More office pet peeves....

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• vegagirl2012
    Options
    Ok, reading a lot of these made me laugh because I didn't realize I had so many office pet peeves. Here goes my top 10 list in random order. lol:

1) The person that blows their nose so loud that it sounds like a trumpet & keeps doing it throughout the day.
    2) The person that puts their headphones in & humms really loud & start singing than after about 2 hours of this asks "Am I loud?" ummm YES!
    3) The person that walks out the bathroom stall & heads right for the door without washing their hands. EWWW!
    4) Whenever we had a food day, I always wanted to be the first person to get some chips because once the bag was open you had certain people who would dip their hands in the bag instead of pouring the chips on a plate. (See # 3 above)
    5) A person who jams up the copier & doesnt even try to make an attempt to fix it.
    6) When I have to teach my bosses how to do their job! (something is wrong with this picture)
    7) Cold transfers. I hate when someone transfers a call & doesn't brief me on it first nor even tell the person that they are being transfered.
    8) People who don't flush the toilet. (see # 3 above)
    9) You are in a bathroom that has like 8-10 stalls & you are in the bathroom alone & someone comes in & takes the one right next to you. Why?! (see # 3 & 8 above)
    10) To round out the list: fake, nosey, inconsiderate people who gossip all day & try to get you involved in some mess for no reason. (misery loves company)
    Bonus: People who forget to turn their "out of office" reply off & change their voicemails. If it says that you will be returning June 1st & it is July13th thats a problem. Also same person who doesn't clear out voicemail & it is always full.
  • jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options

ANYONE I hear sniveling "But it's not my job ", hell half the stuff I do isn't my job but we have a service to deliver so shape up or find another role !!

Oh yes! And it's evil cousin "Why can't we just hire more people?"

Because we would have to let one underperformer go... are you volunteering?

Funny, they are frequently said by the same types of of people.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Women in their 50s and 60s calling each other "girl". "Hey girl". "You go girl". "Girl, I love that skirt".

LOL boy what u talkin bout?
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I had to share an office with my creepy boss for a few months (who didn't know his job).

He ate baby carrots at lunch. Almost every day. In otherwise complete silence.
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Women in their 50s and 60s calling each other "girl". "Hey girl". "You go girl". "Girl, I love that skirt".

LOL

Very loud laughs for SUREEE, how fake almost everyone is :)
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    the "out of office" message.

Yes, I get it everybody else is on vacation! grrrrrrr

I put a link to my holiday destination on that just to really annoy people

:bigsmile:

This is awesome! If I worked in an office, I'd totally do this.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I posted yesterday but I got one more. At the same job with the smelly-armpit-guy there was also a 50+ guy who would make the stupidest jokes and then laugh at them - by himself. No one else was laughing, they were so stupid. Also, every time I was on the phone with someone (and he had to have known I was on the phone) he would start chatting away at me about crap. At the time, I had also bought a new car. Every fricken' day, he would say, "Hey Gretchen - Nice car." Next day: "Hey Gretchen - Nice car." Over and over and over ... Kind of a creepy old guy ...
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    the lady who wants to hold an entire conversation while you're in the bathroom stall.

^^^this! :laugh:
  • knackarsch
    Options
    i just thought of one that i forgot earlier...

people who deck out their offices/cubes/whatever as if its a nick-nack museum and/or make their personal space a cluttered sh-- hole. seriously, your collection of fuzzy pens, bobble heads, calendars, vendor toys, 13 photos of your dog, ect. and lack of organization with 47 post-it-notes everywhere, 20 thumb tacked documents and 12 inch high piles of papers/folders makes me want to slap you.

My summer student did this! Day 2 on the job I went to her cubicle and she had half a dozen figurines from a movie, personalized notebooks, a calendar and a wall full of 'inspirational quotes' hand writen on post it notes up. I've been here for 9 months and the only non-office thing I have is a candy jar (empty for the last 3 months)... because one of the guys in the office told me, "you're a girl, aren't you supposed to bring candy to work for us?"

My hand written inspirational post it collection includes "Be excellent to each other" and "This aggression will not stand, man"
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    The downward spiral of the person who "responds to all" on a company wide email...then the annoyed person who "responds to all" on that persons email spouting some tirade about not responding to all... etc etc etc

This!!!! and nearly all of the others.

Public nail clippers?!? Gross.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    The break room pet peeve...........leaving the microwave a nasty splattered mess