WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2012

Options

Replies

• javagsd
    javagsd Posts: 82
    Options
    Hi, I'm 65 and haven't really done any exercise in the 33 lbs since April because of medical issues - but joined a gym TODAY. My goal is to get my butt there every day in August!
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Happy August everyone! :flowerforyou:

Full moon tonight, :love: and I've been feeling way crazy for the last couple of days! Is that why? Gads, it's been nuts.

No time to post much tonight, just wanted to say hello and thanks Barbie, for continuing the thread.

Goal for this month is to start exercising again and not just count gardening calories. I lost 2 lbs in July, still have 8 to go.

Have a wonderful evening!

:smile: jb
  • VogtAndrea
    VogtAndrea Posts: 236
    Options
    Goal for this month. Try to make sure that I walk more than I have been because at the end of the month, that's what I'm going to have to do for 4 weeks. The city's pool is down for maintenance at that time, so is their gym.
  • dmisty24
    dmisty24 Posts: 26
    Options
    HI Everyone.....I am brand new....just joined about 5 min ago....this is a great site, and I love the idea of committing to everyone else your goals. Since, I live alone it is really great to be able to connect with others. So this will be my August goals:

stay within my 1200 calorie goal
    exercise a minimum of 2 X a week
    post 1x a day
    drink 6 glasses of water
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Good evening lovelies!

July goals, not 100% met but not a total wipeout either
    EVERY DAY:
    3 fruits + 5 veggies, made it mostly.
    at least SOME mat work, :ohwell: more days than not
    average 10K steps can't tell stopped updating and lost count
    let it be. Really. yes a couple of times I really did
    and no hooch til the weekend! Alas, no, I've been pre-weekending on Thursday nights.
    Annual goals, doing ok on the dance more/bark less but always run out of time to check in after the first week or two of the month.

Honestly believe I've eaten more fruits and veggies in the past 2 years than the prior 60 :laugh: Thanks SMVQ!

August goals below are more reachable while still progressing.

My eyes are really tired,:yawn: was wondering what DeeDee meant by "Michelle yay for the poo"
    Missed the L entirely...:laugh:

Hugs to all,

animal-emoticon-0064.gif
    Barbara, the AHMOD who WILL be size 10 one day
    August: EVERY DAY: 2 fruits + 7 veggies, 30 mins of any exercise, some mat work 5 days a week, average 10K steps, no more than 2 drinks Thurs-Sunday, PERIOD!!! Let it be. Really.
    2012: dance more, bark less and CHECK IN!!!
  • LindaS175
    LindaS175 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new ladies!

DAR good to see you back on MFP, you are so busy with your children. You children are going to some really good schools!

Meg- good move to stick with subway.:drinker: :drinker:

Michelle, you are so lucky to be getting a pool. The best exercise for ones joints are in the pool. I saw that one hospital has exercise bike's that they are putting in a pool, for people with joint problems........... I would love to do this, of course that bikes must be really EXPENSIVE! Keep us posted on the progress of the pool. :tongue: :tongue:

Barbie, wow how do you get so many steps in a day? That is a huge amount. Most people strive for just 10,000!:sad: :sad:

petand paws, your have great goals for august. Positive thinking is a good thing.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Jane- glad you have moved- good for you.

LizMil- thanks, 35 days is good for me, my week 6 is when I usually give up on other diets, but I am feeling strong with this new lifestyle change and checking her every day! :drinker: :drinker:

DeeDee, hope all is going well, good goals for August....I need to catch up to you in drinking that much water!:drinker: :drinker:
    i am going to have to check out Leslie Sansone 3 video's!:smile::bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Amanda- How's its going in London? I bet you will be so happy when all the people and activities of the Olympics are over and gone.
    :explode: :explode: :happy: :happy:
    I love watching watching the summer Olympics So nice to see such young and healthy athletes! Well time to get read for bed.

