for it, based on our Community Guidelines and the political nature of the conversation, as it has evolved.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Regards,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.