Anyone else excited about Mars?

Options
MissTattoo
MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
NO! Not the candy bar!

Curiosity Rover is set to land on Mars on Sunday and we will finally know if there is actual water in the ice caps. I'm so geeked out! I've already cleared my schedule for Sunday to watch it live!

Replies

• Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Didn't even know that was happening.

Only thing on my radar for Sunday is the 1st NFL preseason game.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Interesting. Wish I had cable, but I didn't see the sense in paying 60 dollars when I'm not a big tv person.
  • MonaMel01
    Options
    Right now I'm excited about trampoline in the Olympics on Friday and Saturday. I guess I'm geeky like that.

Cannot wait until pro football starts back up!

Two words... HOT MEN!!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    First time I'm hearing about it! Cool, we're almost to the point of Futurama! :happy:
  • MissTattoo
    Options
    FOCUS PEOPLE!!! lol If they find water on Mars, humans can live there one day!
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I am excited about saving 15% on off my car insurance by switching to Geico
  • skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    Options

^^ yep cant schedule anything else....FOOTBALL BABY!! Best thing about football? FOOT BALL FOOD duh!
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    our 12 year old son is hyper about it...they have run a series on bbc2 he has been watching.

he wants to study geology and then join the RAF so he can be on the first manned mission!!

martyx
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    I had forgotten about that! So glad you posted about it :bigsmile: Thanks!!
  • skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    Options

just saying I thought men were from mars already? and chicks are from venus? right?

ok, as a geomorphologist, I do see what you are saying, its just funny that its posted here ;)
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Thought that this had already been answered! Why doesn't someone just ask the Autobots? They have been there! :-)
  • MissTattoo
    Options

just saying I thought men were from mars already? and chicks are from venus? right?

ok, as a geomorphologist, I do see what you are saying, its just funny that its posted here ;)

lol I figured I would bring out the nerd in everyone.
  • BLKeisha
    BLKeisha Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I hadnt heard about this either and would love to watch that. Its amazing the things the Lord allows us to descover but I dont believe that humans will EVER live on Mars.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! I had no idea they were doing it until now!! This could mean a lot of new possibilities!!
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder! I can't wait to watch. It has been such a busy week that I totally forgot. Just sent myself and email reminder! LOL
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    ALSO you said you're clearing sunday to watch live? What channel???
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options

I can't wait to hear the dun dun dun of MNF!!!!
  • pitbulllover
    pitbulllover Posts: 98 Member
    Options

I'm a science geek. I've been dreaming about the day that we can go populate another planet. Doubt it'll be mars though. I actually just re-watched Stephen hawkings into the universe earlier this week.