GO USA! :drinker: :drinker: :heart: :heart:

Blessings to all, Welcome to all the new people , keep logging and come back here everyday, just read and you will be so motivated to become a healthier, happy you !:heart:

hugs, Linda, AKA SundanceB:heart::heart: :love: :love: :smile: :smile:
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

:bigsmile: Happy August! Im back! Been off the post for awhile :blushing:

Goals for Aug are to stay on track with my Yoga 2 x a week
    Get to the gym 2 x a week
    Eat more fiber :blushing: I need it if ya know what I mean!
    And thats about it!

My DD is in Chicago! Her first airplane trip since she was in 4th grade and she is 21! She made it safe and sound but her boyfriend forgot his concert tix and they went for the 3 day Lollapalooza concert!!!! His friend at home is going to have to Fed Ex it to him :glasses: My DD was none to happy about that!!!

Moved my DS out of his apt and into a house with his roomies...he's very happy :bigsmile: Now he's waiting for his 2nd yr of college to start!

Well my scale read 130 yesterday and I have not seen that weight in 10 years! Im speechless to say the least! Would like to get down about another 20 pounds but I can finally see the end of the tunnel and it looks pretty good :flowerforyou:

Hope you are all well...Ive missed all your stories and posts!

As my Yoga teacher says...peace and love :heart: :heart: :heart:

Kat
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi again...as I'm trying to speed read thru some of the posts Im noticing that some of you are saying that your goals will be to try and stay within your 1200 calories a day...I eat 1200 calories a day so please feel free to read my food diary...its public and you can see what I eat if it helps you with your calories. I know when your first starting out 1200 can seem a bit daunting, but really once you get used to it , it can be very filling and satisfying :bigsmile:

Love
    Kat:heart::heart: :heart:
  • dick01
    dick01 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    thank you for your support. I am on a 10 day challenge for august. how do you joing your group/
  • janicemitchellcross
    janicemitchellcross Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi just saw this thread and thought it looked interesting so here goes;

goals for August

To keep on track on mfp

To walk the dogs one hour everyday

To continue pt twice weekly

To drink minimum 8 glasses water daily

To increase my fruit, veggies and protein intake

To enjoy my new healthy lifestyle and continue it as a life change not a diet

To accept that I can change myself but not others

Wish me luck on this part of my journey

Thanks Janice
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies and welcome to all the newbies, stick with us and chime in whenever you wish.

Linda (sundance) - I have to admit, travelling on the tube during the Olympics has not been nearly as bad as I expected. I think everyone is keeping away if they can. Hurrah for that!

Michelle - I'm starting to get pool envy!

Barbie - you constantly amaze me with your energy. I think swapping the weight training for yard work is a fair trade off!

You know, I don't really have any resolutions for August. I just want to continue in the same way as I've been trying to do for the last few months - stay positive, eat healthily where possible, exercise as much as I can, when I can and show as much love to as many people as possible. If I can live like that most of the time, I think I'll be ok.

Last night I was feeling a bit off colour so decided to watch a film that had been reccommended to me. It was called 'Lovely Still'. While it was a very well made film, I found it a little depressing. To be honest I wish I'd spent the time in my gym instead of watching it! Can't get that time back though, so will file it under 'lessons in not feeling depressed!'

My gorgeous grandtwins were so lovely yesterday. They make me smile so much and each hug I get from them is worth far more than gold and diamonds. DD and I took them shopping and I ended up buying them some of the sweetest little outfits. They are such good babies - I am so proud of how my daughter is with them. How wonderful to think that they are here because I gave birth all those years ago to my own girl.

I had a text from my sister who is holdiaying in Ireland with her husband and children, apparently the two youngest (13 and 7) were trying their hands at milking cows - I can't wait to see the photos! I know how much I used to enjoy milking goats - but it's been a very long time!

Anyway my lovelies, I'd better get some work done.

Love to you all.

Amanda x
  • bigpal
    bigpal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    good morning to all newbies and to all other friends my weight has been moving up and down the same 3bls dont know why ? i stay under what site says and cant seem to move it on down any help would sure be a blessing be my friend and u can look at my diary if it would help wishing everyone a good day happy logging carol
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning fabulous ladies:flowerforyou:

Welcome to all the newbies:flowerforyou: . Come in often and chat!!! This is a great group for inspiration !!!

