Considering rehoming a husband.

Options

Replies

• Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Wow you made this just to mock me? I'm flattered.

Honestly, no, my husband is just getting on my nerves and I needed the laugh. I do wish you the best of luck with your cats.
  • crazylikefox
    Options
    Positive reinforcement training. It is your responsibility to provide this as you made the commitment and took on the responsibility. It may take a while, but in the end it is the most effective method.

Instead of scolding or nagging, watch for him to do good. Like with the dishes, the moment he does them give him generous praise and love and attention. Do NOT bring up the fact that he did them late or didn't load the dishwasher correctly or what have you. Whatever he does right, give him kisses and love right away so he associates it with the behavior.

The nature of the beast is to want to please. When he begins to associate the chore with a positive outcome, he will do the chores. Use simple commands, and immediately click and treat, and you will begin to see some very positive changes.
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Craigslist?
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Squirt bottle...

Hose might work better.
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Does he at least put the lid down?
  • mfoulkebrown
    mfoulkebrown Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm in favor of positive reinforcement in behavior training. Just start small and work up to better behaviors. Sometimes the younger ones don't understand the steps necessary to complete the behavior your desire.

For example, if you want him to close the door, you should reward him with something small he likes (treat, pat on the head) when he goes NEAR the door. That will teach him that the door is a safe, happy place he should go more often. Once he has that down, you work on getting him to touch the door and so on. To make sure you are ready, always have some treats in your pocket. Males usually like bacon.

Negative reinforcement often just makes the behavior harder to deal with. They become stubborn or tune you out.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    FREE TO A GOOD HOME

"good" home optional
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I strongly suspect food allergies are the culprit here. Put him in a closed room with a case of Guiness and see if that helps.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Wow you made this just to mock me? I'm flattered.

You have to admit it's funny, but also very mean girl! But sorry about you cat.
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    shock collar.

love this! I agree totally!
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Is this about a husband or an animal? Is this even real? I'm beyond confused and just wasted a good ten minutes of my life I will never get back.
  • pmad37
    pmad37 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    euthenasia......if you get a female jury....

(and yes, for the record, I am kidding)......kinda
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Rolled up newspaper and if that doesn't work - unplug the video games at a really important part.

^ This is terms for DIVORCE. Ladies, don't EVER do that to your man - or vice versa.

#girlgamers #hashtagsaresuperlame
  • andivaclavicek
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I reinforce good behavior with treats. And by treats I mean delicious food and slutty behaviour.

Would you consider also having a wife??

I would not only consider it, but I would be honoured.
  • MsDivineM
    Options
    I have one with some of the same qualities! Only he's been around for 15 years! I've tried everything and nothing has worked yet! Good luck! Loving this tread!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Sounds too well behaved to have been a rescue.... did you contact the breeder? I dare ya....

bwahahahah did you get a return contract?
  • 600racer
    600racer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Have you considered positive reinforcement behavior training using sex?
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I reinforce good behavior with treats. And by treats I mean delicious food and slutty behaviour.
    This statement has been validated by Sheldon on Big Bang Theory. Whenever he is good, give him sex or chocolate.
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm in favor of positive reinforcement in behavior training. Males usually like bacon.

This