What is your secret diet food ?

Options

Replies

• khelm31
    khelm31 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth and the Fiber one brownies are great. I always keep them in the house! My other go to food for when I need a starch is sweet potatoes.
  • sherylawalker
    Options
    Pumpkin squash, sweet potato, grapes, raw spinach and frozen blueberries in blender for protein shakes
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth and the Fiber one brownies are great. I always keep them in the house! My other go to food for when I need a starch is sweet potatoes.

We call those fart brownies.
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    saving for reference!
  • stellarcanicula
    stellarcanicula Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Beanitos--they are like tortilla chips but they are made out of pinto or black beans, brown rice, and flax seeds.They are high in fiber, a good source of protein, relatively low in carbohydrates with a low GI (as compared to other chips) and low in sodium. They are also corn free and gluten free. AND, they. Taste. Amazing. Really, really delicious. Like, if I had known about them before I started, I would have been eating them then, too. They don't seem like a diet food when I eat them, and they are really good on a little platter with cottage cheese and chopped veggies, and maybe hummus if you're feeling extra hungry.

Oooooooh. Where can i buy these?
  • stellarcanicula
    stellarcanicula Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Grapefruits. I eat one a day. Delicious sweet and tangy, big. Full of vitamins. Love them beyond love.
  • TipsyT
    TipsyT Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Daikon radish is one of my favorite raw veggies. Peel it and slice it into "chips" and use with salsa, guacamole, and hummus. It's very mild and crunchy. I'm also a huge fan of beans (great source of protein and fiber), greens of all kind, and sweet potatoes. Oh, and I love those great flavored balsamic vinegars you can get at the specialty stores. They add so much flavor to cooked veggies and salads, a great replacement for butter or high fat dressings.

Trish
  • gobifree59
    gobifree59 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    All kinds of beans, especially black beans! They are great protein, have good fiber and fill me up!
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Luna bars, oatmeal, and unsweetened almond milk. :)
  • Fit_2013
    Fit_2013 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Fruitbu snack- 80 cals
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Green tea, hummus, berries, eggs, low-fat dip with veggies, fruit filled mini wheats, and homemade pizza!
  • YuffieKisaragi
    YuffieKisaragi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've never liked egg yolks, so egg whites have come in super handy.

Also pickles are low cal and a delicious snack. And vegetable soups are great if I find myself without a lot of calories left by dinner.

I know those last two are killing me on the sodium though. :(

I also love to grill vegetables on my panini maker and for sauce I just use hot sauce.

I guess hot sauce is my real savior. I NEED spicy, and most of the kind I use are zero calories!
  • asb46
    asb46 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Kale salad. One of the ubiquitous "pay by the pound" salad bars close to my Washington, DC office has it, and I love the stuff. I eat it at least once a week. I've been eating a cup a week of Kale salad long before POTUS (that's President of the United States) paid his famous visit to The Lincoln restaurant next door to my office recently, and made their kale salad the hottest dish in town since Michelle Obama first appeared in a sleeveless shift (sun's out, guns out).
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Those enormous tubs of organic greens. I love monster salads, and it's surprising how far one teaspoon of olive oil can go when the rest of your ingredients are so awesome. (Current fave is: arugula, raw beets, feta, walnuts, balsamic, red onion.) Keeps me full and happy. ;D

OR collard greens sauteed with uncured bacon, onions, and garlic; I try to make a big batch as often as possible. I put fried eggs on it in the morning, and cover it in hot sauce. <3
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    I love 100% Pure Libby's Pumpkin. A great tasting, natural & effective way to "keep you regular". It has 300% of your RDA of
    Vitamin A, 5 grams of Fiber & is only 40 calories a serving. I add cinnamon & 1.5 servings of half & half & two packets of Stevia (natural sugar free sweetener) & it's like eating pumpkin pie filling!

Wow, might have to try that!!
  • iamjonanderson
    Options
    No salt added bread and butter pickles. 30 calories per 5 slices with no sodium. I think they even have some made with splenda if you don't want the 4 g of sugar.
  • tinabatinaflc
    Options
    Fresh report on my attempt at cooking with turnips since spotting this thread: I made vegetable soup yesterday (potatos, carrots, turnips) and with some milk, some butter, and a few seasonings I now have enough delicious food for a week for just over 100 calories a serving... So I am now a fan of turnip, haha. I wrote down the recipe if anyone is interested. =) New favorite soup for winter!

i'm interested!
  • LemonSnap
    LemonSnap Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It is winter here in Southern Australia so soup is 'the go'. I make a big pot of minestrone (without noodles/pasta) to sit on the stove for snacks and lunches.

Carrots
    Celery
    Cauliflower
    Tomatoes
    Zucchini
    Beans
    Garlic and herbs

And we throw a handful of raw baby spinach into each bowl.

38 calories per 100 grams.
  • rustythezippergirl
    Options
    yesssss, lemon snap, soup is good food.

7210972522_ecafa6a53c.jpg
    Dog Bone Soup by Rusty Clark, on Flickr
  • tinabatinaflc
    Options
    OH OH favorite dessert!

sugar free jello (1cup - 10) with fat free redi whip (6 tbsp - 15)... with crushed mini meringue cookies (6 cookies - 51)

DELISH and tastes so decadent.