Again not much time to chat:grumble: . I've gotten through 3 dinners out so far, one more to go, and as of this morning I've actually lost a little over a pound:huh: , I'm pleased about it, I must really be conscious about the things I'm choosing:bigsmile: .
    I just have to share this with everyone, I had a bit of a break yesterday afternoon so I popped into Stein Mart and tried on a few things, I have gone from wearing a 1x shirt to a size large, woo hoo:happy: :happy: :happy: . All my shirts were just hanging on me and I'm always the one that says "don't wear baggy clothes, they just make you look bigger". I bought 5 new shirts and I'm loving the way I look in them!!!!!:bigsmile: . I'm looking forward to the day I will have to buy mediums!!!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day filled with happiness and laughter and love!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: , and log your food!!!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee
  • amiscci
    amiscci Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies!
    My goals for August are to succeed over those last 3 pounds, drink tons of water and get my three girls (my twins plus my "rental daughter") off to college this month. Everyone is finally home starting this weekend, so we'll be doing more eating out/taking in-- always a challenge to calorie counting. Trying to get the energy for evening walks with my hubby too at least 3x a week on top
    of staying on top of my 3x week training.

We had dinner out last night. I'm not sure I got off to a great start, I'm afraid to even log last night but the Sangria was awesome. I REALLY needed that glass of wine!
    Have a great day,
    Donna
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,185 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all - you really are an interesting group of ladies! I enjoy reading all the posts and get inspired to keep at it.

DeeDee---that is WONDERFUL!!! I would enjoy going shopping if I was buying clothes of that size. Wow.

Have to run to meet a friend for coffee.

Still hoping the fix my Internet connection so I have the luxury to get out here and read on my schedule instead of during the bits of time the connection is working!

Lin

Here's to you......:drinker:
  • SandysNewLife
    SandysNewLife Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi all :
    Ive been working at losing since Sept '11 seriously and off and on before that.My heaviest was 272 and im down 76. It is sloooow going all summer but that is okay.I am pretty happy here too.
    my goals for August

Exercise 5 times a week by walking or the gym
    No more clothese shopping ! I am going way way overboard lately
    Keep logging on and keep accountable

oh and I'm 51
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Happy August Ladies! Looks like a great supportive group with reasonable goals.

This month (well - at least for today) I will:
    Track my food
    Eat healthy - more veggies & fruit
    Move more - get my butt to Curves (so I see less of it)

Thanks for this thread -
    Debbie
    :flowerforyou:
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

No food or water for me this am:grumble: because my toe surgery is in a little bit. I know it's not a major surgery by any means but still a little nervous and not excited about being in a boot for a month. I know I'll have to really watch what I eat since I won't get as much exercise but on the upside got a lot accomplished yesterday! Once this hurdle is done with, I can focus on getting some relief for my bad knee.

Anyway, as always, I enjoy reading all of your posts. Sorry I don't have time for comments on individual ones!

Have a stupendous day everyone!

Kathy:drinker:
  • ruthiejewell
    ruthiejewell Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm Ruth, 57 from Northern Ireland and have just discovered this brilliant topic, thanks! So many interesting people, experiences and goals, many of which I share. I've been a yo yo dieter all my adult lofe and have lost big amounts at least 3 times - like 65 pounds plus. Now need to lose at least that amount. Have lost about 12 pounds May to July low carbing, most of those before joining MFP. On a stall at present.

For August I'll have a goal of really putting my mind to exercising more with less excuses/laziness.

Also a big goal will be NO binges! Have had 2 in the last month - a decision to eat out or have takeaway leads to bad food choices instead of good, followed by let's end the evening with lots of chocolate then start afresh tomorrow! When will I learn???
  • TINACMILLS
    Options
    Just turned the Big 5-OH! Goals continue for August: attend class (Jazzercise, Body Sculpting, and/or Aerobics) x6 per week for min of one hr; to eat 1200 calorie diet or based on exercise count; to drink 8 glasses of water per day; to stay motivated by continuing with buddy system and holding each other accountable.