My thighs touch and I like it!

Options

Replies

• Demmuscles
    Demmuscles Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Each to their own, depends on body type etc...

I think it is awesome to have goals to work towards, but I don't think (IMO) that working towards a gap in between the thighs is a particularly positive one. It's a gap, a negative space, a nothing. Instead I think it would be more beneficial to focus on nicely toned thighs, strong defined muscles etc - and if when you get your thighs how YOU like them you happen to also have a gap, then good.

I had a MFPal who used to mention the want for a gap daily, it was ALL she was working for... which is fine, I guess we all think differently!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    My thighs touch, but not much. I don't wear out pants or anything. And, as you all can see, I'm overweight. I might end up with one, but I might not. I don't know and it's not why I'm here. *pokes belly*
  • chay69424
    Options
    Errrmmm... I would die to have a thigh gap, just saying. I don't like running and having my fat between my leg clapping together like someone is cheering me on.

^^^ LMAO
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I'm at the point now where I wear little spandex shorts under my skirts/dresses. I long for the day I "fall into the gap". Ha!

That being said, I love how firm and toned my legs have gotten. love them :love:

You're not alone, I just started doing that this year when on a particularly hot day I experienced chafing for the first time - OUCH!!!!
  • ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I totally love this! my only reason for wanting a "thigh gap" is because i hate wearing skirts and dressing and worrying about my thighs sticking together and being uncomfortable... and i have ruined a number of pairs of pants from the rubbing... But with that said... its not something i think someone can really control or work towards. but this whole thread was hilarious and super great to read :)
  • karagetsfit
    Options
    I have one but don't care either way. I also have wide hips (bone wise)
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I agree that it is body type. I am 20 pounds above the highest weight in a "healthy" bmi for my height and I have a thigh gap. My legs have always been small. However, my stomach is HUGE and looks way disproportionate to the rest of me, creating the "pregnant" look. No matter what size I am, my stomach is bigger than my hips and thighs. It's very difficult to find jeans because I can pull inches off the legs while being unable to button the waist, even when I was 40-50 pounds lighter than I am now. I'd take thighs that touch over my big gut any time!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    One thing I liked about putting on weight was the change on my thighs. They're like pinup girl status.
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    hate mine. i get chub rub when i run
  • A_Shannigans
    A_Shannigans Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    When you can't do walk off the pounds in loose shorts because the ride up on the insides.... its not a good thing....nuff said.
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    i just want it because of the chub rub, it hurts so much! I have wide hips so maybe one day!
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I never realised until recently that thighs aren't supposed to touch! I'm pretty sure mine have always touched, even when I was very skinny, but I have narrow hips and a narrow pelvis. I can't even imagine my thighs not touching - it would look wrong!
  • lizmaebar
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I was just thinking about this! I wore a dress to work recently and a tiny co-worker of mine told me that she wished her thighs touched like mine! I've always wanted a thigh gap, but I've recently started feeling comfortable with my curves, and to know that even skinny minis admire my body blew my mind!
  • janehen12
    janehen12 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I've never been skinny enough to know if they will touch when I'm at goal or not.. I just want jeans to last and summer skirts to not hurt!
  • jgondor
    jgondor Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    But go walk around Disneyworld for two days in 90-plus degrees and 95% humidity and tell me again how you like your thighs touching. :-)
    [/quote]

lol! this!! i dont mind the look of my thighs touching, but this^^^ gets super annoying!!!
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I agree with the comment about wearing through jeans-I don't mind the way my thighs look at all, but I wear a hole in my jeans right in the inner thigh area because of them rubbing together. Also, I'm trying to get into running, but if I don't wear spandex that comes down to my knees-chaffing:noway: I don't want a big gap, but firmer, toned thighs would go a long way for me lol

^^^^
    I so remember the first time I realized I was walking and not pulling my shorts down because my thighs were rubbing together. It was a very strange feeling, but one I was glad to have experienced.
    I started running a little over a year ago, and totally agree that I had to wear at least knee length tights to keep from getting a rash. Now I don't have that. I still have a tiny spot at the very top of my thighs that touch, but that's it....and I'm grateful! It makes running much more comfortable.

Keep working...toning will fix most of the rub and jeans will become comfortable again.
  • hydelaa
    hydelaa Posts: 184
    Options
    I think the gap between the things is weird, looks weird...and I do think it is a bone structure thing. I don't like that my jeans wear out in the thigh area, BUT I like curves as well..I love swinging kettle bells, so my legs are strong, but have a lot a lot of fat on them, I have a LONG ways to go but with the support we all have, eventually I'll get there...I just have to control my damn eating! I LOVE to eat! I recently got into swimming and I know that has helped..just need to eat right and keep it up:)
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Mine don't touch, nothing I can do about that...and if it's gross or weird or whatever other adjective then so be it. My hips are 35" not sure if that's considered "wide"
    I'm an hourglass and that doesn't seem to change regardless of weight, I DO have curves just smaller ones now :D
  • TayPat24
    TayPat24 Posts: 131
    Options
    i dont mind that my thighs touch i just wish they were a little less there. I think having a "thigh gap" looks odd
  • TallCurvyMuscles
    Options
    Muscular thighs will always rule
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!